Rutgers student tickets

K-Rhodes25

1) The Best ballplayers are on the borders of the state, or right in the central area.

2) Miami can't even get Florida's best players anymore, Rutgers is in, Miami is out.[/quote]

based off rutgers having 2 medicore seasons, and miami feeling the wrath of having a horrible coach that would do a horrible job at recruiting the Miami area. Shannon already has the best 2 players in the state for this recruiting class locked up, you dont know what you are talking about.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) That comment was a joke, but it seems that I hit a soft spot, so I'll take the comment back.

2) I don't know what I'm talking about? Sure, Thugs/Prostitutes/Drug Addicts/Sexual Offenders/Murders University (also known as Miami University) doesn't get Florida's recruits anymore, they aren't going to be automatic anymore. Is all i'm sayin'

3) Rutgers took a step in the right direction, that's all it is, get off their case.

Wow.

You base opinions on the basis of FIVE recruits.

Pretty hardened facts you have there.

What does history tell us?

History means nothing. Those are the last 5 players both those teams recruited. Thats like trying to judge VA tech in 1992 or Miami in the early 70s.

2 years in bowl games. If you can't see that Rutgers is a school on the rise you're either stupid or a blind hater. Everything is in place for Rutgers to be a top 25 team for a while.

Per my earlier comment, Maryland was saying the same things.

2 Bowl appearances is no gurantee of future successes.

And Mike, please suspend with the personal attacks. Or are you unbannable?

Per my earlier comment, Maryland was saying the same things.

2 Bowl appearances is no gurantee of future successes.

And Mike, please suspend with the personal attacks. Or are you unbannable?

It's been said over and over again by more than just me how stupid the Maryland comparison is but apparently you are just as thick here as you are in the baseball forum.

Of course. Why would you stay on topic when you could try to bait me... You are pathetic. Did you even get into Penn State? I doubt it...

Mike, I attended Penn State for 2 National Championships. Any other comments you care to be wrong in?

Yeah, Rutgers had one season. Now they are "national powers". If I had a dime for every program that said that after one year.

Talk to me in a decade. Then we can commence in "National Power talk".

Mike, I attended Penn State for 2 National Championships. Any other comments you care to be wrong in?

Yeah, Rutgers had one season. Now they are "national powers". If I had a dime for every program that said that after one year.

Talk to me in a decade. Then we can commence in "National Power talk".

took you 5 years huh? lol.

If you would care to hear my life story, I can tell it.

But, that may only commence in more attacks from you.

Nah. I really could care less. I just found it funny that you bashed Rutgers, then when presented by more than one reason why your argument made no sense you started to attack me.

Nah. I really could care less. I just found it funny that you bashed Rutgers, then when presented by more than one reason why your argument made no sense you started to attack me.

You could care less, only when it has been demonstrated to you that you were totally wrong.

How you have shown me that Rutgers has had more than ONE good season in the last 50 years, I will never know, becaue you havent.

How on good year in 50 translates to guaranteed success for the next decade is only in your mind, and is speculation.

And frankly, your speculations have proven to be very hit and miss. More miss than hit.

You could care less, only when it has been demonstrated to you that you were totally wrong.

How you have shown me that Rutgers has had more than ONE good season in the last 50 years, I will never know, becaue you havent.

How on good year in 50 translates to guaranteed success for the next decade is only in your mind, and is speculation.

And frankly, your speculations have proven to be very hit and miss. More miss than hit.

It's been written over and over again in this thread the reasons that Rutgers isn't going anywhere. I'm not gonna into another argument with you because it's nothing but a waste of my time.

Man you guys are too freakin much sometimes. :P

The job that Schiano has done the past couple of years is nothing short of miraculous.

Where previously alot of the talent was going elsewhere now they are taking a serious look at Rutgers.

Every program has a starting point. Even Miami had to start somewhere. (Schnellenberger's Arrival).

I hope that Schiano stays and coaches RU forever, just like Paterno did at Penn State.

Eventually though if Rutgers wants to get true national respect they are going to have to drop the likes of Buffalo, Navy, Norfolk State (WTF is up with that) and Army and start adding two big names to their schedule.

Schiano has laid the foundation. Now let's see if they can keep building on it.

The job that Schiano has done the past couple of years is nothing short of miraculous.

Where previously alot of the talent was going elsewhere now they are taking a serious look at Rutgers.

Every program has a starting point. Even Miami had to start somewhere. (Schnellenberger's Arrival).

I hope that Schiano stays and coaches RU forever, just like Paterno did at Penn State.

Eventually though if Rutgers wants to get true national respect they are going to have to drop the likes of Buffalo, Navy, Norfolk State (WTF is up with that) and Army and start adding two big names to their schedule.

They have done a nice job. But the odds are stacked against them. There are no guarantees of national prominence and it takes much more of one great year. it takes a decade of stringing those together to put a program on a map.

They ARE top 25 on scout.com which is a very valid site.

http://rutgers.scout.com/a.z?s=183&p=9&c=14&yr=2008

Mike, to analyze a recruiting class, with letter of intent day still almost 5 months away is silly.

Let's look at the 2007 class. Off of Rutgers best finish in their history, they could not muster a top 25 class, based on the site that you gave. Not a strong basis of nation foundation of recruiting. But that is one year, granted.

Who are the 5 kids that Rutgers beat Penn State to in 2007?

They have done a nice job. But the odds are stacked against them. There are no guarantees of national prominence and it takes much more of one great year. it takes a decade of stringing those together to put a program on a map.

I don't know. I might have to disagree with "nice job".

Considering where they were just a few years ago I think what Schiano has done has been nothing short of miraculous.

Rutgers, mid to late 90's were getting stomped on the way teams like Northwestern, Columbia, would get stomped.

63-0

72-7

I mean those scores were just flat out embarrasing. All the 4 star talent would look at RU and basically laugh while going to Penn State, Miami, or wherever and rightly they should have. I mean who wants to go to a school that is basically a national laughing stock ?

Schiano though has not only gotten some of that talent to stay but he has also made some inroads in tougher states like Florida. To me that says alot.

Rutgers could end up being a national power down the road or they could end up with a nice little run like Northwestern did when they went to the Rose Bowl. I think alot of that is going depend on how long Schiano stays.

I don't know. I might have to disagree with "nice job".

Considering where they were just a few years ago I think what Schiano has done has been nothing short of miraculous.

Rutgers, mid to late 90's were getting stomped on the way teams like Northwestern, Columbia, would get stomped.

63-0

72-7

I mean those scores were just flat out embarrasing. All the 4 star talent would look at RU and basically laugh while going to Penn State, Miami, or wherever and rightly they should have. I mean who wants to go to a school that is basically a national laughing stock ?

Schiano though has not only gotten some of that talent to stay but he has also made some inroads in tougher states like Florida. To me that says alot.

Rutgers could end up being a national power down the road or they could end up with a nice little run like Northwestern did when they went to the Rose Bowl. I think alot of that is going depend on how long Schiano stays.

Totally agree. I was being a little blase' in saying "nice job". They have done a great job.

That is no guarantee that it continues though. I have seen many "great" short term turn-arounds in the NCAA. Making it stick a decade is a much harder feat.

It will be interesting to see if PSU calls on Schiano to take over. it would be hard for him to resist.

He's done agood job there, and has recruited well recently, so i think they'll be okay for a while.

Ironically, I think GS has his eye on the PUS job when JoPa vacates the premises.

Archived