Why such a high signing bonus for Samari Rolle?

He isn't even the best, not even the 2nd best cornerback out there in free agency and he is going to recieve a $15 million signing bonus??? Dan Snyder is freakin' nuts. It would not be a shock to me to see guys like Law and Smoot ask for $20+.

Rolle is a damn good cornerback.

I'd expect guys like Smoot to command about the same bonus, if not a little bit less. Remember, it was the Spendskins that gave Rolle a $15 million bonus. I also don't expect Law's bonus to be nearly that high because I doubt he signs a long-term contract. 3 years at most, I'm guessing.

Rolle is an injury waiting to happen. These dudes are all taking contracts with HUGE SB's and smaller, disposable per annum's. He may get a 5-year, $30 million dollar deal with a $15 mil signing bonus, but they'll cut him after 3 yearshaving paid out maybe $20 mil total.

Ive said it befoe and ill say it again. When you are the Washington Redskins you have to lure guys in with a large signing bonus. Who really want o play in Washington?

They throw cash at you to get you to sign only to lie to you about your roll with the team and then they dump your contract before it's over because they need the money to throw another giant bonus at someone.

Archived