THE OFFICIAL SIGN REVIS THREAD

gangreenman

I Know theres been a lot of discussions etc... about how to handle Darelle Revis, but this is the OFFICIAL thread.

SIGN DARELLE REVIS SO WE DONT LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS FOR TRADING UP SO MUCH TO GET HIM!!!

IF HE WANTS 5, GIVE HIM 5 AND RESIGN HIM AFTER YR 4!!!!! FOR THE FIRST 14 DAYS IT'S CUTE, BUT NOW ITS TIME TO GET THIS KID SUITED UP AND ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!

I still for the life of me can not figure out why the Jets are being stubborn on this- for a player we made a move up to target- it has to be because of the Kendall situation and the same agent-that is the only thing that makes sense to me.

I still for the life of me can not figure out why the Jets are being stubborn on this- for a player we made a move up to target- it has to be because of the Kendall situation and the same agent-that is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Adam Schein just reported that it's coming from Schwartz and that they aren't even talking-no big surprise to me

there is a old line- you have to know when and where to pick your fights and this is not one of them for the good of this team. We need Harris and Revis to have some type of an impact this year for us to have a better defense.

especially when you mortgaged your whole friggin draft for the players

This season.... I guess all we really drafted was Harris and Stucey.

My message to the Jets front office... Just because you all had 1 year of success dont mean your shiit cant stank... Cause of right now... Your barking up the wrong tree with this kid, just go ask Revis' uncle what he thinks about holding out.

With the Yankees there was always the chance the chance of an intervention from George. In years gone by, Leon Hess would have made a phone call and the deal would get done.

I don't think Woody is that kind of owner.

No good outcomes from here fellas. Even a cave by Revis is not a good outcome. Bad blood.

Lets see not close to being signed going into the second preseason game..playing a tough position and needs to learn the speed of the game as well as the defense...will take a while to earn the starting cb position...so early in the season will be a nickel back at best..

Lets see not close to being signed going into the second preseason game..playing a tough position and needs to learn the speed of the game as well as the defense...will take a while to earn the starting cb position...so early in the season will be a nickel back at best..

Playing bump and run is not rocket science, learning the defensive calls will take time. but if somebody is coaching him on what plays to play zone and what plays to play man it shouldn't be that difficult. I think corner is one of the easier positions to come in as a rookie.

Mike T said before the signings that the Revis contract would be very simple. He would get a little more than the 15th pick and little less than the 13th. MIKE, go back and listen to what the hell you said and sign Revis NOW. To have a 14th pick still not signed is BS. This lack of a signing is completely on the FO. And it makes the Jets look to be unwilling to be fair to a player; which could come back and bite them in the ass with other signing/resigning of players. Very bad business. And there is a chance, a small one he sit out the year. What a train wreck that would be.

Mike T said before the signings that the Revis contract would be very simple. He would get a little more than the 15th pick and little less than the 13th. MIKE, go back and listen to what the hell you said and sign Revis NOW. To have a 14th pick still not signed is BS. This lack of a signing is completely on the FO. And it makes the Jets look to be unwilling to be fair to a player; which could come back and bite them in the ass with other signing/resigning of players. Very bad business. And there is a chance, a small one he sit out the year. What a train wreck that would be.

If the worst happened and Revis actually sat out the whole year it would not be that devastating. We could use the cap savings to lock up Rhodes, and extend a few others. We could also be more aggressive in free agency next spring. He WILL sign, and I think there is blame on both sides, but looking at Tanny's record I think it is more on Revis.

I think this is Mangini being a hardass, not Tanny. Tannenbaum always signed the picks previously and now he is being forced into the Patriot way of stone walling players. Kendell alluded to Tanny agreeing to bump his salary this year and only needing to have the coach sign off on it and we know how that has gone. The Jets can't win this one, just give him 5 years like all the other picks around him got and be done with it. There is no guarantee that Mangini or Tannenbaum will be here in 5 years or that Revis will warrant a big deal then. He might be a bust for all we know.

If the worst happened and Revis actually sat out the whole year it would not be that devastating. We could use the cap savings to lock up Rhodes, and extend a few others. We could also be more aggressive in free agency next spring. He WILL sign, and I think there is blame on both sides, but looking at Tanny's record I think it is more on Revis.

If it was a 5 year contract like all the others, this would of been done. Like somebody on the board said, Revis would be to blame if he wanted to sign a 4 year contract only.

I think this is Mangini being a hardass, not Tanny. Tannenbaum always signed the picks previously and now he is being forced into the Patriot way of stone walling players. Kendell alluded to Tanny agreeing to bump his salary this year and only needing to have the coach sign off on it and we know how that has gone.

Entirely possible. Before Mangini, Tanny just needed to fit Bradway's poor decisions under the cap. Most of those guys recognized they were overpaid and just thankful for the job.

Either way, this one's on Jets' management. Just get the five year deal done.

Hey... I'm also gonna bench his ass on Madden untill he signs a damn contract. I may even trade his ass to the Browns.

you cant bench him until you sign him...

Question becomes, do you stay stubborn like Tannenbaum or do you cave for 5? Also, once he does sign do you bench his arse year 1 or do you let him play? Interesting dilemmas...

They want to give him a longer contract now, but watch what happens if he becomes a pro bowler. Suddenly it's 1 year franchise city.

It's one thing to have problems with Kendall. But now it's Kendall, Moore and Revis, and Revis. Tangini really are getting big heads after one okay season with a carebear schedule. We need our weapons now this year to even get close to that, and if we're just gonna piss everyone on the team off we're never going to catch up to the Patriots. Have the Patriots ever had this much trouble signing a friggin DRAFT pick? It's one thing to hardline someone and then cut him (Milloy) or trade him (Branch) it's another to not even give the man a contract in the first place.

I Know theres been a lot of discussions etc... about how to handle Darelle Revis, but this is the OFFICIAL thread.

SIGN DARELLE REVIS SO WE DONT LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS FOR TRADING UP SO MUCH TO GET HIM!!!

IF HE WANTS 5, GIVE HIM 5 AND RESIGN HIM AFTER YR 4!!!!! FOR THE FIRST 14 DAYS IT'S CUTE, BUT NOW ITS TIME TO GET THIS KID SUITED UP AND ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!

You said it all.... GET HIS BUTT IN HERE !!

The Jets have gone too long in demanding that Revis sign a 6 year deal. They cannot turn around and settle for the 5 year contract that Revis and Schwartz seek. The best way to do this is for the Jets to be done with their "no voidable year" bull**** and make the 6th year voidable if certain playing incentives are reached. That or give him the most money in the 6th year of the contract.

Archived