The Official, Eric Mangini if you read this PLEASE

ECURB

If you read this Eric Mangini, PLEASE keep Wadsworth for at least the next pre-season game... the man has talent... let him get his groove back...

He just got a sack and a forced fumble...

Dont let him go in the 1st round of cuts...

It will also be a GREAT story if he makes the team. And if he doesn't, hopefully he makes it somewhere else.

Seems like he has the talent... he is just rusty... I say hold on to him... the man was top 5 draft pick talent...

Jesus ecurb, look at how many posts you have in the game thread :confused0061:

Who Posted?

Total Posts: 817

User Name Posts

ecurb2369 235

Ghost 170

Irish Jet 93

Ryno the Jet 38

jetheelz 31

Jetcane 23

DefenseWinsChampionships 23

DireJet38 20

Bill Parcells 17

Barton 17

Jet Moses 15

KSJets 12

BUM-KNEE 11

Bugg 10

McGraw38 9

raffyD 8

chadharmamoon 8

GimmeShelter 8

Damaged89 8

NJ 7

bender31200 7

MikeJetsWord 7

TaborJet 6

El Gringo Loco 4

penningtonfan82 4

GreenBeans 3

SpartanJet 3

aec4 3

SickJetFan 2

ThisYearsModel 2

drums 2

BwanaZulia 1

NY Jets Guy 1

K-Rhodes25 1

StillerPaul 1

balihai 1

Johnnybones 1

Lady Jet 1

GLH222 1

CobraVerde 1

Boozer76 1

EM31 1

Show Thread & Close Window

Jesus ecurb, look at how many posts you have in the game thread :confused0061:

Who Posted?

Total Posts: 817

User Name Posts

ecurb2369 235

Ghost 170

Irish Jet 93

Ryno the Jet 38

jetheelz 31

Jetcane 23

DefenseWinsChampionships 23

DireJet38 20

Bill Parcells 17

Barton 17

Jet Moses 15

Skyjets 12

BUM-KNEE 11

Bugg 10

McGraw38 9

daffyd 8

chadharmamoon 8

Gimme Shelter 8

Damaged89 8

NJ 7

bender31200 7

MikeJetsWord 7

Taboret 6

El Gringo Loco 4

penningtonfan82 4

Green Beans 3

Spartan Jet 3

aec4 3

SickJetFan 2

ThisYearsModel 2

drums 2

BwanaZulia 1

NY Jets Guy 1

K-Rhodes25 1

Stiller Paul 1

bali hai 1

Johnny bones 1

Lady Jet 1

GLH222 1

Cobra Verde 1

Boozer76 1

EM31 1

Show Thread & Close Window

He's unbelievable.

If you read this Eric Mangini, PLEASE keep Wadsworth for at least the next pre-season game... the man has talent... let him get his groove back...

He just got a sack and a forced fumble...

Dont let him go in the 1st round of cuts...

OK.. I'll play... Eric, if you are reading this, please start Kellen over Chad. As a fan, it sure is nice to see a reciever hit in stride! Even the int would have hit the receiver in stride. On Chad to Leon, if he wasn't wide open, it would have been incomplete! And the Chad to McCairens later in the first quarter was broken up after Justin had to slow down for the ball.

OK.. I'll play... Eric, if you are reading this, please start Kellen over Chad. As a fan, it sure is nice to see a reciever hit in stride! Even the int would have hit the receiver in stride. On Chad to Leon, if he wasn't wide open, it would have been incomplete! And the Chad to McCairens later in the first quarter was broken up after Justin had to slow down for the ball.

GandWFan, if your reading this, **** OFF!!!

regards, Eric mangini.

That was pass INT... it was a perfect throw... right in his chest...

That was pass INT... it was a perfect throw... right in his chest...

I'll take a passer that get's picked off on a pass like that than a qb who can't put the ball in the hands of playmakers past 5 yards without the reciever waiting for the ball. That is what mades Elway, Farve, Marino, Namath so much fun to watch. It didn't matter what the score was, you were never out of the game. When Kellen learns to look off the saftey better, that's a touchdown!

Rex Grossman, Kyle Boller, Ryan Leaf.

Shall I go on.

Please do... Rex Grossman is going to be a good QB! An what make you think that Kellen is going to be a bust like the other 2 you mentioned? He hasn't even played yet!

Did you like the first half performance? Get used to it. Wth 8 men in the box and no respect for anything but quick slants, it's going to be a long season. Enjoy

Please do... Rex Grossman is going to be a good QB! An what make you think that Kellen is going to be a bust like the other 2 you mentioned? He hasn't even played yet!

Did you like the first half performance? Get used to it. Wth 8 men in the box and no respect for anything but quick slants, it's going to be a long season. Enjoy

What makes u think Kellen is gonna save the day??? I keep wondering why everyone thinks he's gonna be superman when he's only proven he's good verses a 2nd string D. He hasn't played in Chad's shoes yet, and he probably would have done the same thing, maybe worse after the way the OL was.

What makes u think Kellen is gonna save the day??? I keep wondering why everyone thinks he's gonna be superman when he's only proven he's good verses a 2nd string D. He hasn't played in Chad's shoes yet, and he probably would have done the same thing, maybe worse after the way the OL was.

A couple of reasons... he can move a bit, so he can buy some time by moving out of the pocket. He is accurate, has a quick release, and is able to hit receivers in stride on the medium to long passes. That is not a function of the quality of the opposing defense. If he can threaten the perimeter with his arm, he will loosen the run defense.

And if he can't deliver, then at least we know our priority for the next off-season.

I've seen Chad... I am tired of screaming at my TV!

First of all, you dont know that Rex will be a good QB, he hasnt exactly re-assured me so far.

Secondly Im not saying Clemens will end up a bust, I hope to God he wont be. The point Im making is:

Being able to make all the throws does not = A good QB.

You listed QB's who were great QB's, I simply countered that by naming some who arent.

Quite simply, your own comment says it all. "He hasn't even played yet", meaning that you should not get so high on him so early. Wait until he has played against tough opposition and proven himself before you fall in love with the guy.

First of all, you dont know that Rex will be a good QB, he hasnt exactly re-assured me so far.

Secondly Im not saying Clemens will end up a bust, I hope to God he wont be. The point Im making is:

You listed QB's who were great QB's, I simply countered that by naming some who arent.

Quite simply, your own comment says it all. "He hasn't even played yet", meaning that you should not get so high on him so early. Wait until he has played against tough opposition and proven himself before you fall in love with the guy.

That's exactly what I was saying.

I'm not in love with the guy. I see some potential, and I don't see that in Chad. Look, I h=know that it is tough. After 2002 we all though Chad was the second coming. But it hasn't worked out, and the sooner we face the cold hard facts, the sooner we can find the guy who can take us to the promised land. Maybe that guy is Kellen, maybe not. But until Chad steps asside, we will not move forward. Just my opinion...

I'm not in love with the guy. I see some potential, and I don't see that in Chad. Look, I h=know that it is tough. After 2002 we all though Chad was the second coming. But it hasn't worked out, and the sooner we face the cold hard facts, the sooner we can find the guy who can take us to the promised land. Maybe that guy is Kellen, maybe not. But until Chad steps asside, we will not move forward. Just my opinion...

With Tom Brady on the OTHER team, it's not going to be easy to do this, but I think with Chad's leadship skills, the way he played for this team last year, and a bit better OL, we have a shot. Yes I will put myself out on a limb and say that. THE JETS HAVE A SHOT with CHAD PENNINGTON. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I think we have a good chance with Chad, and so does Mangini.

I'm not doubting Chad I never have, I never will, I really feel he has what it takes to get this team to where Namath took it, that's saying a lot. I trust Chad to do that. I can't trust anyone who hasn't gone out there and beat teams no one expected him to beat, not yet anyway, to take us to somewhere he has no experience getting to, that person being Kellen. I'm not saying he's good, or bad, because I don't know, but, I would take Chad over most QB's, to get us there.

With Tom Brady on the OTHER team, it's not going to be easy to do this, but I think with Chad's leadship skills, the way he played for this team last year, and a bit better OL, we have a shot. Yes I will put myself out on a limb and say that. THE JETS HAVE A SHOT with CHAD PENNINGTON. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I think we have a good chance with Chad, and so does Mangini.

Well, I guess we will have to agree to disagree... Chad's leadership is great, but it won't put the ball int the hands of a streaking receiver 35 yards downfield between a corner, safety and over the linbackers.

Did you watch the same game I did tonight? After that first pass, Chad looked like a deer in the headlights. We need someone with balls, who will dare to throw into the teeth of a good defense, not a qb who is afraid to make a mistake. Maybe Penny is too smart, thinking instead of playing football.

I'm not doubting Chad I never have, I never will, I really feel he has what it takes to get this team to where Namath took it, that's saying a lot. I trust Chad to do that. I can't trust anyone who hasn't gone out there and beat teams no one expected him to beat, not yet anyway, to take us to somewhere he has no experience getting to, that person being Kellen. I'm not saying he's good, or bad, because I don't know, but, I would take Chad over most QB's, to get us there.

Well Chad hadnt done that either until he replaced Vinny in 02...

Look, Im not saying its time to dump Chad, but it is time to give KC a shot with the 1st teamers... Maybe have him play with the 1st and 2nd teams next week instead of Pennington and see how he does.

You know, I was watching the Patriots game last night (and getting depressed). I know peaple trash Brady on this site, and think that Penny is in the same class as Brady. I wish it were true, but it's not. Pennington "takes what the defense gives him" which is usually a dump off pass. Brady takes what he wants and dares the defense to stop him. That is what we need. A qb who is not afraid to fail. Wtihout that fearlessness, you can't beat the top defenses. Looking into Pennys eyes when he faces a good defense, he doesn't have it... Sorry

You know, I was watching the Patriots game last night (and getting depressed). I know peaple trash Brady on this site, and think that Penny is in the same class as Brady. I wish it were true, but it's not. Pennington "takes what the defense gives him" which is usually a dump off pass. Brady takes what he wants and dares the defense to stop him. That is what we need. A qb who is not afraid to fail. Wtihout that fearlessness, you can't beat the top defenses. Looking into Pennys eyes when he faces a good defense, he doesn't have it... Sorry

true dat. i saw clemens, brady, and delhome throw td passes that noodle arm is incapable of throwing. dink and duck ain't gonna get er done.....

Archived