Mussina may lost spot in rotation

AFJF

MLB Rumors Mussina might lost his spot

Thursday, Aug 23, 2007 11:59 am EDT

New York Yankees' manager Joe Torre has hinted that struggling starter, Mike Mussina, might need to pitch better to keep his spot in the rotation.

One possibile replacement is righthander Ian Kennedy, who has a 1.86 ERA in five starts for Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Source: Newsday

From the NYPost

"Who would they replace me with?" Mussina asked prior to last night's Yankees-Tigers game at Comerica Park.

Actually, GM Brian Cashman on Thursday brought up three names as possible replacements for the struggling veteran, mentioning minor leaguers Ian Kennedy, Steven White and, yes, even Kei Igawa.

Ever since Wednesday in Anaheim, Calif., when Joe Torre said he would have a talk with Mussina if he doesn't pitch well Monday, the inference is that the Yankees, who are in a must-win situation every night, would make a move with the 16-year veteran. Given multiple chances yesterday to say Mussina's spot in the rotation is safe, Torre danced around the subject.

Hopefully it's Kennedy if it even comes to that. No way any team in their right mind allows Igawa to pitch during the WC race.

I would've signed Wells and gave him the ball with more of a chance to win than Mussina. Am I nuts ?

Nah. As bad as he's been and his negative comments about the Yanks after the Clemens signing made this almost impossible. If he had even been pitching decent I'd say it would have been a consideration. From what I saw though he just couldn't get anybody out. JMO.

From the NYPost

"Who would they replace me with?" Mussina asked prior to last night's Yankees-Tigers game at Comerica Park.

Actually, GM Brian Cashman on Thursday brought up three names as possible replacements for the struggling veteran, mentioning minor leaguers Ian Kennedy, Steven White and, yes, even Kei Igawa.

Ever since Wednesday in Anaheim, Calif., when Joe Torre said he would have a talk with Mussina if he doesn't pitch well Monday, the inference is that the Yankees, who are in a must-win situation every night, would make a move with the 16-year veteran. Given multiple chances yesterday to say Mussina's spot in the rotation is safe, Torre danced around the subject.

Hopefully it's Kennedy if it even comes to that. No way any team in their right mind allows Igawa to pitch during the WC race.

Who would they replace me with ? :ahhh:

How bout

1) Kei Igawa

2) Ian Kennedy

3) Johnny Damon

4) Chad Pennington

Who would they replace me with... Mussina is friggin clueless sometimes. What a dumbass.

Archived