Gagne Bombed again! Merged X2

Boy you Yankees fans aren't obsessed or anything? Two topics in 1 minute about the Sox from Yankees fans.

And don't act for one second like the Yankees didn't try to get Gagne or that at the trade deadline you wouldn't have taken him in a second over most of your bullpen.

Boy you Yankees fans aren't obsessed or anything? Two topics in 1 minute about the Sox from Yankees fans.

And don't act for one second like the Yankees didn't try to get Gagne or that at the trade deadline you wouldn't have taken him in a second over most of your bullpen.

Just giving you guys a taste of your own obsessive medicine.

True. Very true.

Judging Gagne on a few bad outings could come back to bite some overzealous posters.

I'll chalk it up to pennant fever.

Well nobody really knows for sure if the Yankees tried to get him. I for one was quite happy they didn't for reasons I brought up after the Sox traded for him. Texas was scared to let him pitch on consecutive days because he didn't look like he could handle it, and I read a quote from an AL scout that said he isn't what he used to be. Good..not great. Until now he has also never been tested in a penant race. I was glad the Yankees didn't get him at the deadline and I'm still glad they didn't get him. Does this mean there's no way he turns it around? Absolutely not. Hell, he may go on to not give up another hit for the rest of the season and I'd admit to being dead wrong. As of today though, I still love this non-move by the Yankees FO.

Melky BTW is starting to make a believer out of me.

The kid has been on fire. I said we'd see improved offense from him this season over last season but the power numbers were horrible early on. Even if he doesn't reach 15 HRs, he's still a guy I see as a potential .300 hitter with speed and excellent defense. I'll take it.

Well nobody really knows for sure if the Yankees tried to get him. I for one was quite happy they didn't for reasons I brought up after the Sox traded for him. Texas was scared to let him pitch on consecutive days because he didn't look like he could handle it, and I read a quote from an AL scout that said he isn't what he used to be. Good..not great. Until now he has also never been tested in a penant race. I was glad the Yankees didn't get him at the deadline and I'm still glad they didn't get him. Does this mean there's no way he turns it around? Absolutely not. Hell, he may go on to not give up another hit for the rest of the season and I'd admit to being dead wrong. As of today though, I still love this non-move by the Yankees FO.

Gagne's playoff time was garbage time too

Actually this is where it could be found, we just started replying to the other one. Thanks.

I didn't mean to call you out. Shawns thread had 10 or 11 replies before I saw this one.

Can will all agree the Gagne sucks?

The kid has been on fire. I said we'd see improved offense from him this season over last season but the power numbers were horrible early on. Even if he doesn't reach 15 HRs, he's still a guy I see as a potential .300 hitter with speed and excellent defense. I'll take it.

the big thing with melky is the defense - the fact that he is hitting is an added bonus. damon has become woeful in the outfield while melky gets to just about everything and has an above avg arm. damon should DH and occasionally make an OF appearance assuming he can start cathing the ball in lf.

I didn't mean to call you out. Shawns thread had 10 or 11 replies before I saw this one.

Can will all agree the Gagne sucks?

It's cool Gainz, I know you're better than that. No offense taken. As far as Gagne, I think it's fair to say he's not the Gagne of old, but my god he can't be this bad can he? I think he'll be alright but the Sox didn't get what they thought they were getting when they traded for him.

It's cool Gainz, I know you're better than that. No offense taken. As far as Gagne, I think it's fair to say he's not the Gagne of old, but my god he can't be this bad can he? I think he'll be alright but the Sox didn't get what they thought they were getting when they traded for him.

I think he closed out a couple of Rangers games right before the Sox traded for him.

He blew a 5-1 lead on Friday and a 3-1 lead today (both in the bottom of the 8th). He's the reason the Sox lost this series.

I think he closed out a couple of Rangers games right before the Sox traded for him.

He blew a 5-1 lead on Friday and a 3-1 lead today (both in the bottom of the 8th). He's the reason the Sox lost this series.

Yep, and with the way the Yankees are playing, Boston can't afford to lose games to teams like the O's.