****The Official Rutgers University Thread****

BP

It's funny that when other conferences show depth by having their teams knock off eachother they are a great conference but when the Big East shows that exact same thing it's because it sucks as a conference. These haters are too much.

UConn is leading the Big East. Enough said.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are good. You completely ignored that UConn is leading the Big East and tried to make this into a BC/ACC thread.

Why is UConn leading the Big East?

Because of the schedule. They haven't played anyone yet. You bash the big east because you are a BC, ACC homer.

Because of the schedule. They haven't played anyone yet. You bash the big east because you are a BC, ACC homer.

Have you taken a look at the Rutgers schedule this year?

They have lost 2 home games this season even though they had 6 out of their first 7 games at home.

WVU and USF are better than any team BC plays this year.

MadMike was also here telling us at the beginning of teh year, what a great team Louisville was.

Going into this weekend:

Cincinatti 107th ranked schedule

Connecticut 115th ranked schedule

Rutgers 101st ranked schedule

Louisville 103rd ranked schedule

USF and WVU are the only teams that have played a decent schedule.

Big East Motto-Let us play your sisters-We can beat them, we think.

WVU and USF are better than any team BC plays this year.

Really now?

But not Rutgers right? That same Rutgers that got smacked in the mouth by Maryland at home? Nice.

:P

Va Tech > WVU / USF with their awesome, as SD posted above, strength schedules.

That was a good game and a nice win for RU

USF isnt close to being the legit #2, and that loss will knock them off their perch.

They just lost to an unranked team- there is no way they were the second best team in the nation.

Is anyone? UM? Parity is good.

Really now?

But not Rutgers right? That same Rutgers that got smacked in the mouth by Maryland at home? Nice.

How did rutgers get smacked in the mouth? Their 2 losses were both close games. They had chances to win both of them with a few minutes left. BTW there is NO TEAM in the ACC with as good an in conference schedule as big east teams so one or 2 good OOC games doesn't really do anything to change that.

Really now?

How did rutgers get smacked in the mouth? Their 2 losses were both close games. They had chances to win both of them with a few minutes left. BTW there is NO TEAM in the ACC with as good an in conference schedule as big east teams so one or 2 good OOC games doesn't really do anything to change that.

LSU and OU would both destroy SFU on a neutral field.

i think they are a pretty good team, and I like the way they play, but no way are they an elite team.

Neutral field? Unlike the 2 teams you mentioned, USF has yet to play a poor game. Maybe you meant OSU? They don't have a signature win either. No way. You can't automatically say either of these teams would beat USF, much less destroy them. Didn't USF beat Auburn? They desereved to be where they were, but if you don't think so, they'll be back.

Neutral field? Unlike the 2 teams you mentioned, USF has yet to play a poor game. Maybe you meant OSU? They don't have a signature win either. No way. You can't automatically say either of these teams would beat USF, much less destroy them. Didn't USF beat Auburn? They desereved to be where they were, but if you don't think so, they'll be back.

Auburn isnt so good this year. That win is very devalued.

Any team that gets outcoached by schiano has issues. :biggrin:

Like i said, SFU is a good team, but not an elite team compared to some of the best teams in the country. You just think they are b/c they are in teh BigLeast.

When did LSU play a poor game?

I guess losing on the road in triple overtime to a top 10 team is playing poorly. Go figure.

LSU is a top notch team-Ohio St schedule has not been tough so far- we shall see how good they are in the next couple of weeks.

Definitely. They are coming into the meat of their schedule now.

Sat, Oct 27 at (24) Penn State 8:00 pm --

Sat, Nov 3 Wisconsin TBA --

Sat, Nov 10 Illinois TBA --

Sat, Nov 17 at (19) Michigan 12:00 pm

I was being gracious when i said that osu*-LSU would be a good matchup. i despise the suckeyes. But they are doing it the old fashioned way- with great defense and a rushing game.

November is going to be a VERY interesting month in college football.

Auburn isnt so good this year. That win is very devalued.

Any team that gets outcoached by schiano has issues. :biggrin:

Like i said, SFU is a good team, but not an elite team compared to some of the best teams in the country. You just think they are b/c they are in teh BigLeast.

They beat the team that beat LSU. And why exactly is OU so good? You were that impressed w/ the 70-something they up on MeU? Like I said, stay tuned on SFU. I think any conference that goes 5-0 in bowl games is eligible to have some elite teams.

Right. The team that lost to Auburn, which is a devalued program.

That Auburn game was the greatest loss I have ever seen. I normally feel like **** when they lose, but when Matt Flynn threw that game losing TD pass on the last play, I sure was happy.

LSU lost to Kentucky, not Auburn.

That Auburn game was the greatest loss I have ever seen. I normally feel like **** when they lose, but when Matt Flynn threw that game losing TD pass on the last play, I sure was happy.

LSU lost to Kentucky, not Auburn.

I was referring to that top 10 juggernaut, Florida. These teams are all good, but to say USF or even a couple other Big East teams would get destroyed is sillyness.

They beat the team that beat LSU. And why exactly is OU so good? You were that impressed w/ the 70-something they up on MeU? Like I said, stay tuned on SFU. I think any conference that goes 5-0 in bowl games is eligible to have some elite teams.

They have the best redshirt fresh QB in the country, and one of the best coaches in CFB.

Do you watch them or just read the internet?

Archived