0-20

Jetsfan80

You've probably heard about this all too much, Yankee fans, but for those who don't know, this is the Yankees record this season when they score 3 runs or less in a game, worst in the majors. Ironically, the Kansas City Royals, who have the 2nd worst record when scoring 3 runs or less, won their only game over those very Yankees.

Clearly, this Yankee pitching staff is not the dominant force it was supposed to be. Sure, it's easy to say the hitting has been awful and that's the main reason for this horrid mark. But that would take away from the fact that the Yankee pitching, led by a 41 year old who has suddenly lost 5 MPH on his fastball, just hasn't performed up to par.

It should be fun to see how long this stretch continues. Have a nice, long summer, Yankee fans. =D>

You've probably heard about this all too much, Yankee fans, but for those who don't know, this is the Yankees record this season when they score 3 runs or less in a game, worst in the majors. Ironically, the Kansas City Royals, who have the 2nd worst record when scoring 3 runs or less, won their only game over those very Yankees.

Clearly, this Yankee pitching staff is not the dominant force it was supposed to be. Sure, it's easy to say the hitting has been awful and that's the main reason for this horrid mark. But that would take away from the fact that the Yankee pitching, led by a 41 year old who has suddenly lost 5 MPH on his fastball, just hasn't performed up to par.

It should be fun to see how long this stretch continues. Have a nice, long summer, Yankee fans. =D>

Dont worry...the Yanks will turn it around. Its only April after all. Errr...uhhhhh...DOH!!!

Well, everything will be OK once we get Randy Johnson from the D-backs! DOH!!!!!!!!!

0-22

bwa-hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!!!

I know this is your gimmick, 80, but its so damn good...puh-leeze, can I have this job for the rest of the summer?

I'll pay you for the rights to it like Renteria had to pay David Wells for the #3 jersey!

80, don't fret, it's not 20 YEARS since the Mess won a WC, it's only 19 YEARS

It will be 20 YEARS next year for the Mess =D>

I see a meaningless blowout over the hapless Brewers brought you back to life, JonE. Think your $208 million heartless losers will manage to get back to .500 tomorrow?

I see a meaningless blowout over the hapless Brewers brought you back to life, JonE. Think your $208 million heartless losers will manage to get back to .500 tomorrow?

Tough loss tonite, don't cry.

You had better thank your lucky stars you get one good year out of Pedro.....the other 3 guaranteed, ain"t no guarantee =D>

Tough loss tonite, don't cry.

You had better thank your lucky stars you get one good year out of Pedro.....the other 3 guaranteed, ain"t no guarantee =D>

Yo JonE, I'll worry about Pedro when he stops pitching like a Cy Young candidate.

Your team is 29-30, 6 games out and you're talking sh*t about the Mets? Yeah, that makes sense.

Yo JonE, I'll worry about Pedro when he stops pitching like a Cy Young candidate.

Your team is 29-30, 6 games out and you're talking Sh#t about the Mets? Yeah, that makes sense.

why did you keep ducking the A-rod thread when I bossed you on Miguel Tejada's defense?

blackout, I still have no idea what thread you are talking about.

Can we say attention whore?

here it is, please respond without changing the subject:

what games are you watching? 24 errors last year is supperior?

comparing him to the other elite/popular shortstops in baseball:

2004 fielding percentages and errors for SS:

renteria - .983/11

jeter - .981/13

cabrera - .978/15

guillen - .974/17

young - .972/19

tejada - .971/24

unless your comparing Tejada to Jose Reyes (.957%), he's not defensively supperior for his position

OMf'nG...blackout, are you seriously still trying to compare Jeter to Tejada with the intention of saying Jetes is better??? If I were you and I said that with a straight face, I'd never EVER bring it up again and I'd deny that I ever said it.

Let it go already! Just in case there are one or two baseball forum regulars that didnt hear you say that! There is NOBODY that knows a damn thing about baseball that would rather have Jetes on their team than Tejada, especially at this point in time.

I dont care if youre talking defense or not...Tejada is a an excellent power-hitter, he rips balls to every part of the field, he is clutch as hell, he kills fastballs and change-ups alike, and he is WIDELY considered one of the scariest hitters in baseball. He is a guy you build a dynasty around, which Oakland should (and could) have done. Jeter is a nice piece to a puzzle in NY, nothing more. He is so overrated it isnt even funny.

He is also widely considered one of the best defensive PLAYERS, let alone shortstops, in the AL. He isnt afraid to stare down a charging baserunner and turn a DP or 2 or 3 PER GAME and MT has such a cannon for an arm that he can throw out a runner from shallow LF. Plus, he isnt even 30 yet!!!

Jetes' best years are behind him...Miggy's are yet to come.

I'd take Tejada on my team WITH Jeter's yearly $19 million salary. I would NOT take Jeter on my team making Tejada's salary ($11 million)

OMf'nG...blackout, are you seriously still trying to compare Jeter to Tejada with the intention of saying Jetes is better???

I dont know where the **** you got that idea from, because I dont recall saying anything about Jeter being better; nor do I recall ever even making a statement about Jeter at all in that thread, with the exception of comparing Tejada's defense to 5 other Short Stops in baseball (jeter happening to be one of them)

dont jump to conclusions pal

Then WTF are you begging people to respond to, dude? Do you even know yourself? I have had an easier time deciphering "Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained" in my insufferably boring English Lit class.

Ya know what...forget whatever you are talking about. Either admit Miguel Tejada is the best player in the AL AND say youre sorry for defaming him in any way OR stop posting on this thread

Then WTF are you begging people to respond to, dude? Do you even know yourself? I have had an easier time deciphering "Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained" in my insufferably boring English Lit class.

Ya know what...forget whatever you are talking about. Either admit Miguel Tejada is the best player in the AL AND say youre sorry for defaming him in any way OR stop posting on this thread

fielding % is one of the worst statistics in baseball. fielding % does not correlate to defensive value on the field.

I think most of us would just like for you to disappear

Unreal, a smack talking fan of a team in LAST place

What a pathetic tool :roll:

If the D-Rays increased their payroll by about $10 million, they'd probably push the Yanks into the cellar, so I wouldn't be talking, pussy.

If the D-Rays increased their payroll by about $10 million, they'd probably push the Yanks into the cellar, so I wouldn't be talking, pu$$y.

Now you calling me a pussy?

This after calling me out on a bet, and you running like the gash you are.

Pussy....you are!!

Now you calling me a pu$$y?

This after calling me out on a bet, and you running like the gash you are.

pu$$y....you are!!

Like I said, I would be glad to make the signature bet if it included the Yankees, as it was supposed to originally. Apparantly, after the Yankees slide, you were unwilling to continue with said bet, so I would have to say you are the pussy.

That, and you never show up except when the Yankees win. Just a side note to think about.

Archived