Top 10 Players in NY

TomShane

ARod is the Dominique Wilkins of Major League Baseball--incredible numbers, dynamic player, ZERO idea how to win a ballgame.

I thought there was a great blurb in the Post the other day in Joel Sherman's article about ARod potentially winning the non-steroid HR title (discounting both Barry Bonds's, Mark McGwire's and Sammy Sosa's juice-aided embarrassments. Sherman asked an AL Scout if ARod could hit 62+ and the guy said (paraphrasing) "No chance. When the heat is turned on, Jeter will start hitting again and ARod will stop hitting." All I can say is owwwwwwwwwwww.

If it's all about winning....WHy do you even bother to talk about "Great Mets" ??

They suck,always have and they can't & won't win sh*t.

SO i don't ever wanna hear Keith Hernandez or any other sh*tty NY Mess players name come out of your mouth.

Beltran....shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Derek Jeter then. Beltran is a KC royal who has played in as many meaningful games as Mackey Sasser.

If it's all about winning....WHy do you even bother to talk about "Great Mets" ??

They suck,always have and they can't & won't win Sh#t.

SO i don't ever wanna hear Keith Hernandez or any other sh*tty NY Mess players name come out of your mouth.

Beltran....shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Derek Jeter then. Beltran is a KC royal who has played in as many meaningful games as Mackey Sasser.

'

Please MFer. By that standard Miguel Cairo is better than Beltran and Mariano Duncan is better than ARod. The fact is that ARod chokes and has never, ever won. The last time the Royals were competitive, Beltran was leading them. Last post-season, Beltran carried the Astros through the playoffs. He did not shrink and hide a la ARod. Please.

And as far as Jeter vs. Beltran, if you let every team pick one or the other, all of them would pick Beltran in a split second. And that INCLUDES the Yankees.

They suck,always have and they can't & won't win Sh#t.

Since the Mets inception in 1962 the Yanks have 6 titles and the Mets 2, so yes the Yanks have more rings since 62 but the METS can and have won sh*t.

Beltran joined the Astros at the trade deadline and turned their season around last year while the great leader allowed his group of All-Stars to blow a 3-0 ALCS lead.

Be happy you had your 96-2000 run.

That run has been over going on year number five now.

Archived