How will Bender do tonight?

BigOrangeJetFan

Although it is pre season, think the Giants will stunt/blitz Bender tonight to sack Penny?

Anyone see how he is on run blocking?

Is he mobile?

I've seen him in tc practice, but I haven't really studied him.

A lot of times before, during and after the plays, I would survey the field just to see who was in, so I could keep track of who was getting reps with which unit.

But the times I did see Bender, he looked like he was learning and thinking about what he was doing, more than reacting and playing on instinct.

They started him at out at RT, but moved him to LG for two reasons that I can tell:

-the LG situation

-he was having trouble with the speed coming off the edge.

To my untrained eye, I saw how 2d team DEs were able to take an angle on him and create a passrushing advantage on him that was hard to overcome.

He didnt show the quick first move that could nullify that advantage.

Now, in some ways, playing at guard requires even more quickness than at tackle, because there is less space the DT has to cover, and the guard's first move and point of attack contact are crucial.

So i think, imo that when you watch him tonite, watch how quickly he comes out of the gate at the snap, especially when he has to pull or trap.

We also have to watch how quickly he gets into the pass blocking stance at the snap. The first split section of the play is going to go a long way to his success or not.

As a rookie it is harder to overcome an early mistake on the play- vets understand how to recover during the play.

It should be interesting, but I expect they are going to keep the blocking schemes pretty vanilla. I also expect to see a lot of Clarke too, unless he is so far in the doghouse that he needs a map to get out.

I dont care what anyone says... We were dead last in rushing the ball last season, and maybe that had something to do with Barlow, Blaylock, and Houston, but Kendall was also on the O-Line getting dominated by larger DT's, and I really dont think we can do any worse as far as the run game goes this year. Bender may just become a draft pick that works out for this Jets team.

I suggest that we nominate a designated game watcher to tell us what happened

because the rest of us will be watching Bender.

LOL its true. Once you decide to zero in on someone you may miss some of the other action, but you get a perspective on what they are doing.

I followed revis around his first practice with my binocs, and saw a lot of action away from the ball. Missed some plays, though.

One day I followed Vilma around through the drills to see what one guy went thru to get warmed up. it was pretty cool.

LOL its true. Once you decide to zero in on someone you may miss some of the other action, but you get a perspective on what they are doing.

I followed revis around his first practice with my binocs, and saw a lot of action away from the ball. Missed some plays, though.

One day I followed Vilma around through the drills to see what one guy went thru to get warmed up. it was pretty cool.

Well tonight focus in on Bender and do a a Report on Just Bender... Something like a TC Reports, but just about Bender. 4-real, im serious, I need hope from a guy like you, or I need to know that Bender is not the man for this 07 Jets team... You can watch a replay of the game later on Cane, but as of tonight... Just focus in on Bender for us. Please!

Well tonight focus in on Bender and do a a Report on Just Bender... Something like a TC Reports, but just about Bender. 4-real, im serious, I need hope from a guy like you, or I need to know that Bender is not the man for this 07 Jets team... You can watch a replay of the game later on Cane, but as of tonight... Just focus in on Bender for us. Please!

I'll throw my two cents in, but you guys are just as able to evaluate him as i am. We will all be watching the game.

I had an advantage in reporting tc because I was seeing it and you were not-that advantage is gone now.

I'll throw my two cents in, but you guys are just as able to evaluate him as i am. We will all be watching the game.

I had an advantage in reporting tc because I was seeing it and you were not-that advantage is gone now.

Not for me... I live in FL and wont beable to see the game... I hope I can watch the game on te internet link to SopCast!

Ill tell everyone how Chad did... LOL

Yea 2 weeks ago I did for the A-T-L Game, but for some reason I could not find the Jets game on it. Have u ever tried it? Does it lag? Does it play good? How is it?

The ATL game wasnt on... thats why...

Its OK... better than nothing

Ill tell everyone how Chad did... LOL

LOL

I'll tell you something else I'll do tonite is to listen to the radio call while I watch it on tv. First of all, the announcers are much better on the radio, and also, there is a two-three second delay, so by listening to the radio call, I know where the play is going and can follow it along ahead of time.

It's good when you want to really analyze. I know most people hate doing it and wont let me listen and watch if they are over- but I'll be watching it by myself tonite.

If you can get the game on radio, you should try it.

LOL

I'll tell you something else I'll do tonite is to listen to the radio call while I watch it on tv. First of all, the announcers are much better on the radio, and also, there is a two-three second delay, so by listening to the radio call, I know where the play is going and can follow it along ahead of time.

It's good when you want to really analyze. I know most people hate doing it and wont let me listen and watch if they are over- but I'll be watching it by myself tonite.

That's why we don't allow visitors during the game. That and the fact that seven separate well wishers came over and jinxed us during the Gastineau playoff.

LOL

I have done that before... tonight to be honest Im squeezing the game in with some work... at least I get to watch it at all.. but I will be working on the computer while I do... no radio for me...

Archived