Jerome Bettis

Smizzy

Steelers | Bettis thinks Cowher helped run Stewart out of town

Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:00:10 -0700

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports former NFL RB Jerome Bettis said in his new book that he believes former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher helped Steelers' management run former NFL QB Kordell Stewart out of town because he was due a big contract after his Pro Bowl season in 2001. "You bench your Pro Bowl quarterback for a guy who had been out of football for years, who hadn't started an NFL game in 10 seasons? That just doesn't happen by accident. I think they pulled Kordell partly because they didn't want to pay him a big salary and signing bonus. It was cheaper for them if he didn't have success. If he recovered and had a huge year, then the public sentiment would be, 'Hey, you've got to re-sign him for whatever it costs.' I'm telling you, it was a monetary decision. The Steelers had no interest in paying Kordell his market value," Bettis said in his book.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steelers | Bettis says team tried to cut him in 2000

Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:43:40 -0700

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports former NFL RB Jerome Bettis said in his new book that the Pittsburgh Steelers wanted to release him in the summer of 2000 because they wanted to give the starting job to another running back. Bettis said he faked the timing of an injury so the team could not cut him. "The thing is, I wasn't faking that I had an injury. I was just faking that the injury happened on that short-yardage play. I had to fool the coaches and the team's medical department into thinking the injury had occurred on that play. Otherwise, the Steelers would have had their reason to cut me and my salary," Bettis wrote in his book.

Bettis... You had a HOF Career, why talk? Why not just stay humble? "What happens in Vegas... Stays in Vegas" And that goes for the Locker room also if you ask me. No need to throw B.Cowher under the bus, that mas was nothing but loyal to you as a head coach... Remember the superbowl when he made sure you got your TD?

I swear....

Why do these guys have to stir up more controversey after leaving football- I guess ask Tiki Barber.

The paychecks have stopped coming and the camera;s have stopped rolling. The fame is dwindling away and they will do anything to keep the spotlight on themselves for 15 more minutes.

Jerome Bettis is a fat piece of ****.

Yes he is.

Remember his fumble against the Colts in the playoffs two years ago? If that idiot Nick Harper (I think it was him) ran down the sidelines instead of cutting back into the middle of the field the Steelers would have lost and Jerome "Fat-Ass" Bettis would never have won a Super Bowl.

He played in 13 playoff games and cracked 100 yards 3 times. Here are his post season rushing stats:

199 carries for 674 yards

He averaged a whopping 3.3 yards per carry.

Yes he is.

Remember his fumble against the Colts in the playoffs two years ago? If that idiot Nick Harper (I think it was him) ran down the sidelines instead of cutting back into the middle of the field the Steelers would have lost and Jerome "Fat-Ass" Bettis would never have won a Super Bowl.

He played in 13 playoff games and cracked 100 yards 3 times. Here are his post season rushing stats:

His regular season stats aren't much prettier.

And people call Curtis a compiler. Bettis must be some sort of a Greek God of Compiling.

Hall of Famer my ass.

His regular season stats aren't much prettier.

And people call Curtis a compiler. Bettis must be some sort of a Greek God of Compiling.

Hall of Famer my ass.

In 13 seasons he averaged over 4 yards per carry 4 times. In the other 9 seasons he was in the mid 3's.

If Bettis gets in the Hall of Fame I will drive to Canton and heckle him the entire time. Joe Klecko & Andre Tippett are much more deserving.

Yes he is.

Nick Harper was fresh off of a stab wound to the leg by his crazy ass wife.

Blame the bitch.

Does anybody remember the rumors about Kordell Stewart getting found blowing a guy in a night club parking lot?

It wasn't a night club it was a retail store.

I mean, no. I never heard such a rumor. Where do people come up with this stuff? :confused:

In 13 seasons he averaged over 4 yards per carry 4 times. In the other 9 seasons he was in the mid 3's.

If Bettis gets in the Hall of Fame I will drive to Canton and heckle him the entire time. Joe Klecko & Andre Tippett are much more deserving.

Dude, you sound exactly like me. I have made this exact same argument against Bettis countless times.

If Jerome Bettis is a Hall of Famer, about 20 running backs from the last 15 years that won't make it to Canton deserve to.

It wasn't a night club it was a retail store.

I mean, no. I never heard such a rumor. Where do people come up with this stuff? :confused:

Don't be embarrassed Max. It takes a brave man like yourself to admit to doing something like this. Smizzy must be jealous though.

Steelers | Bettis thinks Cowher helped run Stewart out of town

Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:00:10 -0700

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports former NFL RB Jerome Bettis said in his new book that he believes former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher helped Steelers' management run former NFL QB Kordell Stewart out of town because he was due a big contract after his Pro Bowl season in 2001. "You bench your Pro Bowl quarterback for a guy who had been out of football for years, who hadn't started an NFL game in 10 seasons? That just doesn't happen by accident. I think they pulled Kordell partly because they didn't want to pay him a big salary and signing bonus. It was cheaper for them if he didn't have success. If he recovered and had a huge year, then the public sentiment would be, 'Hey, you've got to re-sign him for whatever it costs.' I'm telling you, it was a monetary decision. The Steelers had no interest in paying Kordell his market value," Bettis said in his book.

WHAT??? No claim of racism??? I am shocked! Oh, Jerome. if Kordell was so good, why did he only play 4 more seasons (20 total games! and last 2 seasons didnt throw a pass....)????? If he was good and worth a big contract, wouldnt a team with real QB issues sign him?? Face it, he sucked.

Dude, you sound exactly like me. I have made this exact same argument against Bettis countless times.

If Jerome Bettis is a Hall of Famer, about 20 running backs from the last 15 years that won't make it to Canton deserve to.

Exactly.

Unfortunately I think he will make the HOF. The media loves the guy and they vote.

because he looks like a muppet.

plus he's a non-threatening black man. Whitey like that.

That's why OJ was well-liked, until he betrayed his non-threatening demeanor.

I think people like non-threatening people, regardless of race, though.

Archived