Dice-K?

JonEJet

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matsuzaka, while he has been decent, has been owned all season long by the Yankees, his ERA going into today was 6.95, he didn't improve on it by too much today either.

I don't know if it's the depth of the Batting order, or whatever, but he just can't get through the Yankees.

Matsuzaka, while he has been decent, has been owned all season long by the Yankees, his ERA going into today was 6.95, he didn't improve on it by too much today either.

I don't know if it's the depth of the Batting order, or whatever, but he just can't get through the Yankees.

He gave up a 315 foot HR that made it a 5-3 game. You are making him out to be Mussina like!

Despite all of their problems, the Yankees have more elite hitters than any other team.

Plus, no matter the situation, they seem to play their best against the Sox.

It's easy. The Yankees are a patient team that makes good contact. He has not been great against the Yankees, but he has more than earned his money this season, considering some of the other pitchers out there making more and performing worse.

Despite all of their problems, the Yankees have more elite hitters than any other team.

Plus, no matter the situation, they seem to play their best against the Sox.

That's what happens when rivalries come around, regardless the standings, etc. Teams play their best, it's like that in every sport.

It's easy. The Yankees are a patient team that makes good contact. He has not been great against the Yankees, but he has more than earned his money this season, considering some of the other pitchers out there making more and performing worse.

*Cough* Barry Zito *Cough*

That's what happens when rivalries come around, regardless the standings, etc. Teams play their best, it's like that in every sport.

Absolutely. The great thing about baseball, is you get the chance to even it out the very next day.

Yeah, tomorrow's game should be a good one. I'll try to make it back from practice on time, I should.

Let's see which Clemens we get tomorrow, we need him at his best.

Roger "show me the money" Clemens pitches tomorrow. Excellent.

dicek is a good pitcher, but it seems he's lost a few ticks on his best fastball in the past month.

And that whole "he's a top 5 pitcher in the world" hype was just that.

I think next year will be a better year for him. Kind of like the Beckett effect. Not up to standards and then a big turn around.

It was either boras, or random scouts who kept saying he was a top 5 pitcher in the WORLD. espn mentioned it about 50 f'n times every day.

Probably Boras.

Despite JonE's ridiculous rants, he is far from a disappointment. Considering all he has to deal with (i.e. changing leagues, the expectations, different cultures, Sox fans, etc.) since last year, he has been pretty good.

It is not all about the W/L record.

Probably Boras.

Despite JonE's ridiculous rants, he is far from a disappointment. Considering all he has to deal with (i.e. changing leagues, the expectations, different cultures, Sox fans, etc.) since last year, he has been pretty good.

It is not all about the W/L record.

I guess you must like the taste of his goo

Otherwise he is nothing more than a 4 or 5

I guess you must like the taste of his goo

Otherwise he is nothing more than a 4 or 5

Short of Andy, he is better then anything the Yanks can throw out there. BTW good luck finding 100 pitchers better then him. I am curious to see your list though. Or is this graded on the MadMike grade curve?

:rl:

Objective?

:rl:

I'm pretty sure that Yankees will get in the post season with a WC. I'm pretty sure that any Red Sox fan that says they feel confident going against the Yankees in the playoff's is lying. There is a certain swagger the Yankees have when playing their foes from North on 95. I can't explain it - it's just there for all to see on TV.

Jon is half-right, Dice-K has been disappointing. I can't say that I am surprised. The expectations were ridiculous. The real bust, however, is that idiot J.D. Drew. Jeez, did Theo whiff with that acquisition or what?

I've said all along that I expected great things from Dice-K and I still do. I wouldn't be all that thrilled about the way he's pitched against the Yanks if I were a Sox fan but he definitely has top end of the rotation kind of stuff. As far as him being one of the top five pitchers on the planet, I too recall hearing that said a few times and it wasn't by Boras. One time was on a sports radio show that had a ML talent evaluator on who had seen him in the WBC and in Japan. He said that the money the Sox spent would be worth it because "this guy is one of the five best pitchers in the world".

Archived