JN Day Trip - Jets/Giants practice in Albany on August 6th

Gang Green Girl

XOXOX love ya Bob! Muah!!! you know how i love attention...

by the by .. will you be meeting the crew at the practice? maybe i will come up also ;)... see i can stay on topic. OY!

GG you should really try and go!!!! It will be fun.

Bob, I am pretty sure GGG is good friends with tmac so if she didn't tell him already I am sure she will.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think GGG has been ducking me. She "forgot" to tell about this. How sad, didn't even make the B list. If it's my off work weekend I might consider going up and doing lunch with you all again. As for the scrimmage I wouldn't waste my time. At that stage in the season there's not a lot of quality football happening. Pretty boring to say the least.

I think GGG has been ducking me. She "forgot" to tell about this. How sad, didn't even make the B list. If it's my off work weekend I might consider going up and doing lunch with you all again. As for the scrimmage I wouldn't waste my time. At that stage in the season there's not a lot of quality football happening. Pretty boring to say the least.

hey T- Mac dont worry not making the B list isnt the worst thing ;) as a founding member of the D list and slowly dropping... it is all what you make it! ;)

you gotta be kiddin me bout this albany gig.

thats too soon for an inter-scrimmage..

We open camp for a few days (6)then practice

with the Giants on the 7th day..this is nutzz!

we would get hurt seariously...

I find this hard to believe we would risk our

players to early injury...

T-Mac: I had just assumed you'd go up earlier like you did last year and spend a few days there. You know that if we already had 15 people, I'd throw any of 'em under the vehicle to get you on! Please, please, please! Come with us!

e="T-Mac"]I think GGG has been ducking me. She "forgot" to tell about this. How sad, didn't even make the B list. If it's my off work weekend I might consider going up and doing lunch with you all again. As for the scrimmage I wouldn't waste my time. At that stage in the season there's not a lot of quality football happening. Pretty boring to say the least.

YYR, I need to stay a couple days any time I cover that much distance. Just don't throw anyone under the bus. Max can't afford any more points off his liscence. If I make it I might just blow off the practice and meet up w/ yiz at that Irish pub, or better yet, Smokey's BBQ. I'm currently in negotiations w/ Dennis as to where to stay and when to hit the track/concerts. Afleet Alex will be at Monmouth the day after also...we'll know more in a few days.

The Giants report to training camp in Albany on July 28, practice for the first time the next day and soon after will be able to determine where they stand. On Aug. 6, the Jets will arrive for a visit.

The two teams will work out against each other twice, once in the morning and once in the afternoon, following an identical format to last year. Both teams got much out of those dual practice sessions. The Giants learned their offensive line was a work in progress and the Jets got the first glimpse that rookie linebacker Jonathan Vilma was a budding star.

There will not be any live hitting during these workouts, but the intensity always rises when another team is added into the mix.

The Giants report to training camp in Albany on July 28, practice for the first time the next day and soon after will be able to determine where they stand. On Aug. 6, the Jets will arrive for a visit.

The two teams will work out against each other twice, once in the morning and once in the afternoon, following an identical format to last year. Both teams got much out of those dual practice sessions. The Giants learned their offensive line was a work in progress and the Jets got the first glimpse that rookie linebacker Jonathan Vilma was a budding star.

There will not be any live hitting during these workouts, but the intensity always rises when another team is added into the mix.

It was pretty intense last year, I thought. Of course, it was the Giants smacking the Jets around while Herm yukked it up with Hackett, but hey.

It was pretty intense last year, I thought. Of course, it was the Giants smacking the Jets around while Herm yukked it up with Hackett, but hey.

Well at least on the defensive side of the ball the Jets were intense. Vilma and Darrell McClover, as I recall, were all over the field that day making hits, and Hendu had his unit working its asses off.

Hopefully Heimerdinger will bring that same level of intensity to the offense. Herm can go chase after butterflies with a net for all I care during the sessions.

• 2 weeks later...

did u see that on TIVO

No, if he was there like BOB, Jumba, Sue, Foxjet & myself were last year - he would have known that Hackett actually was with the B-squad while Herm ran the A-squad in both the backfield & then on the main stadium grass later in the day.

And even though they stated that there would not be a smack session - you could swear that you heard the familiar sound of padds cracking against one & another. Especially when the Giants tried to take out McCarens in the late practice.

Plus, Herm went off at one point!

Im meetin up with you guys when you come up here for the practice. I need to meet all the dysfunctional people that make jetnation the clusterf*** that it is.
Hey Fat cat Just make sure you bring your litter box for all the XL sh*t you talk :roll: LONG LIVE THE NATION!!! :Nuts:

1. and 2. Mr. and Mrs. Max

3. and 4. Brenda and guest

5. faba

6. Jets28

7. and 8. Joisey and Ledge

9. Me

10. bigdaddyms1

11. and 12. Becky and Bob

13. and 14. TomMcCabe and Guest. Waiting on confirmation.

Max, are McCabe and his girly coming?

I think so. But that bastid like a savy politician avoids answering all the tough questions. I will see him tonight and pin him down for a definitive answer.

Max what time do I have to be at your house?

Too many jokes. So little time.

Um, haven't even thought about any of that yet. We will work it all out when it gets a little closer. Right now I am busy fixing all the errors on Tom's Yankee Stadium Seating Chart.

I get the van the night before, so we can leave as early as we need to!

Um, haven't even thought about any of that yet. We will work it all out when it gets a little closer. Right now I am busy fixing all the errors on Tom's Yankee Stadium Seating Chart.

did you rent helmets with the little school bus???

sorry that was bad..

max. how much they wackin you for the van??

Archived