NFL ticket info for out of towners...

NIGHT STALKER

I decided today that I was going to put my foot down...both of them. I subscribe to the NFL Sunday ticket with DirecTV. It's bad enough paying these clowns over 2 bills to watch the games, but they want $99 to watch the games in HD.

So, I called them up today and said listen, I have an HD TV with a HD DVR and your telling me I have to pay an additonal 99 bucks to watch the games in HD? They said that's right. I told them I've already paid my first payment for Sunday ticket, just cancel it and refund my first payment.

They then said well......we can go ahead and give you the Super Fan (their HD football package) for free. Guess they didn't want a pissed off customer...I also got the HD DVR for free as well a couple of months ago...just paid $19.99 for shipping.

So you guys that live out of town, give it a shot...complain about the prices and threaten them you'll cancel...worked for me.:box:

I decided today that I was going to put my foot down...both of them. I subscribe to the NFL Sunday ticket with DirecTV. It's bad enough paying these clowns over 2 bills to watch the games, but they want $99 to watch the games in HD.

So, I called them up today and said listen, I have an HD TV with a HD DVR and your telling me I have to pay an additonal 99 bucks to watch the games in HD? They said that's right. I told them I've already paid my first payment for Sunday ticket, just cancel it and refund my first payment.

They then said well......we can go ahead and give you the Super Fan (their HD football package) for free. Guess they didn't want a pissed off customer...I also got the HD DVR for free as well a couple of months ago...just paid $19.99 for shipping.

So you guys that live out of town, give it a shot...complain about the prices and threaten them you'll cancel...worked for me.:box:

my sister had a similar situation with her cable. they kept jacking the rates, finally she just called to cancel, they kept lowering the rates, they finally got to well lower than they were paying when they first started.

its nice when the companies listen, but pretty BS that they try to jack the rates all the time.

Archived