Why I despise the Giants.............

BigOrangeJetFan

Been a Jet fan since 1962 (Titans).

Lived in NJ then. Bloomfield/Piscataway later.

NY papers-especially the Daily News never gave the Jets any press. Always Pg 4 in the Sports section. Disrespected the AFL.

Didn't even change much after SBIII.

What's your favorite memory of a Jets victory over the Giants?

Knocking the Giants out of the playoffs the last week of the season in 1988. I believe it was O'Brien to Toon in the final seconds.

Also the 1993? Mabye it was 1994, when the Jets stopped a late drive by the Giants. The aging but still hard-hiting Ronnie Lott made a big play at the end.

Been a Jet fan since 1962 (Titans).

Lived in NJ then. Bloomfield/Piscataway later.

NY papers-especially the Daily News never gave the Jets any press. Always Pg 4 in the Sports section. Disrespected the AFL.

Didn't even change much after SBIII.

What's your favorite memory of a Jets victory over the Giants?

I am in the same boat as you. I hated the GIANTS ever since we won the SB and they were favored to beat us in the YALE BOWL. remember: Dave Roller, Giants DT saying" I am going to steamroll namath". BOOM! Dave Herman ended his short career! Iloved beating them in the first YALE BOWL!

I am in the same baot as you. I hated the GIANTS ever since we won the SB and they were favored to beat us in the YALE BOWL. remember: Dave Roller, Giants DT saying" I am going to steamroll namath". BOOM! Dave Herman ended his short career! Iloved beating them in the first YALE BOWL!

I remember that game and loved it. Remember Mike Battle hurtling over the Giants on a long kick off return. We kicked butt that game.

It's a no-contest for me. Knocking them out of the playoffs in 88. Just seeing the look on Parcells' face after Toon scored the late go ahead TD was priceless.

I had that game on tape, recently lost it, but it was hysterical to see Phil Simms run to the tunnell after the game sticking both middle fingers in the air to the fans on top of the tunnell lol.

I recently watched the game from 1981 and we really beat them up that game too.

Wasn't around yet to see it, but from what I understand the Yale Bowl was a significant win for us too. Supposedly Giant fans were extremely jealous after our SBIII victory, wrote it off as a fluke, and still looked down on us as 2nd fiddle and expected to beat us in the Yale Bowl. So beating them earned us some of their respect.

My worst memory: The 2003 game. AKA The total choas on the sidelines in OT/Doug Brien Jumping Jacks routine. Thank Goodness that circus left town.

It's a no-contest for me. Knocking them out of the playoffs in 88. Just seeing the look on Parcells' face after Toon scored the late go ahead TD was priceless.

I had that game on tape, recently lost it, but it was hysterical to see Phil Simms run to the tunnell after the game sticking both middle fingers in the air to the fans on top of the tunnell lol.

I recently watched the game from 1981 and we really beat them up that game too.

Wasn't around yet to see it, but from what I understand the Yale Bowl was a significant win for us too. Supposedly Giant fans were extremely jealous after our SBIII victory, wrote it off as a fluke, and still looked down on us as 2nd fiddle and expected to beat us in the Yale Bowl. So beating them earned us some of their respect.

My worst memory: The 2003 game. AKA The total choas on the sidelines in OT/Doug Brien Jumping Jacks routine. Thank Goodness that circus left town.

This is an excellent board and you are an excellent poster! I remember that game too. I was living in Santa Clara, Ca and went to OAKLAND to sa sports bar dedicated to the old Oak. Raiders. ( They were in LA at the time). Everything in that bar was RAIDER black. The very few Jets fans had a very small TV to watch that game on BUT we were extremely LOUD when TOON scored that TD! The several Giants fans that were there hung their heads in shame! That was truly a KODAK moment!

Archived