Official Terms of The Kendall Deal

K2C

Mods..you can merge if you want..but I didn't see this in the merged thread and this is really the most significant part..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2988171

Jets' Kendall dealt to Redskins for mid-round draft pick

By Len Pasquarelli

ESPN.com

The New York Jets ended months of acrimony and bickering with starting left guard Pete Kendall on Thursday, trading the disgruntled 11-year veteran to the Washington Redskins for an undisclosed middle-round draft choice. The deal came after an offseason in which Kendall, upset about his contract, did not take part in any of the Jets' voluntary activities, and in which he railed against management. One of the game's most candid players, and unafraid to speak his mind, Kendall went public with his grievances over the contractual dispute. "We were really comfortable with the trade and the value that we got in the trade," Jets coach Eric Mangini said Thursday morning. "When this opportunity presented itself, we thought it was a good opportunity and, as always, we're trying to make the best decisions to help the team win." The deal ends Kendall's three-season tenure with the Jets. "Pete and I had a great conversation last night," Mangini said. "I wished him well and he thanked me. We joked about having beverages on Cape Cod when I'm down there." After accepting a salary reduction last year, Kendall sought to have his compensation for this season, scheduled at a base salary of $1.68 million, increased by $1 million. Jets officials, though, steadfastly declined to renegotiate. Kendall claimed that the Jets had reneged on a promise to readjust his salary again if he performed well in 2006. Discussions with the Redskins, who will use Kendall to replace Derrick Dockery, a standout left guard who signed with Buffalo as an unrestricted free agent this spring, heated up in the past few days. Washington had planned to use Todd Wade, an offense tackle for most of his career, at guard, but Kendall is a far better option there. Kendall, 34, should be an excellent fit with Washington's veteran blocking unit. Several other teams, including the Miami Dolphins, had inquired about Kendall as well. But the Jets preferred to send him to a team in the NFC. New York does, though, host the Redskins in an interconference game on Nov. 4. Washington will mark the fourth stop for Kendall in his NFL career. He entered the league as a first-round pick with Seattle in 1996. His résumé includes stints with the Seahawks (1996-2000), Arizona (2001-2003) and the Jets (2004-2006). A former Boston College star, Kendall has appeared in 158 games, all but two of them as a starter. He has played all 16 games in five different seasons and has never appeared in fewer than 11 games in a year. Kendall had two years beyond this season remaining on his Jets' contract, at base salaries of $2 million for 2008 and $2.393 million for 2009. It is believed that the Redskins agreed to upgrade his contract. The Jets will now choose between second-year veteran Adrien Clarke and rookie Jacob Bender, a sixth-round draft choice who primarily played tackle in college, to fill the void at the left guard spot.

The Jets will receive a fifth-round pick in 2008 if Kendall plays 80 percent of the snaps this year for Washington; if he plays more than that, the pick would be upgraded to a fourth-rounder in 2009.

I didn't see if anybody mentioned this on another thread BUT

On NFL Total ACcess in discussing the kendall trade they were interviewing Gibbs

concerning the trade and he said in part:

We like Kendall, he's very versatile he can play Guard, CENTER, and RT.

All of a sudden he can play Center??? Do you think Gibbs would have said that

if he hadn't discussed it with Kendall?

So all the BS from Kendall about not wanting to play Center was just a bunch of crap.

Good riddance to that POS.

It's no coincidence this has happened so close to Revis being singed, you had to know Revis was being used as a ploy to get Kendall released, that and Kendall being a total prick and tanking on purpose. The only reason Kendall wasn't a starter was because they knew he wouldn't be starting the season so you might as well let the young guys get some practice time. The minute Revis was signed I knew Kendall would be gone, that had to be part of the deal. The question now, is do we go sign a guy for what we were giving Kendall or let Clarke/Wade/Bender compete for the job.

On NFL Total ACcess in discussing the kendall trade they were interviewing Gibbs

So all the BS from Kendall about not wanting to play Center was just a bunch of crap.

Yeah, I caught that...maybe he did mishandle those snaps last week on purpose after all. :eek:

It's no coincidence this has happened so close to Revis being singed, you had to know Revis was being used as a ploy to get Kendall released, that and Kendall being a total prick and tanking on purpose. The only reason Kendall wasn't a starter was because they knew he wouldn't be starting the season so you might as well let the young guys get some practice time. The minute Revis was signed I knew Kendall would be gone, that had to be part of the deal. The question now, is do we go sign a guy for what we were giving Kendall or let Clarke/Wade/Bender compete for the job.

If it was part of the deal, the agent would be disbarred, immediately. I'm not buying this.

Mods..you can merge if you want..but I didn't see this in the merged thread and this is really the most significant part..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2988171

Jets' Kendall dealt to Redskins for mid-round draft pick

By Len Pasquarelli

ESPN.com

The Jets will receive a fifth-round pick in 2008 if Kendall plays 80 percent of the snaps this year for Washington; if he plays more than that, the pick would be upgraded to a fourth-rounder in 2009.

isn't there some kind of scale they use to weigh the worth of a given pick in the draft? I thought I read that a 5th in 08 is the same as a 4th in 09, but forgot where i saw that. I also may be all full of bs.

isn't there some kind of scale they use to weigh the worth of a given pick in the draft? I thought I read that a 5th in 08 is the same as a 4th in 09, but forgot where i saw that. I also may be all full of bs.

Thats right.

I have said COUNTLESS times on this board that Pete Kendall played center for the Arizona Cardinals.

He's known how to play center from day one...and purposefully was ****ing up snaps the past pre-season game to get cut.

http://www.chargerfans.net/board/index.cgi?noframes;read=88605

Read the title of that link..."Cards cut Pete Kendall, verteran CENTER".

I have said COUNTLESS times on this board that Pete Kendall played center for the Arizona Cardinals.

He's known how to play center from day one...and purposefully was ****ing up snaps the past pre-season game to get cut.

http://www.chargerfans.net/board/index.cgi?noframes;read=88605

Read the title of that link..."Cards cut Pete Kendall, verteran CENTER".

I don't think he was screwing up on purpose when he got his ass kicked all season in 05, but he was playing like crap, he even admitted it.

I played basketball, I could play center or power forward well enough depending on the lineup, but I was a much better center.

If it was part of the deal, the agent would be disbarred, immediately. I'm not buying this.

Yup. As an agent they have to conduct business with each client on an individual basis. If I were Revis and I even had the slightest thought my agent did something like this, he'd be gone in a heartbeat.

A lot depends on the strenght of each years draft class.

Archived