IGN reviews of Madden 08 are in

El Gringo Loco

I just finished my first game (I bought the 360 version based on reviews). My initial reaction is that this game is much better then the previous ones. I own 06 and 07 on the 360 as well.

The biggest complaint for me in years past were that the controls did not seem tight enough. This year they are greatly improved to the point where it is fun to play again.

The presentation is very well done and the things that others are complaining about (like nets behind the goal posts) just seem petty.

I love playing with the new roster. Having Revis on the team is great, to have a good corner opposite of Dyson is going to help the video game Jets a lot. In my only game so far against the Dolphins they both had a pair of INTs.

The offense seems to have all the right tools to be dominant.

Player Weapons: (These guys get speacial icons under them while playing)

Chad - Accurate

Coles - Hands, Speed, Possesion receiver

Cotch - Hands

Vilma - Brick Wall Defender

Ellis - Power Move

Our running backs even though not given any special icons are both very quick.

My first reaction is this is the best Madden to date. I'm going to start franchise mode now to see how that goes.

I just finished my first game (I bought the 360 version based on reviews). My initial reaction is that this game is much better then the previous ones. I own 06 and 07 on the 360 as well.

The biggest complaint for me in years past were that the controls did not seem tight enough. This year they are greatly improved to the point where it is fun to play again.

The presentation is very well done and the things that others are complaining about (like nets behind the goal posts) just seem petty.

I love playing with the new roster. Having Revis on the team is great, to have a good corner opposite of Dyson is going to help the video game Jets a lot. In my only game so far against the Dolphins they both had a pair of INTs.

The offense seems to have all the right tools to be dominant.

Player Weapons: (These guys get speacial icons under them while playing)

Chad - Accurate

Coles - Hands, Speed, Possesion receiver

Cotch - Hands

Vilma - Brick Wall Defender

Ellis - Power Move

Our running backs even though not given any special icons are both very quick.

My first reaction is this is the best Madden to date. I'm going to start franchise mode now to see how that goes.

TJ doesnt get any icons???

TJ doesnt get any icons???

Nope. No Icons for TJ. I have played 4 games now and he is very good though. I'm not sure which icon he would get anyway since he really isn't known to stand out in any one catagory.

Revis is a monster in the game. He has a INT in every game so far.

The game seems to favor the stars as they do seem to make more plays.

Archived