Movies you like that others may not know.

Thor99

I love finding good movies that weren't big box office hits. Here is a list of a couple that you should check out.

Eulogy-A pretty well-known cast, but I don't remember it being out in theaters. Definitely worth a look.

Rosewood- Ving Rhames and Don Cheadle make this a great flick.

Bubba Ho-Tep- Bruce Campbell as Elvis and Ossie Davis as JFK. I'm not kidding, this is an awesome movie.

Feast- This was the last installment of Project Greenlight. A really campy horror comedy. It has Henry Rollins, how can it go wrong?

Saved!- Another good comedy that flew under the radar. Mandy Moore is perfect in this, and Macaulay Culkin plays a roller skate.

Tigerland- One of Colin Farell's first roles, about going to basic training after being drafted.

Serenity- If you were a fan of Firefly, then you already know about this movie. Good action, good story.

The Machinist- Christian Bale lost a ton of weight for this role. Committing to this role makes Deniro's Raging Bull look like a sissy. Great movie with a great twist.

I (heart) Huckabees- This movie can't be explained with just one or two sentences. I definitely suggest you see this.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Machinist- Christian Bale lost a ton of weight for this role. Committing to this role makes Deniro's Raging Bull look like a sissy. Great movie with a great twist.

that is a great movie. I saw 'mean creek' a few years ago. I was impressed with it, it didn't blow my mind but it had a messed up ending.

does Magnolia count?...probably not...but still

High Tension - french film, scary stuff.

that is a great movie. I saw 'mean creek' a few years ago. I was impressed with it, it didn't blow my mind but it had a messed up ending.

does Magnolia count?...probably not...but still

High Tension - french film, scary stuff.

You liked Magnolia? To me, PTA seemed like he was trying way too hard.

I've never heard of Mean Creek, but I just looked it up, and I'm going to check it out. Thanks.

You liked Magnolia? To me, PTA seemed like he was trying way too hard.

I've never heard of Mean Creek, but I just looked it up, and I'm going to check it out. Thanks.

Yeah i liked magnolia, i coudl see where you would get that assesment of it though. I just liiked cruise in there, and have always like seymore hoffman.

Let me know what you think of mean creek, it will leave you with a strange feeling in your stomach afterwards. (similar to the feeling you might get after smizzy comes over for a surprise visit :bag:)

Donnie Darko

The Salton Sea

Dead Man

Stay

Ghost World

Ginger Snaps

I can't think without my DVD collection in front of me.. but that's off the top of my head.

On the Donnie Darko SE DVD there's a great commentary track with Kevin Smith. He could be funny at a funeral.

The Salton Sea was pretty good, but I'm a big Val Kilmer fan, I especially liked him in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

A guilty pleasure of mine is Event Horizon, which was sci-fi meets a touch of horror.

that movie was creepy.

did bp honestly just say a clock work orange??? who hasn't seen that, that movie is amazing. i still can't believe that got away with that rape scene back when it was made.

Donnie Darko

The Salton Sea

Dead Man

Stay

Ghost World

Ginger Snaps

I can't think without my DVD collection in front of me.. but that's off the top of my head.

Jarmusch's Dead Man is GREAT anybody ever see the one he did with Tom Waits Down By Law I think it was? Another black and white masterpiece. The Salton Sea I also liked-how about the one Kilmer played Johnny Wadd Holmes?

Two great movies I have to add onto the list (I won't include any Coen Brothers flix-too aminstream) but

Goin South directed by Jack Nicholson and The Man Who Would Be King with Michael Caine and Sean Connery...

a great line from Goin' South "I feel like eggs rolled in sand"

Pretty much any movie with Bruce Campbell is a good flick...Army of Darkness and Bubba Hotep are classics.

My other favorites include The Guyver, Serenity, Re-Animator, Lost Highway, Basketcase, The Crow, Phantasm, Donnie Darko, The Labyrinth, Hellraiser, Dune, M.A.R.K. 13, Bad Taste, and probably alot more I cannot think of right now.

Oh yeah, Lifeforce with Patrick Stewart

Serenity- If you were a fan of Firefly, then you already know about this movie. Good action, good story.

I saw this for the first time a few weeks ago and it's one of the best films I've seen in a long time.I'd really love to see a sequel,it could be as good as the star treks,battle star glatticas and even Star Wars.

Revenge with Kevin Costner and Anthony Quinn

never heard of that one BP- I'm one of the few people walking around that'll admit to being a big Costner fan-he has this moral compass that hardly ever misses...Ok Waterworld wasn't real good but hey...Revenge I gotta look for that one...A Perfrect World was great too-directed by Clint

I've probably said it a thousand times but...

HEAD.jpg

Don't be fooled by their regular kiddie tv series. This movie is completely different.

You should be banned for 30 days for posting that tripod image, oh the humanity!

never heard of that one BP- I'm one of the few people walking around that'll admit to being a big Costner fan-he has this moral compass that hardly ever misses...Ok Waterworld wasn't real good but hey...Revenge I gotta look for that one...A Perfrect World was great too-directed by Clint

That's a good movie, waterworld sucked!

I just watched Thunderbolt and Lightfoot with Clint Eastwood and Jeff Bridges last night, another great movie.

The 25th Hour

The Usual Suspects

Moonlight Mile

Gia (Angelina Jolie in a lesbian scene.. very nice)

Harold and Maude

Havoc

Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind

Buffalo 66

Little Children

Pan's Labrinth

Labrinth

The Dark Crystal

I'm sure you've heard of some of these. But some of you may have not. Check them out either way. :)

duel.jpg

I knew I liked you.

Duel is ****ing awesome. Great,intense flick

Id also add

Night Watch - Ewan McGregor & Nick Nolte

Death & the Maiden

The Hole - Sick movie where this chick locks herself and some friends in a hole to get close to a boy. She lets them starve to death and kill eachother. twisted.

Frailty

In The Mouth of Madness

Wonderland

Ill add more later

Domino

Amazing director, same guy who did Man on Fire which is another amazing movie.

Plus, Keira

essdominokeirage7.jpg

Labrinth is a freaky movie. David Bowie has some nice songs though, for such a freaky movie.

bowiepi1.jpg

Yes bowie, sing your little freak heart out

Archived