Revis Signed: MERGED

Ten

Jets reach six-year deal with first-round pick Revis

NFL.com

The New York Jets and cornerback Darrelle Revis have agreed to a six-year contract worth $36 million, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Revis, the 14th overall pick in the 2007 NFL Draft, will report to Jets training camp on Thursday.

The Jets expect Revis to compete for the starting job at right cornerback, a position Justin Miller, David Barrett, Hank Poteat and Drew Coleman all took turns at last season. He could also serve as the team's punt returner.

Revis was considered one of the best overall cornerbacks in the draft, and had an outstanding college career at the University of Pittsburgh, finishing with 129 tackles and eight interceptions.

With Revis signed, the only first-round holdout would be top overall pick JaMarcus Russell, the LSU quarterback selected by Oakland.

can't wait to see the details of this contract

No, no No. 24 on the practice field

Published: Wed, August 15, 6:51pm EST

By Randy Lange

Lange is editor-in-chief of newyorkjets.com. He covered the Jets for 13 years for The Record of Hackensack, N.J.

File Under: 24, Darrelle Revis, Brad Smith, Kellen Clemens, Ben Graham, Mike Devlin

change font email article 08/15

Ben Graham, not Mike Nugent, putting balls through those infamous narrow uprights. Graham was left-footing drop punts straight down the middle and over the crossbar from 40 yards for what would be goals in Australian Rules but would merely be touchbacks in the NFL.

If anyone knows what a drop punt is I will give you rep.

I bet the 6th year is stupid money, maybe $9 mill

I think the cap is due to go up that year, which is why the Revis camp wanted a huge 6th year.

so Carriker, the pick right before him gets 14.5 for 5 years, revis is getting 36 for 6 years, and Timmons at 15 signs for 15 million. Lets say if revis is slotted he gets 15 million for 5, that extra year is 21 million. The current franchise tag for a cb i heard is 9 million. What am i missing here, why wouldn't the jets do the 5 years and then franchise him? Obviously the franchise tag goes up substantially in 5 years, but does it go from 9 million to 21 million? I doubt it.

Isn't it something like they drop it and kick it so it goes end over end, and it allows the punt to be more pin-point, something like that?

The ball is allowed to make contact with the ground momentarily before being struck with the foot

Revis was considered one of the best overall cornerbacks in the draft, and had an outstanding college career at the University of Pittsburgh, finishing with 129 tackles and eight interceptions.

We could have got ONE OF the best CBs at 26. Revis had better be THE best.

First-rounder Revis signs with Jets

Associated Press

Posted: 28 minutes ago

The New York Jets signed first-round pick Darrelle Revis on Wednesday, ending the touted cornerback's lengthy holdout.

Revis, selected 14th overall after New York traded up to draft him, missed 22 practices - including Wednesday's single practice

Revis will win DROY..

Its now nice that he can at least BE INCLUDED in that discussion...WOOOHOOO....

...FINALLY, IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A JETS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and dont bother with Gainzo, he's just jealous because our secondary is now at least TWICE as good as the Patsie secondary....GO JETS!!!!

Archived