L.J. Smith

K

Jeff Wilkins

Josh Scobee

Def

Baltimore

Miami

Would you go to war with this team ?

I wouldn't go to Wal-mart with that team.

Manning I think is going to regress, your running backs are borderline. How healthy are Maroney and White? How many carries is Barber going to get? Your receivers should do well.

How will Adalius Thomas leaving Baltimore impact that defense?

I'm going to go with a B-.. a lot of ?s to be answered.

I wouldn't go to Wal-mart with that team.

Manning I think is going to regress, your running backs are borderline. How healthy are Maroney and White? How many carries is Barber going to get? Your receivers should do well.

How will Adalius Thomas leaving Baltimore impact that defense?

I'm going to go with a B-.. a lot of ?s to be answered.

Not even Wal-mart ?

Wow!!

7 views, and no posts.

:(

I like your receivers and that fact that you have young RB's. a lot of people go with aging dudes, taht split time. at least you have full time backs. Maroney may be injury proned, and Lendale...well he's on the way out of the league.

Balt's defense will always be good, and you can count on them to score for you. I think Manning will actually have the same year as he did last year (but not like the year before that).

i think you have a good squad.

I like your receivers and that fact that you have young RB's. a lot of people go with aging dudes, taht split time. at least you have full time backs. Maroney may be injury proned, and Lendale...well he's on the way out of the league.

Balt's defense will always be good, and you can count on them to score for you. I think Manning will actually have the same year as he did last year (but not like the year before that).

i think you have a good squad.

Thanks you !!

I wouldn't go to Dollar General with those running backs.

If it's a points per completion league, Manning should be able to carry you. You have really good receivers, but your lack of RBs will kill you unless Manning has another 2004.

I think u have a good team, great QB and great WR's.. unlike alot of people I think moroney will have a good season. just think about it. everyone will be so worried about there recieving core that they'll have 4 db's on the field all the time. so I think he'll do very well this year. as far as ur other 2 back I'm a little weary. just be sure to check the waiver wire and always look for a back thats going to be starting. Moroncey (dunno how u spell it) in green bay might be there every down back.. chris brown in TN could take the job from white.

Overall I think u've gotta pretty good team.

QB

Peyton Manning

Jeff Garcia

RB

Laurence Maroney

Marion Barber

LenDale White

WR

Lee Evans

Reggie Wayne

Laveranues Coles

Derrick Mason

Sinorice Moss

Mark Bradley

TE

Chris Cooley

L.J. Smith

K

Jeff Wilkins

Josh Scobee

Def

Baltimore

Miami

Would you go to war with this team ?

Looks like a solid squad if Maroney stays healthy; he could end up with 2000 total yards & 12-15 TD's or play 8 games & we watch Kevin Faulk & Sammy Morris split carries for 8-9 games. Barber is the better back in Dallas & certainly gets plenty of goal-line touches. Manning should have a better season than last year: Addai is a much better receiver than Rhodes & he'll be on the field a lot more this year. Plus now they have a #3 WR with #1 WR talent in Gonzalez. Baltimore will not suddenly suck without Thomas; that's absurd. Ngata the beast is entering his 2nd year. You can NOT run on that team. Evans has an awful schedule, but he's the type of player that it doesn't matter; he's always 1 play away from 60 yds and a TD.

Don't let people here get you down. Where did you pick in the draft & how many teams are there? If it's a 12-man league, this squad should get you into the playoffs if you can avoid injuries. A 10-man league maybe not as other teams will be plenty stacked.

Looks like a solid squad if Maroney stays healthy; he could end up with 2000 total yards & 12-15 TD's or play 8 games & we watch Kevin Faulk & Sammy Morris split carries for 8-9 games. Barber is the better back in Dallas & certainly gets plenty of goal-line touches. Manning should have a better season than last year: Addai is a much better receiver than Rhodes & he'll be on the field a lot more this year. Plus now they have a #3 WR with #1 WR talent in Gonzalez. Baltimore will not suddenly suck without Thomas; that's absurd. Ngata the beast is entering his 2nd year. You can NOT run on that team. Evans has an awful schedule, but he's the type of player that it doesn't matter; he's always 1 play away from 60 yds and a TD.

Don't let people here get you down. Where did you pick in the draft & how many teams are there? If it's a 12-man league, this squad should get you into the playoffs if you can avoid injuries. A 10-man league maybe not as other teams will be plenty stacked.

Yeah, it was a 12 man league. I had the 5th pick, and something just told me to take Manning over Alexander. I like Barber tho, each TD counts as 6 points and he will get a lot of TD's. I honestly think my team is fine.

Oh. Honestly I thought you had like the 10th pick or something.

There are plenty of good QB's. 1 starts on every NFL team. Everyone needs 1 starter.

There aren't plenty of good RB's. 1 starts on (most) NFL teams. Everyone needs 2 starters.

The drop-off from Alexander to a 3rd-4th round RB is way more than the drop-off is from Manning to a 3rd round QB. Depending on your point-system, say Alexander is an 18ppg RB. A guy you get in round 3 (barring surprises) gets 10-11ppg. That's a 7-8 point dropoff at RB. Manning is a 22ppg QB; a QB you can probably grab in round FIVE (maybe even later) like Kitna should net 19ppg. McNabb might be around that late & at least for the first half of the season should be at least as productive as Manning (if not more). In my league last year, Bulger went in round 5 & Drew Brees went in round 10. Most weeks there is little difference between Manning & any of a dozen others.

In a 12-man league, picking a QB - any QB - in round 1 is really risky. There's just a much bigger dropoff in points per game from the RB position simply as a function of supply & demand.

The way I look at it? Say it's round 3 or 4 & I don't really like any of the RB's available. I'm going to like them a lot less a few rounds later. You really don't have any depth at RB. An injury to one combined with a bye week for another of your players & you've got no one to insert at RB. With the way White has looked, you may not have a bye week player anyway.

Taking a shot on another RB (Brandon Jackson, Chris Brown, or even Mike Bell) instead of a Mark Bradley or a backup kicker (total waste of a roster spot) or backup TE (also a waste with Cooley) would have served you better. I don't think you're going to be able to trade one of them for a RB you could have had in the middle rounds once the season starts.

But it's not as bad as some have made you feel. You're just going to need some major luck in avoiding injuries at RB, combined with Barber repeating his massive TD total since he doesn't get gobs of yards. If Jones is the one to get injured in Dallas (hardly far-fetched), you're in phenomenal shape.

Good luck.

I think u have a good team, great QB and great WR's.. unlike alot of people I think moroney will have a good season. just think about it. everyone will be so worried about there recieving core that they'll have 4 db's on the field all the time. so I think he'll do very well this year. as far as ur other 2 back I'm a little weary. just be sure to check the waiver wire and always look for a back thats going to be starting. Moroncey (dunno how u spell it) in green bay might be there every down back.. chris brown in TN could take the job from white.

Overall I think u've gotta pretty good team.

Isn't Morency in GB hurt? Some FF guys have been chatting up Brandon Jackson because of the injury.

Oh. Honestly I thought you had like the 10th pick or something.

There are plenty of good QB's. 1 starts on every NFL team. Everyone needs 1 starter.

There aren't plenty of good RB's. 1 starts on (most) NFL teams. Everyone needs 2 starters.

The drop-off from Alexander to a 3rd-4th round RB is way more than the drop-off is from Manning to a 3rd round QB. Depending on your point-system, say Alexander is an 18ppg RB. A guy you get in round 3 (barring surprises) gets 10-11ppg. That's a 7-8 point dropoff at RB. Manning is a 22ppg QB; a QB you can probably grab in round FIVE (maybe even later) like Kitna should net 19ppg. McNabb might be around that late & at least for the first half of the season should be at least as productive as Manning (if not more). In my league last year, Bulger went in round 5 & Drew Brees went in round 10. Most weeks there is little difference between Manning & any of a dozen others.

In a 12-man league, picking a QB - any QB - in round 1 is really risky. There's just a much bigger dropoff in points per game from the RB position simply as a function of supply & demand.

The way I look at it? Say it's round 3 or 4 & I don't really like any of the RB's available. I'm going to like them a lot less a few rounds later. You really don't have any depth at RB. An injury to one combined with a bye week for another of your players & you've got no one to insert at RB. With the way White has looked, you may not have a bye week player anyway.

Taking a shot on another RB (Brandon Jackson, Chris Brown, or even Mike Bell) instead of a Mark Bradley or a backup kicker (total waste of a roster spot) or backup TE (also a waste with Cooley) would have served you better. I don't think you're going to be able to trade one of them for a RB you could have had in the middle rounds once the season starts.

But it's not as bad as some have made you feel. You're just going to need some major luck in avoiding injuries at RB, combined with Barber repeating his massive TD total since he doesn't get gobs of yards. If Jones is the one to get injured in Dallas (hardly far-fetched), you're in phenomenal shape.

Good luck.

Your preety good at this stuff, lol.

Anyways, thanks a lot.

Archived