If they start Clemens, then start Ware, too

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ware: 15 attempts 57 yds 3.8 av 16 longest

Leon: 7 attempts 6 yds 0.9 av 2 longest

Do you care that Ware did it against the second team and leon faced the first team defense?

Who cares if its preseason, these numbers arent even close

I didnt see leon single handedly rush the team to a TD like Ware did.

It is so obvious. Leon is old, Ware is new.

The OL blocks better for Ware, because they have pep when he comes in.

Leon will never take this team to a SB. Ware will.

Dont give me that its only preseason, the performances were like night and day.

Now, wanna talk about Clemens vs Pennington?

The difference is that Leon and Jones don't completely suck ass in the regular season like Chad does.

If this debate were based solely on the preseason, it would be stupid. It's not. It's based on the mediocre level of play from the QB position that we have had since the Oakland playoff game in January 2003.

In my opinion, ERIC will play the "best" player available at a position. Ware is far from being the best RB on the team. Kellen is rapidly getting closer to CHAD in terms of command of the offense and has a bit more physically to offer then CHAD. Being fair, a QB must make plays no matter what players he is facing. Aside from Leon's TD, what did Sir Chadwick do but pout of the sidelines? What did Sir CHADWICK do after Neon Leon shredded the GIANTS on that "TD"? Please answer.

IMO guys ought to stop aligning in different camps on the issue and be darn happy that Kellen has developed as well as he has so far. Jetcane, you were the guy who said that Kellen has NOT played with the starters in camp. Being fair, did you think he would have great timing with his receivers if he started with the FIRST TEAM instead of Chad?

The TEAM is named: JETS!

In my opinion, ERIC will play the "best" player available at a position. Ware is far from being the best RB on the team. Kellen is rapidly getting closer to CHAD in terms of command of the offense and has a bit more physically to offer then CHAD. Being fair, a QB must make plays no matter what players he is facing. Aside from Leon's TD, what did Sir Chadwick do but pout of the sidelines? What did Sir CHADWICK do after Neon Leon shredded the GIANTS on that "TD"? Please answer.

IMO guys ought to stop aligning in different camps on the issue and be darn happy that Kellen has developed as well as he has so far. Jetcane, you were the guy who said that Kellen has NOT played with the starters in camp. Being fair, did you think he would have great timing with his receivers if he started with the FIRST TEAM instead of Chad?

The TEAM is named: JETS!

Some of you have kinda gone a little over the top lately with the QB thing. ;-)

Surely you remember the controversy when Matt Robinson/Richard Todd were around. That ended up causing the team to be set back and was divisive.

"The TEAM is named: JETS!"

I havent changed my position at all:

I stick with whoever this HC names as the QB. I still think he and Shotty are in a better position than I am to make that decision.

Whoever they name, I support, and if they make a change, I support it.

That is all.

There is a major difference between the regular season play of Chad Pennington and Leon Washington Jetcane.

Although, I will say this for Ware: I am very comfortable having this guy has our #3 back.

the way this offensive line is playing who will not matter who is back there

Absolutely.

And although TJ is an upgrade at rb, the biggest reason why the Jets had trouble running the ball last season was the OL.

Last night Leon had what, 6 yds on 7 carries against the first string D?

Doesnt matter who the skill position players are. If the guys in the trenches cant get it done, it's an uphill battle.

Absolutely.

And although TJ is an upgrade at rb, the biggest reason why the Jets had trouble running the ball last season was the OL.

Doesnt matter who the skill position players are. If the guys in the trenches cant get it done, it's an uphill battle.

Exactly. Why bring in TJ if there are going to be zippo holes to run through? A RB can just do so much by himself.

Exactly. Why bring in TJ if there are going to be zippo holes to run through? A RB can just do so much by himself.

why even bother playing the games?

they should just forfeit all the games, release all the games and scuttle the franchise

Surely you remember the controversy when Matt Robinson/Richard Todd were around. That ended up causing the team to be set back and was divisive.

I stick with whoever this HC names as the QB. I still think he and Shotty are in a better position than I am to make that decision.

That is all.

Excuse me. I thought that the purpose of these boards was to discuss differing opinions among fellow Jets fans.. Now because they do not coincide with yours, they are "over the top".

My opinion is that the TEAM comes first! I am the guy who stated: I do not care which QB leads us to a SB win, as long as it happens soon! I do not blindly follow the HC's decisions, as some of us are saying! If I think differently them he does, he is the ultimate authority but he always isn't right. What do I know? I am only a fan. He has the power and input. Yet, here, I "thought' we could discuss our opinions! If Kellen ultimately shows he is ready to go and CHAD continues as he has been playing and throwing per YOUR reports, we should NOT feel that Kellen should play because you and Mangini decree that?

Excuse me. I thought that the purpose of these boards was to discuss differing opinions among fellow Jets fans.. Now because they do not coincide with yours, they are "over the top".

My opinion is that the TEAM comes first! I am the guy who stated: I do not care which QB leads us to a SB win, as long as it happens soon! I do not blindly follow the HC's decisions, as some of us are saying! If I think differently them he does, he is the ultimate authority but he always isn't right. What do I know? I am only a fan. He has the power and input. Yet, here, I "thought' we could discuss our opinions! If Kellen ultimately shows he is ready to go and CHAD continues as he has been playing and throwing per YOUR reports, we should NOT feel that Kellen should play because you and Mangini decree that?

Yes, mangini decrees who plays. I am with him on the QB decision. I decree nothing as far as who should play qb.

When he determines it's time to go with Clemens, i wont second guess that decision. You are entitled to second guess his decision to go with CP, but when you start using exclamation points and caps, yes, it's a good indication of going over the top to make your point.

I do think Clemens could step in if he gets the nod, but I am not going to get exercised on a mb about it.

Yes, mangini decrees who plays. I am with him on the QB decision. I decree nothing as far as who should play qb.

When he determines it's time to go with Clemens, i wont second guess that decision. You are entitled to second guess his decision to go with CP, but when you start using exclamation points and caps, yes, it's a good indication of going over the top to make your point.

I do think Clemens could step in if he gets the nod, but I am not going to get exercised on a mb about it.

so now we have to watch our punctuation and grammer! Enough JC! stick to TC reports! LOL Go Jets!

so now we have to watch our punctuation and grammer! Enough JC! stick to TC reports! LOL Go Jets!

You dont have to watch anything. I know you've been on a tirade all week.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to comment on it.

I dont tell you to stick to posting articles, do I?

Do you care that Ware did it against the second team and leon faced the first team defense?

Unfortunately I totally agree. That is why they should start Clemens and Ware against some first team d this preseason to see what both can do.

Look, we start out against the Patriots and then the Ravens 2 VERY tough opponents-there's a chance guys, (and get ready for it just in case) that we start out at 0-2. We then have Miami at home and then the Bills in Buffalo-two winnable but also tough games-don't underestimate Cam Cameron's offensive prowess, and Buffalo at home is a mutha.

OK, say the worst case screnario happens and we are in last place by October guess what guys-Clemens WILL start. Mangini has been in a system where an established starting vet was replaced by an untested player and that worked out OK.I TRUST THIS HEAD COACH GUYS!!! Trust him to do what is best for this organization.

Look, we start out against the Patriots and then the Ravens 2 VERY tough opponents-there's a chance guys, (and get ready for it just in case) that we start out at 0-2. We then have Miami at home and then the Bills in Buffalo-two winnable but also tough games-don't underestimate Cam Cameron's offensive prowess, and Buffalo at home is a mutha.

OK, say the worst case screnario happens and we are in last place by October guess what guys-Clemens WILL start. Mangini has been in a system where an established starting vet was replaced by an untested player and that worked out OK.I TRUST THIS HEAD COACH GUYS!!! Trust him to do what is best for this organization.

You're right on target about that possible schedule start (0-2) and the Ills could easily be 0-3 and loaded for bear when we come into the Ralph. If we (GFB) are 0-4 then it becomes veeeeery interesting.

You're right on target about that possible schedule start (0-2) and the Ills could easily be 0-3 and loaded for bear when we come into the Ralph. If we (GFB) are 0-4 then it becomes veeeeery interesting.

I don't actually think we're starting out 0-2 TJ but if we do I trust Mangini will play the best players regardless of WHO they are, how long they've been around...if it means rookies-he'll do it

Sorry Jetcane but this is such a terrible argument its like I'm reading something DWC would type....

Chad Pennington is 31 and has no room for improvement. KC and Leon are both going into their second year and we have no idea what their ceiling is. Thats the difference.

Sorry Jetcane but this is such a terrible argument its like I'm reading something DWC would type....

Chad Pennington is 31 and has no room for improvement. KC and Leon are both going into their second year and we have no idea what their ceiling is. Thats the difference.

JC forgot that he wrote that CHAD was not throwing all that well in his camp summation. We are all Jets fans and wantto win a SB.

JC forgot that he wrote that CHAD was not throwing all that well in his camp summation. We are all Jets fans and wantto win a SB.

JC wrote this and I am grateful for his contributions:

QB- Pennington has had some ups and downs; he has looked sharp during most of the practices, but also has been kept under wraps during camp. His throws have been mostly on target in the short game and the mid-range passes, but there has been a conspicuous absence of downfield throws by him. It remains to be seen if this is to prevent New England from seeing him air it out before Week 1, or is it because he just can

Absolutely.

Jetcane, I am in total agreement with your reasoning. If the OL doesn't do it's job, it doesn't matter who the RB or QB are.

Of course it's a flawed argument! The whole thing was written tongue in cheek, and it was just putting the bait out there for the Clemens supporters. Do you really think I want Ware to play over Leon?

Some of you have mistaken my posts as saying I WANT CP to start. That's not the case.

I thought I made it clear that in this situation, I am supporting the CS decision as to who to start at QB, and that my support applies even if they announce tomorrow that Clemens will be the starter. I'm okay with what they do here, because I see the positives in both situations.

Edit- YEP at G&WForever. Gotta win in the trenches.

Of course it's a flawed argument! The whole thing was written tongue in cheek, and it was just putting the bait out there for the Clemens supporters. Do you really think I want Ware to play over Leon?

Some of you have mistaken my posts as saying I WANT CP to start. That's not the case.

I thought I made it clear that in this situation, I am supporting the CS decision as to who to start at QB, and that my support applies even if they announce tomorrow that Clemens will be the starter. I'm okay with what they do here, because I see the positives in both situations.

Edit- YEP at G&WForever. Gotta win in the trenches.

The response to your thread had me crackin up today JC... good stuff! People have a hard time telling if your joking... and its funny to watch!

On a serious note:

I really dont want Chad to see a single snap in the last pre-season game... there is no point with the Oline the way it is... lets see what Clemens has...

Ware on the other hand... he can suit up at half time... :)

Jetcane's argument makes sense.Leon couldn't run against the Giant's first defense beacuse our Ol stunk it up. Pennington couldn't get anything going because the OL was doing nothing to protect him.

Ware and Clemens played well against the Giant's second team defense.

Not comparing apples to apples.

That is all.

IDK, there are guys here that would have you beleive otherwise.

The response to your thread had me crackin up today JC... good stuff! People have a hard time telling if your joking... and its funny to watch!

:)

Whats really funny is I also posted this on another board (not JI) and some people got the sarcasm and others freaked out. Then those who got it were

ragging on those who didnt.

Even funnier, after i posted that it was kind of a satire, and i didnt really want Ware to play ahead of leon, other posters STILL took it seriously and went on and on about it. LMAO