Not Looking So Good..

MikeJetsWord

call spending 20 mil on Coleman taking a pass?

as for OL the free agents there sucked. Steinbach and Dockery got left tackle money and the Jets just gave out left tackle money last year.

Coleman was a question mark at best and a blatent overpay at worst. This team could've used adalius thomas in a BIG way and going into this season with 3 CRAP players on the o line was something i saw coming from a mile away.

I

The reason Pennington got picked twice last week was because teams are playing their LB's and CB's up close. Those safe dump off passes aren't safe anymore, because teams are rready to defend against them, and those safe plays are now dangerous plays that opposing D's can turn into 6 points.

Keep in mind that we did not have a legitimate threat in the backfield in that game either. I love Leon as well, but c'mon, think about it.

Keep in mind that we did not have a legitimate threat in the backfield in that game either. I love Leon as well, but c'mon, think about it.

Leon is a legit threat. If you think Jones is gonna be all that much better without this Oline having a big time turnaround I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I have. Houston was better between the tackles than TJ is. Leon is faster and shiftier than TJ is. TJ can do both things, but neither as well as Houston or Leon. He brings versatilty.... but he still can't fly over defenders..... and that is what it will take to run effectively behind this O line. If you don't think Washington is a legit running threat... than neither is any smaller fast RB, Reggie Bush included.

I've been to TC... I've watched this line, I've watched these RB's. My conclusion: Thomas Jones will not make the Jets running game significantly better than it was last year. An improvement, yes, significantly better, no, not at all.

Leon is a legit threat. If you think Jones is gonna be all that much better without this Oline having a big time turnaround I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Mike, I love Leon. But no, I do not think he is an every down back.

Sorry.

I just hope T. Jones is healthy, because I love the one/two punch, potential of Jones/Washington.

And yes, I believe the O-Line will improve with a healthy Tom Jones/(Leon Washington, (for you, :)) backfield.

I have. Houston was better between the tackles than TJ is. Leon is faster and shiftier than TJ is. TJ can do both things, but neither as well as Houston or Leon. He brings versatilty.... but he still can't fly over defenders..... and that is what it will take to run effectively behind this O line. If you don't think Washington is a legit running threat... than neither is any smaller fast RB, Reggie Bush included.

I've been to TC... I've watched this line, I've watched these RB's. My conclusion: Thomas Jones will not make the Jets running game significantly better than it was last year. An improvement, yes, significantly better, no, not at all.

Look, I love Leon, and I not only think he is a legit running threat, I think he is a wonderful #2 punch. Yes, number 2# punch. (settle down now my Southern brethen, lol)

Again, I am not saying that Thomas Jones is "LaDanian Thomlinson" or anything of the sort. But, he is the legit, (no offense to Leon, Cedric, Curtis, or whoever) running back that we have desperately needed. And YES, it is more favorable than what we had hoped for last year, as well as the year before.

Thomas Jones may not be a superstar, (and most of us are not expected him to be one), but, HELLO JETS FANS....our last decent running game was when?????

Look, I love Leon, and I not only think he is a legit running threat, I think he is a wonderful #2 punch. Yes, number 2# punch. (settle down now my Southern brethen, lol)

Again, I am not saying that Thomas Jones is "LaDanian Thomlinson" or anything of the sort. But, he is the legit, (no offense to Leon, Cedric, Curtis, or whoever) running back that we have desperately needed. And YES, it is more favorable than what we had hoped for last year, as well as the year before.

Thomas Jones may not be a superstar, (and most of us are not expected him to be one), but, HELLO JETS FANS....our last decent running game was when?????

The last decent running game was because of the Oline. You're overrating what Jones can do himself.

The last decent running game was because of the Oline. You're overrating what Jones can do himself.

I don't think I am Mike.

Listen, I completely understand how important the O-Line is.

If you ask around, especially the draftniks, about how important I feel the O-Line is, I'm sure they'll agree. :)

Archived