Trade ? ? ? : Jets Could Be Interested In ~ ~ ~

kelly

Sign him / trade him for the pick we received for Kendall. There is no need to slow down Jacob Bender's progess into becoming the Right Tackle of the future by moving him over to Left Guard for one season.

some info/data :

Height: 6-5

Weight: 325

Born: 4/13/1978 Bartow , FL

College: Mississippi

Experience: 7th season

High School: Lake Gibson HS

2005: Started 9 games at RG before being sidelined with a thigh injury and was placed on Injured Reserve on 12/15.

2004: Started all 16 regular season games and both postseason contests at RG in final season with Steelers.

2003: Made a solid contribution in his 3rd season wiht Pittsburgh, filling in for Alan Faneca at RG and provide solid depth along the line as he saw action in 10 games, starting 9.

2002: Saw action in 7 games, starting 1 in his 2nd season with the Steelers...Was inactive for the 1st 5 games.

2001: Saw action in 5 games, starting 1 after making the team as a rookie free agent with Steelers.

Vincent is an imposing physical specimen

Sign him / trade him for the pick we received for Kendall. There is no need to slow down Jacob Bender's progess into becoming the Right Tackle of the future by moving him over to Left Guard for one season.

It will take more than the pick we got from the Skins to get him...if that were the case, the Skins would have traded that pick to the Ravens for Vincent...unless the Skins were dead set on Kendall.

think of it as though you were a player. would you want playing experience at a different postion? or would you rather ride the bench and just 'study' your actual position?

In my experience, its better to just get on the field. JMO

think of it as though you were a player. would you want playing experience at a different postion? or would you rather ride the bench and just 'study' your actual position?

Not to mention boost your worth by being able to play multiple positions.

Not to mention that 124 wants to trade a fourth round pick to avoid jeopardizing the development of a sixth round pick. I think playing G might be good for Bender. He's a run blocker with limited experience in pass protection. I'd expect his biggest problems to be footwork dealing with edge rushers. At guard they can limit the space he has to cover and he should be able to at least engage the rusher. Or I could just be talking out of my ass.

Not to mention that 124 wants to trade a fourth round pick to avoid jeopardizing a sixth round picks development. I think playing G might be good for Bender. He's a run blocker with limited experience in pass protection. I'd expect his biggest problems to be footwork dealing with edge rushers. At guard they can limit the space he has to cover and he should be able to at least be able to engage the rusher. Or I could just be talking out of my ass.

Co-sign. Mediocre tackles can make good guards. I don't get the hoopla about Bender. He's just another late round reach IMO, but has a better shot at being a decent guard than he ever will at tackle.

That's a pretty dumb first line. The Skins took Kendall because they didn't like what

they had so why would we want one of their sub par guards.

The writers on this board do a better job than the ones getting paid to do it.

huh?

He plays for the Ravens... not the Skins...

Not to mention that 124 wants to trade a fourth round pick to avoid jeopardizing a sixth round picks development. I think playing G might be good for Bender. He's a run blocker with limited experience in pass protection. I'd expect his biggest problems to be footwork dealing with edge rushers. At guard they can limit the space he has to cover and he should be able to at least be able to engage the rusher. Or I could just be talking out of my ass.

I'm sorry, but Jacob Bender is the future Right Tackle of this organization, not the future Left Guard. If Kendrick Vincent can start for Pittsburgh's OLines in 04 and 05 then he's damn well good enough for me for 3-5 years.

I'm sorry, but Jacob Bender is the future Right Tackle of this organization, not the future Left Guard. If Kendrick Vincent can start for Pittsburgh's OLines in 04 and 05 then he's damn well good enough for me for 3-5 years.

It's easier to succeed at LG than RT... We have no idea if he will ever been a good RT.

It's easier to succeed at LG than RT... We have no idea if he will ever been a good RT.

And if he doesn't succeed at Left Guard this season then we are wasting a year on seeing how he will fair at Right Tackle. Stupid move unless the plan is to always keep him at Left Guard and to aquire a Right Tackle in next years draft / free agency to challenge Clement.

And if he doesn't succeed at Left Guard this season then we are wasting a year on seeing how he will fair at Right Tackle. Stupid move unless the plan is to always keep him at Left Guard and to aquire a Right Tackle in next years draft / free agency to challenge Clement.

if bender wasn't good enough to hold it down, i imagine they would go right to clarke. If clarke played as he did against Minn, then its time to trade.

i feel like we we are between a rock and a hard place on this one.

HUH?

So you would rather he sit on the bench LISTED as RT... but get ZERO playing time at the position... except some scout O time... (which wont even be the real scheme he needs to learn)

When he could get starting experience on the Oline next to Dbrick and Mangold making him more versatile in the future?

Interesting...

They are gonna need to bring in new OL guys either way I don't mind seeing if Bender can play there.

Where the heck are you getting that idea from? He's a 6th-round flier who the Jets will use if they need to, but you can be damn well sure that if the opportunity comes in which they can get a better player, they will.

He is a 6th round pick. He is a monumental long shot to ever start in the league. If he starts at LG, RT, C or FB for a few games he is a success. Remember Marko? That's what we should expect from late picks. Just because we only picked four players don't expect them all to be gems. IMO, if Bender is a gem we're probably better served with him starting at G now. Besides, on draft day there was some talk about him being switched to G. He was never proclaimed the "RT of the future." Can he core a apple?

yea he may be good for deph, but no way in hell do I want a 3rd stringer starting for my team on the O-Line. It's not like he is a rookie or even a 3rd year player... He is a 7 year vet who is a 3rd stringer for a reason. NO THANKS... Save the 4th round draft pick for a pick in next years draft, a trade up in next years draft, or simple making a better trade. No way this would benefit the Jets.

yea he may be good for deph, but no way in hell do I want a 3rd stringer starting for my team on the O-Line. It's not like he is a rookie or even a 3rd year player... He is a 7 year vet who is a 3rd stringer for a reason. NO THANKS... Save the 4th round draft pick for a pick in next years draft, a trade up in next years draft, or simple making a better trade. No way this would benefit the Jets.

So youre saying he wouldnt handle the LG duties better than Clarke or Bender?

Is what im saying is Bender has alot more potential than this guy. Why trade a 4th round pick for this guy?

Let me ask you something... Would you rather have Leon Washington... Or this guy?

Exactly... We drafted Leon in the 4th round.

The Jets are going to draft Leon Washington again?!?

sweet!

Is what im saying is Bender has alot more potential than this guy. Why trade a 4th round pick for this guy?

Let me ask you something... Would you rather have Leon Washington... Or this guy?

Exactly... We drafted Leon in the 4th round.

Bender could very well prove his worth here yes, but wouldnt you rather have someone who has proven they can handle the task at LG? There isnt a hell of a lot of time to get Bender up to speed.

Bender could very well prove his worth here yes, but wouldnt you rather have someone who has proven they can handle the task at LG? There isnt a hell of a lot of time to get Bender up to speed.

The Jets offensive line was one of the worst O-Lines in the NFL last season... IMO noway we can get any worse with Bender doing the run blocking.

Being a 3rd stringer on the Ravens O-Line is FAR from proving he can HANDLE the task.

The Jets are going to draft Leon Washington again?!?

sweet!

Use common sence for once instead of trying to be a smart ass over the internet.

Talent like Leon Washington can be obtained with the right scouting come the 3rd and 4th rounds... Even sometimes the last rounds in the case of M.Colston for the Saints. It's better to save our 4th round pick for P.Kendall who was a proven veteran. If we treated Kendall wrong, refused to pay him more, trade him for a 4th, and then trade that 4th right back for a guard is who nowhere close 2 being better than Kendall... Well than right there makes no sence, should have simply gave him the money to keep him happy if thats what we are about to do.

Use common sence for once instead of trying to be a smart ass over the internet.

Talent like Leon Washington can be obtained with the right scouting come the 3rd and 4th rounds... Even sometimes the last rounds in the case of M.Colston for the Saints. It's better to save our 4th round pick for P.Kendall who was a proven veteran. If we treated Kendall wrong, refused to pay him more, trade him for a 4th, and then trade that 4th right back for a guard is who nowhere close 2 being better than Kendall... Well than right there makes no sence, should have simply gave him the money to keep him happy if thats what we are about to do.

Sorry dude I'll try to use more of that common sence. I'm not saying that we should necessarily trade the pick. But guys like Colston, Rhodes and Washington are the exception to the rule. The 4th and 5th round is often where you draft your future 3rd stringers.

Sorry dude I'll try to use more of that common sence. I'm not saying that we should necessarily trade the pick. But guys like Colston, Rhodes and Washington are the exception to the rule. The 4th and 5th round is often where you draft your future 3rd stringers.

Not true at all... The 4th round is a great round to draft nice talent that aint "OVER HYPED" like the 1st and 2nd rounds. Players in the 4th rounds can actually be GREAT PLAYERS who play for smaller schools. In our case we drafted Leon who played for a larger school in FSU.

The Jets offensive line was one of the worst O-Lines in the NFL last season... IMO noway we can get any worse with Bender doing the run blocking.

Being a 3rd stringer on the Ravens O-Line is FAR from proving he can HANDLE the task.

I agree that the O-line was bad last year, but he did start at Pitts.

Archived