Pete Kendall Traded: MERGED

SoFlaJets

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's sorta like your community pool being out of commision while they dig a bigger hole for a better pool JC-may suck for a while but it'll be better for years to come

So its okay for them to keep charging you for the pool while its out of commission?

Or they shouldnt charge you since it isnt in the same condition?

I just want to be clear that the same principle will apply to both sides.

Well most here are getting their wish with Kendall being traded. In my opinion this is a huge mistake for a variety of reasons. This will greatly impact the running and passing game as neither Bender or Clarke are ready to be starters at this point. Sure you can throw them to the fire but I would rather go with the proven veteran guy who can get it done. He was also a team leader (voted captain by teammates) who can continue to help the O line ON the field during battle. Sure you cannot set precedent with all of this contract crap but who knows what was said behind closed doors and with the inmaturity the Jets handled this situation I am taking Pete's side.

I hope I am wrong but this puts a huge dent in the offensive line...god forbid this trade is within the same division

And Pete Kendall acted anymore mature??? Give me a break.

as soon as we find out what we got for his goldbricking ass and never mention his name again aroud here?

LOL sounds like a great idea. Let's supress what the people want to talk about.

What are we WFAN? Okay guys we are talking Knicks at the top of the show. Then we will talk Mets followed by Yankees.

:P

POTW my ass. If knew they could do it without him then why didn't they deal him sooner? Spite is not a rational basis for FO moves. Either pay him, deal him or cut him, but don't hang him out there like a bunch of self-righteous douchebags and act all bothered when he complains.

Again, you're acting as if Kendall's **** didn't stink throughout all of this. Clearly the reason the Jets held on to him was to get a good deal for him. They ended up getting a 4th round pick from a team not in the division. That's beyond aNYTHING I could have dreamed of.

Totally agree. It's interesting that the guys who think the FO effed up here are more than willing to say that kendall has also acted like a d1ck. But the guys who support the FO put it all on kendall and refuse to believe that the mighty tangini might just be as spiteful and vindictive as #66.

It takes two parties to create a feud.

JC- I've said all along, both sides have not acted maturely and could have handled the situation better. But that doesn't mean the Jets need to cave and give a washed up guard an extra million dollars. He's not worth it. Mangini feels he has decent options as a replacement, and we were able to get great compensation for dealing Kendall.

The Jets and Pete Kendall both could have handled this situation much better-- the Jets by not being spiteful and petty by humiliating Kendall, and Kendall by not being a big mouth, greedy jerkoff.

Again, you're acting as if Kendall's **** didn't stink throughout all of this. Clearly the reason the Jets held on to him was to get a good deal for him. They ended up getting a 4th round pick from a team not in the division. That's beyond aNYTHING I could have dreamed of.

I dont think anyone here likes the way kendall acted this summer. he was a schmuck every day on the field.

But now he's gone, and the FO is still here, and their mishandling of this caused a major distraction for the team during tc.

I think the point is that the FO's sh1t stunk plenty here, too.

I dont think anyone here likes the way kendall acted this summer. he was a schmuck every day on the field.

But now he's gone, and the FO is still here, and their mishandling of this caused a major distraction for the team during tc.

I think the point is that the FO's sh1t stunk plenty here, too.

None of us FO supporters disagree that the FO stunk a bit here too, but that's not a reason to disagree with dealing a guy who was a cancer in the locker room. Locker room distractions are much more harmful than newspaper distractions. Tangini was a little petty but Kendall was a blatant DOUCHEBAG. I'm actually very excited to see what Bender and the young'ns can do.

If Kendall were our LT or C, I'd be worried. I'm not that worried about replacing him.

It is a pretty even deal, maybe a little weighted towards the Jets.

A 6th/7th would have been more fair.

Oh well, suckers!

BZ

kendall may not be an all-pro but he is an NFL starter. I would say that a relatively inexpensive starting OG is worth a 4th rd pick. a 6th or 7th is garbage, and what you get for a player like the one they traded to Tampa.

kendall may not be an all-pro but he is an NFL starter. I would say that a relatively inexpensive starting OG is worth a 4th rd pick. a 6th or 7th is garbage, and what you get for a player like the one they traded to Tampa.

You do not trade a 4th rounder for a 34 year old bitchy player on the fringe of being a starter and on the decline...

Sorry, if Moss goes for a 4th, Kendall is not worth a 4th at 34 years old.

BZ

None of us FO supporters disagree that the FO stunk a bit here too, but that's not a reason to disagree with dealing a guy who was a cancer in the locker room. Locker room distractions are much more harmful than newspaper distractions. Tangini was a little petty but Kendall was a blatant DOUCHEBAG. I'm actually very excited to see what Bender and the young'ns can do.

If Kendall were our LT or C, I'd be worried. I'm not that worried about replacing him.

Maybe you're not, but plenty are drinking the FO koolaid and saying they were completely right about how the whole thing was handled.

You seem to have a realistic view of it.

I agree he had to be dealt at this point, just as a matter of damage control.

Maybe bender and Clarke will be okay...we'll get a look at them on Saturday.

Lets see...

A 4th round draft pick (Brad Smith, Leon Washington, Kerry Rhodes, Jerricho Cotchery, Adrian Jones, Jason Fabini, ) Some recent 4th round JETS

for

A 34 year old OG who can start on SOME NFL teams... and is in the FAST decline of his career... with run blocking that is... well it isnt anywhere to be found...

You do not trade a 4th rounder for a 34 year old bitchy player on the fringe of being a starter and on the decline...

well we don't.

but thankfuly snyder has a woody (double meaning) for trades with the Jets.

I'd like to thank my publicist for this post.

well we don't.

but thankfuly snyder has a woody (double meaning) for trades with the Jets.

I'd like to thank my publicist for this post.

lol

Lets see...

A 4th round draft pick (Brad Smith, Leon Washington, Kerry Rhodes, Jerricho Cotchery, Adrian Jones, Jason Fabini, ) Some recent 4th round JETS

for

A 34 year old OG who can start on SOME NFL teams... and is in the FAST decline of his career... with run blocking that is... well it isnt anywhere to be found...

I posted that in the other thread to give some perspective...

Maybe you're not, but plenty are drinking the FO koolaid and saying they were completely right about how the whole thing was handled.

You seem to have a realistic view of it.

I agree he had to be dealt at this point, just as a matter of damage control.

Maybe bender and Clarke will be okay...we'll get a look at them on Saturday.

Could be, cane. Hopefully the FO will learn from this and figure out how to better publicly handle situations such as these. I was kinda hoping that they'd keep Kendall and make him play for his contract, but this is alright too.

Either way, you will find no sympathy from me for a guy making $1.7 mil who's crying for another one, especially way past his prime.

Wow, I would never have guessed we would have gotten so much for him... I wish the pick was in this next draft, but 2009 is o.k. I still think we will miss his play, but not his attitude. I still think this is a lose lose situation for both parties. Good job salvaging something for him though.

Saying he's mediocre is overrating him.

The coach said he met with Kendall on Wednesday night as the trade was coming together.

"I wished him well and he thanked me," Mangini said. "It was a really good, positive conversation. ... I've said a lot of times I did value the contributions Pete made. He did a lot of good work last year. Talking to him last night, I thanked him for those contributions and wished him well."

------------------------------------------

Just please refrain from posting that he s*cked last year. That was not the case, and it doesnt help your argument. And btw, of the 34 sacks allowed last year, how many were given up by Kendall?

are you serious? the redskins get a starting LG, which they are in dire need of, for what? a 2009 4th rd pick.

the jets receive nothing in 2007, nothing in 2008, and a 4th rd pick in 2009. people who think the jets fleeced the redskins are out of their mind.

i hope clarke gets his head out of his ass because pennington's career has at most 1-2 more games left in it if the jets think jacob bender is going to be able to block seymour, wilfork, warren, ngata, suggs, or ray lewis.

are you serious? the redskins get a starting LG, which they are in dire need of, for what? a 2009 4th rd pick.

the jets receive nothing in 2007, nothing in 2008, and a 4th rd pick in 2009. people who think the jets fleeced the redskins are out of their mind.

i hope clarke gets his head out of his ass because pennington's career has at most 1-2 more games left in it if the jets think jacob bender is going to be able to block seymour, wilfork, warren, ngata, suggs, or ray lewis.

Just in case you missed this...

Originally Posted by ecurb2369 viewpost.gif

Lets see...

for

The JETS have a smart FO that thinks ahead now... Kendall would have done nothing positive for the JETS this season... now instead they get a 4th round pick with potential players like Rhodes and Cotch... Kendall will be sitting on his couch and the JETS will have a new 22 year old potential play maker...

Archived