Five Questions Facing The Jets Tonight ~ Star Ledger

JetCane

Dave Hutchinson article: Five questions facing the Jets as they open their preseason schedule tonight:

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/inde...140.xml&coll=1

1. Will the Jets miss holdout CB Darrelle Revis?

With Justin Miller (hamstring) out, Andre Dyson -- hobbled by an undisclosed right leg injury -- and veteran David Barrett will start. Veteran Hank Poteat, who started the final six games last season, and Drew Coleman are among the top reserves. The play of Miller and Barrett in training camp has helped the Jets strengthen their resolve in the Revis negotiations.

2. Who will emerge as the backup quarterback?

Second-year pro Kellen Clemens has the early nod and he'll get the benefit of the doubt if it's close for no other reason he was a second-round pick, but he's not a slam dunk over veteran ex-Raider Marques Tuiasosopo. Multi-purpose performer Brad Smith is not an NFL quarterback right now. At best, the Jets can give him a package of plays each game.

3. How will the situation at left guard play out?

Veteran Pete Kendall wants out in a contract dispute but the Jets have refused to give in to him. He's on the second-team behind Adrien Clarke but the Jets are periodically putting him with the first group. A starter for most of his 12-year career, Kendall would absolutely blow a gasket if the Jets played him into the third and fourth quarters with rookies and free agents. Stay tuned.

4. Is Sione Pouha the perfect complement at nose tackle?

Undersized veteran Dewayne Robertson (6-1, 310 pounds) did an outstanding job last season despite his lack of bulk. He brought a unique blend of quickness to shoot the gap and strength to hold his ground and two-gap (play the running lanes on each side). Yet, the Jets need a beefy run-stuffer on short yardage situations and they're hoping the 6-foot-3, 330-pound Pouha is their man.

5. Will the Jets be glad to see John Abraham?

Abraham got a new contract and a new team. The Jets got center Nick Mangold, who, along with tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson, will be the foundation for the offensive line for the next decade or more. Still, it won't please Jets fans much if Abraham comes around the edge and beats Mangold's buddy, Ferguson.

-- DAVE HUTCHINSON

----------------------------------------------

My take on it:

Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but they will, and for the rest of their lives, 'cause the problems of two people dont mean a hill of beans. But they'll always have Paris.

Here's a hint: it wont be Brad Smith, Brooks Bollinger, Patrick Ramsey or Tui.

Clarke in the first quarter, Kendall in the second, Wicker in the third, and Neil Schwartz in the 4th.

Perfect? We're Jets fans, perfect is not in our vocabulary.

Only if he gets back in time from his OB/GYN appointment.

My take on it:

Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but they will, and for the rest of their lives, 'cause the problems of two people dont mean a hill of beans. But they'll always have Paris.

Clarke in the first quarter, Kendall in the second, Wicker in the third, and Neil Schwartz in the 4th.

God FORBID they play Pete Kendall after halftime JC-we'll have another whole week of articles about him whining like a little schoolgirl

Dave Hutchinson article: Five questions facing the Jets as they open their preseason schedule tonight:

With Justin Miller (hamstring) out, Andre Dyson -- hobbled by an undisclosed right leg injury -- and veteran David Barrett will start. Veteran Hank Poteat, who started the final six games last season, and Drew Coleman are among the top reserves. The play of Miller and Barrett in training camp has helped the Jets strengthen their resolve in the Revis negotiations.

Second-year pro Kellen Clemens has the early nod and he'll get the benefit of the doubt if it's close for no other reason he was a second-round pick, but he's not a slam dunk over veteran ex-Raider Marques Tuiasosopo. Multi-purpose performer Brad Smith is not an NFL quarterback right now. At best, the Jets can give him a package of plays each game.

Veteran Pete Kendall wants out in a contract dispute but the Jets have refused to give in to him. He's on the second-team behind Adrien Clarke but the Jets are periodically putting him with the first group. A starter for most of his 12-year career, Kendall would absolutely blow a gasket if the Jets played him into the third and fourth quarters with rookies and free agents. Stay tuned.

Undersized veteran Dewayne Robertson (6-1, 310 pounds) did an outstanding job last season despite his lack of bulk. He brought a unique blend of quickness to shoot the gap and strength to hold his ground and two-gap (play the running lanes on each side). Yet, the Jets need a beefy run-stuffer on short yardage situations and they're hoping the 6-foot-3, 330-pound Pouha is their man.

Abraham got a new contract and a new team. The Jets got center Nick Mangold, who, along with tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson, will be the foundation for the offensive line for the next decade or more. Still, it won't please Jets fans much if Abraham comes around the edge and beats Mangold's buddy, Ferguson.

-- DAVE HUTCHINSON

My take on it:

:rl::rl: Neil Schwartz in the 4th...

I don't get it...

I hate it when i have to explain my jokes. :)

They thought it was funny on TGG! ;-)

First, my tc thread gets blown away by gg's milf photos.

23291098.jpg

Now, no one laughs at my jokes. :box:

Now i got all these freakin rep points--for what?! what does it all mean?

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF ALL THIS? :cuss:

It's all your fault, SFJ. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

And you too, greengal. You and that #@%$ camera.

Sh1t, i got another wrinkle around my Xs.

-- DAVE HUTCHINSON

My take on it:

i'm givin it a potw nom............I mean't to before you posted but got caught up in splain to sfj.

i'm givin it a potw nom............I mean't to before you posted but got caught up in splain to sfj.

no big crime there though jc and jw...sfj=not the sharpest knife in the drawer

this is a guy who has to have his wife explain friggin commercials to him for chrisakes

Archived