Not Looking So Good..

MikeJetsWord

The more I see the less I like from this Jets team... They havent changed a damn thing since last year. Run Offense still sucks... Both lines are weak and constantly being overpowered.. This looks like it could be a long year.. During preseason this is what you look at the most, and the Jets have shown me very little to be excited for this year..

The more I see the less I like from this Jets team... They havent changed a damn thing since last year. Run Offense still sucks... Both lines are weak and constantly being overpowered.. This looks like it could be a long year.. During preseason this is what you look at the most, and the Jets have shown me very little to be excited for this year..

Both lines are weak and constantly being overpowered..

can you tell, i agree ;-)

They all complain about tc being so tough, but these OL and DL are SOFT

They need more hitting in practice. They arent strong enough to compete right now.

can you tell, i agree ;-)

They all complain about tc being so tough, but these OL and DL are SOFT

They need more hitting in practice. They arent strong enough to compete right now.

Lol.. we have to get new linemen before the start of the season... I never thought I would say this but the loss of Kendall is looking huge tonight.. not saying that if he was here, this team would be flawless but we would be playing at a higher level. Make the Faneca deal happen... no matter what it takes.

Lol.. we have to get new linemen before the start of the season... I never thought I would say this but the loss of Kendall is looking huge tonight.. not saying that if he was here, this team would be flawless but we would be playing at a higher level. Make the Faneca deal happen... no matter what it takes.

I agree about Fanaca and I go nuts when I hear guys say" why spend the money". How about because we need some toughness on our OL!

Exactly... we have the room to make a move like this... The Jets should be all over any linemen cuts over the next few weeks...

They will be...but I am not expecting to find any diamonds. More like a Mosley type, who they picked up last year after cuts. We have to rely on someone else's cut for a starter at this point?

Pretty pathetic

Our O-Line will look better with a healthy T. Jones. They won't look great, but they'll certainly be more sufficient.

Not sure how we can fix the D-Line though.

Playoff bound? Doesn't look like it........ at least not today.

I'll never understand this logic. Getting another RB to run behind an O line that can't run block doesn't help anything. Besides, we are talking about Thonas Jones here, not Gale Sayers.

The D line wasn't that bad in terms of being beaten by the Giant O linemen, rather it was this defense's undersized stature that allows for big backs to run over them. Not much has changed since Bettis ran over the Jets defense in that playoff game. The Jets D got helmets on the Giant RB's, but just couldn't bring them down until afer they dragged players for several yards. The pass rush still remains a problem.

The first big mistake the Tangini's made was trading up for Harris instead of shoring up the O line in this year's draft, and that was true even before the whole Kendall fiasco. They are trying to force feed Bender, and it really isn't fair to the kid. This is the first time he has ever been asked to pass block. He never had to in college. It takes more than a few weeks to get such a green prospect to be ready to pass block in the NFL.

One the bright side, Revis looks like the real deal. Ummmmm......

They were terrible when Kendall was here too.

please don't try to tell me that bender is a better guard than kendall. kendall may not have been all-pro but he was a serviceable veteran, who for the most part kept chadwick upright. i don't know if you noticed but chadwick is neither nimble nor durable in the pocket.

please don't try to tell me that bender is a better guard than kendall. kendall may not have been all-pro but he was a serviceable veteran, who for the most part kept chadwick upright. i don't know if you noticed but chadwick is neither nimble nor durable in the pocket.

Kendall sucks. Bender probably will suck this year. They are in the same situation they were last week, a bad o line.

the draft cannot solve all the problems of the team at once

if they drafted a guard, rest assured the same set of chuckleheads would be here talking about how we can't start Hank Poteat again at CB.

as for the Jets they aren't going to beat anyone straight up, they simply aren't as big or physical as other teams. they can't get a pass rush without blitz.

this is not a secret. Yet they went 10-6 last year.

why? because they are a team of smoke and mirrors - and you aren't going to see smoke and mirrors in the preseason.

note im not saying they will be a juggernaut team but i am saying we need to wait until the regular season before engaging in panic, okay?

ps- make what faneca deal happen? there is no faneca deal except in the delusional minds of Jets fans!

First, I want to say that it's great to see you posting here again Thunderbird. And I mean that sincerely. I've always enjoyed your posts.

Second, I disagree with your first point about running back.

We do not need a Gale Sayers. We do however, need a legit threat at running back. Something we have not had, (sorry Curtis) for a few years now.

Thomas Jones may not be a LaDanian Tomlinson, but he certainly is (albiet healthy, and I pray he is) a legitimate threat who will not only take the pressure off of the O-Line, but off of Chad as well. As as such, I anticipate both positions will improve.

I completely agree with the undersized D-Line and wonder what Mangini is thinking with the hodgepodge 3/4, 4/3 hybrid he's assembled.

But, I'm just a girl, so I'll trust him on that one. :)

Hey, I'd would have liked them to address the O-Line and shore it up as well, but it's not like there was a Steve Hutchinson in this years draft ( heh, inside joke to oldtimers who know me).

As far as Bender, I'm not certain he will be our permanent 2007 starter. I like what Mangini has done for my Jets so far, and I trust he will not go into this season as willy-nilly as some of the fans are.

And Revis, .... yeah, (big smile) looks good so far. :)

I'll never understand this logic. Getting another RB to run behind an O line that can't run block doesn't help anything. Besides, we are talking about Thonas Jones here, not Gale Sayers.

The D line wasn't that bad in terms of being beaten by the Giant O linemen, rather it was this defense's undersized stature that allows for big backs to run over them. Not much has changed since Bettis ran over the Jets defense in that playoff game. The Jets D got helmets on the Giant RB's, but just couldn't bring them down until afer they dragged players for several yards. The pass rush still remains a problem.

The first big mistake the Tangini's made was trading up for Harris instead of shoring up the O line in this year's draft, and that was true even before the whole Kendall fiasco. They are trying to force feed Bender, and it really isn't fair to the kid. This is the first time he has ever been asked to pass block. He never had to in college. It takes more than a few weeks to get such a green prospect to be ready to pass block in the NFL.

One the bright side, Revis looks like the real deal. Ummmmm......

Our O-Line will look better with a healthy T. Jones. They won't look great, but they'll certainly be more sufficient.

Not sure how we can fix the D-Line though.

Playoff bound? Doesn't look like it........ at least not today.

if they drafted a guard, rest assured the same set of chuckleheads would be here talking about how we can't start Hank Poteat again at CB.

as for the Jets they aren't going to beat anyone straight up, they simply aren't as big or physical as other teams. they can't get a pass rush without blitz.

why? because they are a team of smoke and mirrors - and you aren't going to see smoke and mirrors in the preseason.

note im not saying they will be a juggernaut team but i am saying we need to wait until the regular season before engaging in panic, okay?

ps- make what faneca deal happen? there is no faneca deal except in the delusional minds of Jets fans!

I haven't heard many complaints about trading up for Revis.... I think most fans with a clue knew we had to get big time help at CB after the Pats playoff game with an injured Dyson and Barrett, but Harris? THAT was where they royally F'd up. That is true even if Kendall were still here. my guess is that that intend to let Vilma go..... and drafted Harris as his replacement for the 2008 or 2009 season. I like long term thinking, but not at the cost of having one of the worst O lines in the NFL. And make no mistake, this IS one of the worst O lines in the NFL.... amoung the bottom quarter of the league. It takes 5 ... we have TWO. 8-8 if we are lucky this year. Pennington is a lock to get injured. Maybe that is part of the long term thinking.... get Pennigton killed so they can start Clemens.....

They had chances ALL THROUGHOUT free agency to add players who could've made them better along both the o and d lines and they took a pass.

They had chances ALL THROUGHOUT free agency to add players who could've made them better along both the o and d lines and they took a pass.

call spending 20 mil on Coleman taking a pass?

as for OL the free agents there sucked. Steinbach and Dockery got left tackle money and the Jets just gave out left tackle money last year.

First, I want to say that it's great to see you posting here again Thunderbird. And I mean that sincerely. I've always enjoyed your posts.

Second, I disagree with your first point about running back.

We do not need a Gale Sayers. We do however, need a legit threat at running back. Something we have not had, (sorry Curtis) for a few years now.

Thomas Jones may not be a LaDanian Tomlinson, but he certainly is (albiet healthy, and I pray he is) a legitimate threat who will not only take the pressure off of the O-Line, but off of Chad as well. As as such, I anticipate both positions will improve.

I completely agree with the undersized D-Line and wonder what Mangini is thinking with the hodgepodge 3/4, 4/3 hybrid he's assembled.

But, I'm just a girl, so I'll trust him on that one. :)

Hey, I'd would have liked them to address the O-Line and shore it up as well, but it's not like there was a Steve Hutchinson in this years draft ( heh, inside joke to oldtimers who know me).

As far as Bender, I'm not certain he will be our permanent 2007 starter. I like what Mangini has done for my Jets so far, and I trust he will not go into this season as willy-nilly as some of the fans are.

And Revis, .... yeah, (big smile) looks good so far. :)

I guess we can agree to disagree on this one! ;)

Any offense works or doesn't work based on the O line. This O line does not work. It didn't work last year, and on that, I agree with bitonti.... it WAS smoke and mirrors. But, at this point, teams have learned to play our WR's tight, take away the short stuff, and send blitzers because we can't run the ball.... the best we can do is try to counter these aggressive D's with screens and other smoke and mirror kinds of plays. Forget 7 step drops and long passes, not in a real game against another team's first string defense.

The reason Pennington got picked twice last week was because teams are playing their LB's and CB's up close. Those safe dump off passes aren't safe anymore, because teams are rready to defend against them, and those safe plays are now dangerous plays that opposing D's can turn into 6 points.

I am generally an optomist.... I won a lot of money betting people on how many wins the Jets would get last year. This year.... I'm not touching that sort of bet. This is going to be another tough year for Jets fans. This year is a step back before taking 3 forward next year. Unfotunately, Thomas Jones won't be following John the Baptist around the desert behind an O line that couldn't find an oasis if they fell into one and drowned.

I am generally an optomist.... I won a lot of money betting people on how many wins the Jets would get last year. This year.... I'm not touching that sort of bet. This is going to be another tough year for Jets fans.

i tend to agree with that statement but lets see how the season goes... they are a tougher team than most realize, oh and by the way they won tonight. even if you want to focus on the first half it was 12-6 not 60-0.

Harris is a serious player, i can't agree with that statement. They will be better with him than without him.

I'm not knocking Harris here.... at all. I like him as a player. However, for this year and beyond, I stick by my opinion.... trading up for him at the expense of ignoring the O line in the draft was a mistake and actually hurt this team more than Harris can help it.

Archived