John Clayton on Lamont/Raiders

The Troll

I really think Henry will wind up in Arizona even though now it seems that the deal is far from complete (or so says my friend). I really think miami is set in for the draft so I can really only see the raiders and the bucs making a run. Unless woodson is traded that leaves the bucs as the only ones able to sign him. profootballweekly.com has in their whisper section that jordan's named is being tossed around down in Buckland. (what book is that from?) Yet they have decent money tied up in garner. Do they have cap room to pay big bucks to two backs?

Could there be a possible Jordan for Woodson swap in the makings?

It would never happen but... damn maybe it could happen. Unlikely but Davis ahs done some crazy stuff before, and they need to unload that contract. We'd probably have to throw in more (cowart and a 2nd maybe?) but i could see it getting done if we agreed on a contract.

It would never happen but... damn maybe it could happen. Unlikely but Davis ahs done some crazy stuff before, and they need to unload that contract. We'd probably have to throw in more (cowart and a 2nd maybe?) but i could see it getting done if we agreed on a contract.

Exactly. We re-sign Jordan and he and the Jets both know that he is going to be shipped to Oakland, to start, for Charles Woodson. We could also include Sam Cowart in the deal and if they wanted a corner instead of LB, Donnie Abraham anybody?

Right now Woodson signing this tag has created a stand still in the raider FO. they have no money to do anything untill they unlaod this contract,if they even can. They want lamont,it would be a win ,win for them * It will never happen but i think Al davis would be in his glory if he could land the FA RB he wants/needs and unload the contarct he needs to do in the same deal.

But we have no rights to Lamont.

Even if this trade WERE possible (it isn't, as Smizzy pointed out), I would not do it.

Woodson is over-rated and carries a price tag that is way more than his worth. No way I'd give them a franchise running back for a corner that's not even better than Fred Smoot, who we don't have to give up a player for.

yeah id rather have smoot... but i think woodson will still be a hell of a corner but he'll never be mentioned as one of the top 2 or 3 corners again. If he demands too much money i wouldn't sign him, but for a 15 mill signing bonus spread out over 6 yrs or so? if he'd agree to those terms id be happy.

I actually agree with your opinion on this subject.

It's the avatar that destroys your credibility.

:lol: I see you're fitting in nicely, 4ever. :lol:

I don't think Woodson's all that either. The Steelers played the Raiders and Redskins this year and Ward and Plax had their way with Woodson while Smoot held his own.

Archived