David Harris

vinnys025

Did anyone else get excited when he stepped onto the field and on his first play and made that nice hit? He did a great job last night, I watched him very closely and he looks to be a very promising rookie. On run plays you saw him fill holes and met the RB up in the lanes rather than waiting. His reading and reacting on running and passing plays were great. He would also bust through the Oline and push them back to change the direction of the running play on a couple of occasions.

He does what Vilma cant do as a MLB. While Harris gets his head up in the trenches and pushes piles and makes big hits, Vilma is more of a guy who sidesteps the Oline or try's to guess which side the RB is going to go....if he can shed the block. The future is bright for Harris.....yes, even after one preseason game. You can notice talent immediately.

Did anyone else get excited when he stepped onto the field and on his first play and made that nice hit? He did a great job last night, I watched him very closely and he looks to be a very promising rookie. On run plays you saw him fill holes and met the RB up in the lanes rather than waiting. His reading and reacting on running and passing plays were great. He would also bust through the Oline and push them back to change the direction of the running play on a couple of occasions.

He does what Vilma cant do as a MLB. While Harris gets his head up in the trenches and pushes piles and makes big hits, Vilma is more of a guy who sidesteps the Oline or try's to guess which side the RB is going to go....if he can shed the block. The future is bright for Harris.....yes, even after one preseason game. You can notice talent immediately.

That is great news! I was really excited when we got him; I hope he can continue to develop and push for some PT this season.

Did he get any reps with the first string D?

Victor Hobson had a similar start to his career. These UMich stud LBs are 'out of the box' guys, meaning they show up, you take em out of the box they were shipped in and let em play.

A natural hitter and violent. Harris is the type of player that will not always make the play but will put his helmet into a guard's chest and create a pile where the running back wanted to go. He moves forward regardless of who (or how many) in front of him.

all that being said Barton looked good as well. Guys like Kassell and Schlegel are on bubble alert.

Victor Hobson had a similar start to his career. These UMich stud LBs are 'out of the box' guys, meaning they show up, you take em out of the box they were shipped in and let em play.

A natural hitter and violent. Harris is the type of player that will not always make the play but will put his helmet into a guard's chest and create a pile where the running back wanted to go. He moves forward regardless of who (or how many) in front of him.

all that being said Barton looked good as well. Guys like Kassell and Schlegel are on bubble alert.

Agreed. BTW Kassell looked good, he had a good stick, however Schlegel was a no show. I think he's on the bubble, or a ST player...maybe.

Archived