Kendall situation, whether right/wrong, has taught us one thing

As a fan, it's great to know that the Front office is actually in control of things... But at the same time I just dont want the front office to get such a huge ego where future FA simple dont wanna play for the Jets... Same as current players, for exaple... K.Rhodes... I want him TO WANT TO PLAY FOR THIS JETS TEAM FOR YEARS TO COME... I dont want the front office to become such dictators where the players really cant trust em.

That also could turn around and bite us in the free agency department

Coles said something to the effect that Kendall was going to a top notch organization that takes care of their players......I hate to break it to you, but that is what today's atheletes want

Coles said something to the effect that Kendall was going to a top notch organization that takes care of their players......I hate to break it to you, but that is what today's atheletes want

Thats what im worried about... Coles even said something like... With this new FO players such as himself are not even safe on the team, if they want us they want us, if not they will let you loose... Something like that I believe. He also said something like "Even in TC I had to work hard for a roster spot" I dont give a fuuck, if Coles was worried about making the team, well then this really aint a good thing, sometimes 2 much pressure is really not great.

Theres a difference between taking care of a player and pandering to them. This organization is going in the right direction with building a no nonsense team with the team coming first.

If "taking care" of theor players means throwing ridiculous amounts of money at them, then yes he is right and that is what today's players want. However, if you want to be part of a winning organization, then sometimes you need to face reality in that most winning teams do not have a big bucks owner involved in stupid personnel decisions.

true,, but those organizations can create lazy players,, its a tradeoff, ,find the players who want to win consistently at a cost

Question: If Kendall keeps his mouth shut with the media, do you think he gets a reworked contract prior to the start of the season? I'd say yes, he would have - he gambled, he whined, he got traded. I wish they coud have kept Kendall - I think the guy is a good player and a really good teacher for the younger guys - but his mouth did him in - again.

Question: If Kendall keeps his mouth shut with the media, do you think he gets a reworked contract prior to the start of the season? I'd say yes, he would have - he gambled, he whined, he got traded. I wish they coud have kept Kendall - I think the guy is a good player and a really good teacher for the younger guys - but his mouth did him in - again.

Exactly. ENd of story. Mods should close all the Kendall threads, he's long gone with no return.

If Kendall had shut his yapper, I thing tangini would have taken care of "Ol Pete

But now he;s a Skin, so F-Him

great posts. once he opened his mouth, the FO couldn't capitulate.

I may be wrong about this but wasn't the reason Coles came back to the jets

was because the Skins didn't want to pay him what he wanted so they traded

him to the jets???

That's cause Washington is a pissing hole for vets getting almost any contract they want.

The Skins will always get their share of FA's who do zero after they get the big dollars....no comparison between current FO's. BTW ,love Coles but Snyder told him he was sending him a flat screen TV to watch the Skins games from home as he was going nowhere when he wanted out due to Gibb's offense. Only the Santana deal saved that from becoming mega ugly.

Coles likes to talk........sometimes to a fault.

It could backfire, but so far, this mentality has not hurt the Eagles.

Remember the TO situation? Now, I know his situation was far more tenuous and extreme, BUT it was somewhat similar to ours.

Bryan Westbrook was also seeking a new deal at the time and he had held out until early July, when his agent had realized he made a mistake and advised Westbrook to report. Shortly after reporting, Westbrook received the big contract he hoped for, while TO got nothing. This move was not only good for the team, but it was also an in your face move to TO.

Philly has since signed Montae Reagor, Bethel Johnson, Kevin Curtis, Darren Howard, Jeff Garcia(signed with Tampa in off season), etc. They also managed to re sign several of their own players, including Jon Runyan.

It really comes down to players wanting to get paid, and wanting to win. The Jets have shown the money to their own players, and FA, and I think another winning season could go a long way towards players wanting to sign.

I also follow the Bears, and I could tell you that the Lance Briggs issue could have rubbed players the wrong way. Trading Thomas Jones also didn't help. The Bears notorious cheap label only made things appear worse, especially with the hard time they gave Lovie Smith. Alex Brown also requesting a new deal did not help BUT, Chicago was not only able to lock up their starting corners, they also made a deal for Darwin Walker and gave him a big contract. Adam Archuleta was ecstatic at being traded to Chicago.

What I saying is that I think this stuff is often overrated. If the Jets win, players will want to come here.

Agreed. I read that too, and throughout all the interviews yesterday everyone had nothing but good things to say about kendall. Like I said yesterday, I think the players have a very different view of the situation than do the fans.

It could backfire, but so far, this mentality has not hurt the Eagles.

Remember the TO situation? Now, I know his situation was far more tenuous and extreme, BUT it was somewhat similar to ours.

Bryan Westbrook was also seeking a new deal at the time and he had held out until early July, when his agent had realized he made a mistake and advised Westbrook to report. Shortly after reporting, Westbrook received the big contract he hoped for, while TO got nothing. This move was not only good for the team, but it was also an in your face move to TO.

Philly has since signed Montae Reagor, Bethel Johnson, Kevin Curtis, Darren Howard, Jeff Garcia(signed with Tampa in off season), etc. They also managed to re sign several of their own players, including Jon Runyan.

It really comes down to players wanting to get paid, and wanting to win. The Jets have shown the money to their own players, and FA, and I think another winning season could go a long way towards players wanting to sign.

I also follow the Bears, and I could tell you that the Lance Briggs issue could have rubbed players the wrong way. Trading Thomas Jones also didn't help. The Bears notorious cheap label only made things appear worse, especially with the hard time they gave Lovie Smith. Alex Brown also requesting a new deal did not help BUT, Chicago was not only able to lock up their starting corners, they also made a deal for Darwin Walker and gave him a big contract. Adam Archuleta was ecstatic at being traded to Chicago.

What I saying is that I think this stuff is often overrated. If the Jets win, players will want to come here.

Right. A level headed team with the shot at winning, who arent cheapskates will get thier fair share of quality players. This is the direction the Jets are heading in, and within a couple of years this will be an orginization thats held in high regard.

Agreed. I read that too, and throughout all the interviews yesterday everyone had nothing but good things to say about kendall. Like I said yesterday, I think the players have a very different view of the situation than do the fans.

Let's not forget though that most players are looking out for number 1. The Kendall situation may have interested them, but if they are getting paid Kendall will soon be a distant memory for them. Obviously, the public statements are those that are favorable to a teammate, however behind closed doors it is possible that some may think that he is a d!ck.