MADDEN 08 Comes out Tomorrow...

gangreenman

I think it will probably be late 2008/early 2009 before I can even think about getting a PS3.

i agree. there is no way i can justify dropping 400 bucks for a video game counsel. They just aren't that much better than the previous one, and i only play madden anymore...i'll wait for the good old price drop.

I'm getting it at 2:00 and I cant wait... First thing I'm doing is jumping online with the

J-E-T-S Jets-Jets-Jets!

Thomas Jones is gonna be my work-horse and Leon Washington will step in once I ware the D down. I'm gonna use L.Washington on alot of screen plays and draws.

On D, Im gonna use Vilma when I think the run is comming, use B.Thomas 2 blits from the outside, and K.Rhodes when I think the long ball or pass down the middle of the field is coming. D.Harris has some nice speed also.

I hope the 1st team I play is the Patriots. Oh yea... And if I ever play the Browns, I will make sure C.Barker gets his T.D

I'm getting it at 2:00 and I cant wait... First thing I'm doing is jumping online with the

J-E-T-S Jets-Jets-Jets!

Thomas Jones is gonna be my work-horse and Leon Washington will step in once I ware the D down. I'm gonna use L.Washington on alot of screen plays and draws.

On D, Im gonna use Vilma when I think the run is comming, use B.Thomas 2 blits from the outside, and K.Rhodes when I think the long ball or pass down the middle of the field is coming. D.Harris has some nice speed also.

I hope the 1st team I play is the Patriots. Oh yea... And if I ever play the Browns, I will make sure C.Barker gets his T.D

What will you do about Revis??

Does anyone know if the 360 has custom soundtracks?

If I have to listen to that ****ing garbage EA puts on the soundtrack, it will knock the game down about 2 points for me.

:crossfingers:

those songs are flippin awful. Not even close to respectable.

Give him a 5 year contract?

Fuggin EA...They already signed him to 5.

Anyway, just finished wooping the Pats in the week 1 game of my franchise...Gameplay's okay, the new specialty things are cool...Although i thought playing offense was significantly harder then las yrs version (defense was easier).

The franchise mode is pretty cool, and I like the front office mode where you can get an in depth look at player contracts and team finances and scout college players throughout the season....Although not really an owner mode like they promised.

So, if you have a new system and last yrs version and are deciding whether or not to bu 08...Go for it. If you have an old system and are debating...You may want to wait for some new significant upgrades in the game.

Oh, and once again...its radio announcing....Which i think is a bonus over Madden's annoying repetitive comments.

Fuggin EA...They already signed him to 5.

Anyway, just finished wooping the Pats in the week 1 game of my franchise...Gameplay's okay, the new specialty things are cool...Although i thought playing offense was significantly harder then las yrs version (defense was easier).

The franchise mode is pretty cool, and I like the front office mode where you can get an in depth look at player contracts and team finances and scout college players throughout the season....Although not really an owner mode like they promised.

So, if you have a new system and last yrs version and are deciding whether or not to bu 08...Go for it. If you have an old system and are debating...You may want to wait for some new significant upgrades in the game.

Oh, and once again...its radio announcing....Which i think is a bonus over Madden's annoying repetitive comments.

dude you just costed me 50 bucks. now i have to go out an buy it. thanks for the info.

Okay, everytime I play either Penny or TJ go down with an injury for at least a couple of drives and its starting to get me frusterated!!!:wild:

Go into the AI and turn the injuries down a couple clicks. I finally put my copy in at around 10:30 last night. I didn't even get around to playing a game. I started looking at all of the screw ups on the rosters and it pissed me off so I tinkered around with them for a little bit and just shut the damn thing off. They should release a roster update on the day of the game's release.

Go into the AI and turn the injuries down a couple clicks. I finally put my copy in at around 10:30 last night. I didn't even get around to playing a game. I started looking at all of the screw ups on the rosters and it pissed me off so I tinkered around with them for a little bit and just shut the damn thing off. They should release a roster update on the day of the game's release.

I thought injuries are just an on or off option... You can really 'turn down' injuries w/o completely turning them off?

I thought injuries are just an on or off option... You can really 'turn down' injuries w/o completely turning them off?

Yep, under your gameplay options you can select the AI and then find injuries and you can adjust them. I actually turned mine up on 07 because I didn't think enough players were getting hurt then it seemed Brady would get injured once or twice every freakin' game. :)

Yep, under your gameplay options you can select the AI and then find injuries and you can adjust them. I actually turned mine up on 07 because I didn't think enough players were getting hurt then it seemed Brady would get injured once or twice every freakin' game. :)

Thats whats happening to me with Chad and/or TJ every game this year...thanks man!

I fumble even when I use the cover up option. The game is good though. Kerry Rhodes is a MONSTER in that game, he averages 2 to 3 picks per game for me.

Vilma is my defensive beast...

As for fumbling, Leon seems to have a very hard time hanging on to the ball for some reason in the game...And Ive thrown waayyyy too many picks with Penny, maybe I should start off a little easier.

Oh, for those of you who have tried the "train for the game" option.... How in gods name do you pass the coverage challenge drill for DB's?? I tried it twice with Revis and Miller and i was lucky to get 100 points...

Archived