Enough of Pussina

Bugg

I gotta wake up in Belfast to THIS? Ian Kennedy,to hell with arbitration eligibility and 40-man rosters, now today, enough! Put girly man Mussina on the DL with his bruised private part and be done with it. Remember-this guy basically had a lead in game 2 of the Tiggers series, and blew it. Spare his relief work in 2003 ALCS game 7, he pretty much has been mediocre at best.

I gotta wake up in Belfast to THIS? Ian Kennedy,to hell with arbitration eligibility and 40-man rosters, now today, enough! Put girly man Mussina on the DL with his bruised private part and be done with it. Remember-this guy basically had a lead in game 2 of the Tiggers series, and blew it. Spare his relief work in 2003 ALCS game 7, he pretty much has been mediocre at best.

Easily Cashmans worst off-season move IMO. That much money for a washed up pitcher and a two year deal at that.

Mussina is at the point I think we when he takes to mound the rest of the guys around are going Oh Oh.

I turned it off last night at 4-1. The game was probably over when walked the first two batters of the game. You just knew he didn't have it again.

If he is in the rotation for the post season (Provided they make it) I am going to be really annoyed. If he is here next year I am going to be really annoyed.

I really, really hope that Mussina is gone and not here in 2008. If he starts a game in the postseason (that is if the Yankees make the postseason, which I still believe they will), its going to be one scary sight.

I found these numbers on another board. Mussina vs. Bos, LAA and Det-

24.2 IP - 40 H - 28 R - 27 ER - 10 BB - 12 K - 10.04 ERA - 2.06 WHIP

He is a small game pitcher.

That is very scary. You know that the Yankees will not be facing the Royals or Rangers in the post-season. I agree with a previous poster. Moose to the pen for the post-season. Personally, i would not have him on the active roster for the post-season. Hopefully, that ticks him off enough to demand to be traded somewhere. I believe he would agree to the Phils, as they are relatively near his home.

Maybe they should trade him to their AAA team in Scranton/Wilkes Barrie. That is close enough to "home" for Moose.

Yet, I understand the Yankees need for signing him last year. He was a solid pitcher in 2006, although he did slip the latter portion of the season. And Cashman read the FA market correctly. 4 and 5 year deals for mediocre pitchers. So a 2 year deal for Moose was the much better option. Especially if the Yankees did not know about Petitte at that time, or Clemens. Or Igawa/D.Mat.

He really has nothing left, he is nothing more than a soft tossing nibbler, maybe he can be a productive 5 inning pitcher in the NL with that but it just wont fly anymore in the AL. Thing with Mussina is just when you are about to write him totally off he pitches a good game like he did two weeks ago in Cleveland to take the heat off him. But he is really done.The next time he throws a pitch on the inner half of the plate will be the first time in a long while.

If Kennedy cannot beat out Moose next ST than maybe he isnt all that to write him about either.

The Yankees were beginning to scare me over the $50+ in bets I have invested on that the Mets will finish with a better record. At least the Skanks have god young players coming up for all y'all now, maybe the Angels won't be able to **** all over the Yankees like they have been.

Archived