Sign in to follow this  
NIGHT STALKER

Without naming names...I can remember a certain Mets fan last season...

lol you can say the same for posada

Right...and 99% of all the pro atheltes in america. Of course if I was a riddiculous homer I would only point out the players that do it for rival teams...but I'm not.

and yet you touted david wright as the best 3rd basemen in NY when he hadn't even played in october at that point?

A-rod will go down as a legend (regardless of team), Wright will go down as a nice player on NY's stepchild team

No if Wright continues his career as it has gone he will go down as a great player. There is no debate about that.

Again, ARod is a alltime great but of the current NY players not named ARod I don't think you can find a player with a better start to his career. Wright's numbers speak for themself and NO Met fan has repeatedly bashed him the way ARod was last season.

No if Wright continues his career as it has gone he will go down as a great player. There is no debate about that.

Again, ARod is a alltime great but of the current NY players not named ARod I don't think you can find a player with a better start to his career. Wright's numbers speak for themself and NO Met fan has repeatedly bashed him the way ARod was last season.

That is correct, but being objective for just a second...if the Mets were to make the post season three or four times in a row and Wright did something along the lines of 2-45 would met fans not be saying the same thing? Hell, any fan of any team would.

That is correct, but being objective for just a second...if the Mets were to make the post season three or four times in a row and Wright did something along the lines of 2-45 would met fans not be saying the same thing? Hell, any fan of any team would.

Sure but you and I both know that ARod given some more post season AB's will put up some big numbers. Great players usually post their normal numbers in the post season. The ARod bashing was due more to some(not all) Yank fans and media types justifying their Jeter love IMO.

ARod's poor post season was their validation that their golden child was a better player. Plus too many always seem to need a scapegoat. ARod and Posada are now off the hook while Giambi appears to be 2007's target.

and yet you touted david wright as the best 3rd basemen in NY when he hadn't even played in october at that point?

A-rod will go down as a legend (regardless of team), Wright will go down as a nice player on NY's stepchild team

Blackout-If you want to be correct, and I am not sure that you do, the topic that was discussed at the time was "Which 3rd baseman in NY would you take on your team today". Nothing about being teh better player.

If I wanted to be more correct, that "great" team that you follow, they haven't won since what, you were in Middle School?

Blackout-If you want to be correct, and I am not sure that you do, the topic that was discussed at the time was "Which 3rd baseman in NY would you take on your team today". Nothing about being teh better player.

If I wanted to be more correct, that "great" team that you follow, they haven't won since what, you were in Middle School?

Ouch

Sure but you and I both know that ARod given some more post season AB's will put up some big numbers. Great players usually post their normal numbers in the post season. The ARod bashing was due more to some(not all) Yank fans and media types justifying their Jeter love IMO.

ARod's poor post season was their validation that their golden child was a better player. Plus too many always seem to need a scapegoat. ARod and Posada are now off the hook while Giambi appears to be 2007's target.

Right. EVENTUALLY he will. A player of A-Rods status/salary are put under a microscope in the biggest media market in sports. You go on an 0-40 stretch or whatever putrid numbers he had and you're going to hear it. It's not like the guy was struggling and hitting .250 with the occassional homer. He was an absolute NON FACTOR and any player in a big market is going to get ripped. Just a fact of life.

Don't know about this site but on other Jet sites it was Met fans coming to the aid of ARod while a rather large portion of Yankee fans were bashing him. ARod is simply the best player in the ML and will be the HR leader when he is done. As a New Yorker I say he belongs in NY but wouldn't be surprised if he leaves.

To Say "Wright will go down as a nice player" is irresponsible an assinine. Obviously we don't know what will happen tommorow or 10 years down the line. But Wright's been in the league for a little over 3 years. If he continues doing what he's been doing for the next 10 years, he's going to the Hall of Fame. He's only 25 and has a world of talent.