Who's in First

LionelRichie

That's right, the Washington Nationals have moved ahead of the Marlins and Braves and taken sole posession of First.

I believe the team has a payroll of 47M, which is less than the Yankees pay ARod, Jeter, and Kevin Brown. They do it playing good fundamentally sound baseball and doing the little things. all the things the yankees used to do.

i try to get to at least a game a homestand, and i can tell you this team has average talent at best, but they never quit in any game and always seem to find a way to win the 1 and 2 run games. frank robinson is the most underrated manager in the game today.

Nationals are a good story- with all the obstacles they have had to overcome- with salary constraints and not having a private owner.

Hernandez is a workhorse at top of the rotation.

Made some good free agent pickups by Bowden in Guillen and Castilla to bolster the offense. Nick Johnson is good hitter at first.

Nationals are a good story- with all the obstacles they have had to overcome- with salary constraints and not having a private owner.

Hernandez is a workhorse at top of the rotation.

Made some good free agent pickups by Bowden in Guillen and Castilla to bolster the offense. Nick Johnson is good hitter at first.

Hernandez is rediculous, he threw around 150 pitches the other night.

what will be interesting is seeing what the team will be able to do around the trade deadline. they are still 3M under the budget for salary, and i think the revenue #'s are going to be higher based on increased attendance. it is a sham that MLB has control over the moves this team can make. with all of the injuries they have suffered they are really only a couple of pieces away from being competitve through september and having a real shot at the NLe.

slightly off-topic - going to a game in DC is nothing like established teams. it is more of a social event than a baseball game, especially weekends. fans really don't know when to cheer or really even pay all that much attention to the game. especially in the upper deck. it's still great to have baseball back in DC, can't wait for the new park it's supposed to be amazing.

The D-Train and the Marlins will still win the NL with ease come playoff time. Pitching wins championships. Remember that.

Well then the Mets should clearly be the favorites. Pedro Martinez is the best pitcher in the division at the moment, and Kris Benson is not far behind. Willis has had his time, but he's been smacked around lately. Beckett is still the ace of the team, but he tends to lose his focus.

Archived