Jets want Houston back...

gangreenman

LATEST DEVELOPMENT....

Well, it seems as if the TJ injury may be more serious then the Jets are admitting after all, which is probably why the team is going after Houston again. According to Adam Schein of SNY, Jones suffered an achilles strain about a week prior to his calf injury and his favoring of his achilles is what lead to the calf strain. Although both TJ and the Jets expect to see Jones on the field for week 1 against the Patsies, both injuries are the type that can linger for at least a season and can affect endurance and play quality...

If this is true, then this leaves me to believe that Thomas Jones' injury is a bit more serious than originally thought to be.

If Jones' injury is serious they'd bette be looking for more help than Cedric Houston. He wasn' t the answer in '06 and he won't be the answer in '07. Nice depth is all.

This sounds like a complete 180 deghree turn for this guy. I know I'm the chemical dude but there could be a lot of body chemical reasons for this out of character behavior. Depression comes to mind first but there could be others including bipolar. I'm certainly not implying anything..... just sayin.

We talked about this when he left, but he was diagnosed with a thyroid condition in college. I have no idea what medication he is on or how it might change his outlook, but if you're going to speculate...

If Jones' injury is serious they'd bette be looking for more help than Cedric Houston. He wasn' t the answer in '06 and he won't be the answer in '07. Nice depth is all.

We talked about this when he left, but he was diagnosed with a thyroid condition in college. I have no idea what medication he is on or how it might change his outlook, but if you're going to speculate...

FWIW....Just spoke to a doc I work for and asked him if he had ever seen a case of depression come from taking synthroid (obviously I don't know if this is what he's taking but it is the most commonly prescribed med for thyroid conditions) and he said he's never seen or heard of it causing depression.

FWIW....Just spoke to a doc I work for and asked him if he had ever seen a case of depression come from taking synthroid (obviously I don't know if this is what he's taking but it is the most commonly prescribed med for thyroid conditions) and he said he's never seen or heard of it causing depression.

Interesting about the steroids for the thyroid problem. I wonder if you could be banned for that even though it's prescribed? Thanks AFJF

Interesting about the steroids for the thyroid problem. I wonder if you could be banned for that even though it's prescribed? Thanks AFJF

Synthroid is a steroid? News to me. I thought the brand name Synthroid just sounds like the word steroid. Steroid generic names have the suffix "-one" at the end of their name (cortisone, prednisone, etc). Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is a synthetic hormone.

Okay, all together now...the famous Bill Parcells quote.

"If you're thinking about retirement, you've already retired."

I don't want some guy who is not all there on the playing field.

There you go- if your heart and desire is not into it how can you expect a good performance.

Archived