****The Official Jets vs Giants Game Thread****

ECURB

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Help a brother out!

Can I get a quick summary without having to sift through this thread?

Pennington threw a TD to Washington in his first pass. Than our offense didn't do squat for the rest of the half.

Our DEFENSE is completely horribile, preseason or not.

Revis and Harris looked great.

I think LT and C are set for years to come, Moore can be here for awhile too.

I didnt get to see how Moore played, but I dont feel hes our best bet. IMO

The play calling was watered down, so its hard to say HOW bad the offense is.

Thanks guys.

Did Revis start? Who did he cover?..I have no idea

How did Kellen look? Is he threatening for the job?? He threw an INT, but he ran the O well.

No TJ? Nopeee

Any Injuries? Not for the Jets

Why didn't we get 7 off the first TD? Missed PAT

Revis had a lot of great plays tho.

Just wanna quickly run through some post game thoughts...

Bender sucked...Looks like we need to start roaming the waiver wires...

Revis was avg i guess, made some tackles but Im not sure thats a good thing for a 'shutdown CB'.

Our Defense couldnt tackle for SH!T, for the 2nd week in a row.

I watched the game on and off so i missed some plays...But after looking that ugly out there, I dont know how we won.

Just wanna quickly run through some post game thoughts...

Bender sucked...Looks like we need to start roaming the waiver wires...

Revis was avg i guess, made some tackles but Im not sure thats a good thing for a 'shutdown CB'.

Our Defense couldnt tackle for SH!T, for the 2nd week in a row.

I watched the game on and off so i missed some plays...But after looking that ugly out there, I dont know how we won.

Are you serious ?

Are you serious ?
One tackle Revis made on a TE on a 3rd down-he knew EXACTLY where the marker was, and fought like hell to see that the TE didn't get there. You cannot have enough smart players like that. Harris was impressive as well.

Are you serious ?

Yes. CB's are not supposed to be the ones making the tackles because they're not supposed to let the receivers get the ball. I heard or read a quote from a while back and I really liked it, but I forget where I heard or read it or who said it... Anyway, the quote went something like this. "A good cornerback will make a lot of plays, a great cornerback won't give himselt the opportunity to make a play." With the money we are paying Revis, I sure hope he transforms into a great CB! However, it was his 1st game ever and I'm glad he did at least make the tackles.

Yes. Cb's are not supposed to be the ones making the tackles because they're not supposed to let the receivers get the ball. I heard or read a quote from a while back and I really liked it, but I forget where I heard or read it or who said it... Anyway, the quote went something like this. "A good cornerback will make a lot of plays, a great cornerback won't give himself the opportunity to make a play." With the money we are paying Sevis, I sure hope he transforms into a great CB! However, it was his 1st game ever and I'm glad he did at least make the tackles.

Revis knocked down a couple of balls and had a good 5 tackles. Harris along with Revis did pretty damn good.

Revis knocked down a couple of balls and had a good 5 tackles. Harris along with Revis did pretty damn good.

my name's gangreenman, and my hope is that he gets to the point where he plays such good D that the QB doesnt even throw the ball his way, but I admit, for his 1st career NFL game, I liked what I saw.

my name's gingerman, and my hope is that he gets to the point where he plays such good D that the QB doesnt even throw the ball his way, but I admit, for his 1st career NFL game, I liked what I saw.

Eli Manning would be stupid if he doesn't attack a QB, I'm not surprised they threw it to his side a lot. I think Revis and Harris are going to be tremendous players for a looooooong time for this football team.

Archived