best fall foliage lodging?

joewilly

we're lookin for the best places to stay to hike & see the fall foliage from sept 29th to oct 13th

thanks in advance all

note to green dna:I said foliage, not cleavage

Oops sorry, I didn't see that last line till just now,........ never mind. :P

we're lookin for the best places to stay to hike & see the fall foliage from sept 29th to oct 13th

thanks in advance all

2 weeks of foliage???? That's a lot of leaf peeping. I opted for the cleavage myself and went to Punta Cana.

thanks in advance all

Where are you thinking of going? Vermont, NH, NY state, etc?

I just sent that link over to the boss in the kitchen...we have been thinking about doing the same thing joewilly is doing. I DO want to catch up with greenbeans Jetheelz and you SJ for the game I'm going to miss down here on my DTV...that Italian restaurant you guys all go to sounds like the place to be...

thanks in advance all

Hey Joe --

If your wife wants to post here just have her create her own account. Having her start these threads under your username is kind of embarassing!

thanks in advance all

How far north you going?

Vermont is awesome in the fall. lemme know if thats where you're headed.

thanks in advance all

I've been to the White mountains of New Hampshire in October before for the fall foliage, and it's an amazing site to see. I've never seen anything like it. when the sun hits those mountains while you're in the shade it is absolutely amazing.

FYI, make sure you make reservations ahead of time. everything is usually sold out at that time up there.

I just sent that link over to the boss in the kitchen...we have been thinking about doing the same thing joewilly is doing. I DO want to catch up with greenbeans Jetheelz and you SJ for the game I'm going to miss down here on my DTV...that Italian restaurant you guys all go to sounds like the place to be...

Come on up and see us, SoFla - it's a nice little place to watch the games. You'll have to bring your guitar for half time, though. ;)

PS - joewilly, I'd go with SJ's idea - NC mountains are beautiful...

The valley I live in has the best fall foliage I've seen. A friend from Hawaii was here at peak foliage time a few years ago and said it was the most beautiful place he had ever seen.

If the Catskill Mountains interest you, let me know and I'll find you some lodging places to check out.

Come on up and see us, SoFla - it's a nice little place to watch the games. You'll have to bring your guitar for half time, though. ;)

PS - joewilly, I'd go with SJ's idea - NC mountains are beautiful...

I want to-it all depends on the cash situation-we took a beating with my daughter's car being such a POS...we were renting cars so she could use ours...we'll see-whatever the boss out there in the kitchen says-you know how that goes GB

The valley I live in has the best fall foliage I've seen. A friend from Hawaii was here at peak foliage time a few years ago and said it was the most beautiful place he had ever seen.

If the Catskill Mountains interest you, let me know and I'll find you some lodging places to check out.

I'd second that - Delaware Co. and the surrounding area of NY is a beautiful place to be in the fall.

I want to-it all depends on the cash situation-we took a beating with my daughter's car being such a POS...we were renting cars so she could use ours...we'll see-whatever the boss out there in the kitchen says-you know how that goes GB

I know exactly what you mean, SoFla - we just bought a new car because mine blew up. The boss in the kitchen picked it out - I had very little imput. :D

I'd second that - Delaware Co. and the surrounding area of NY is a beautiful place to be in the fall.

I know exactly what you mean, SoFla - we just bought a new car because mine blew up. The boss in the kitchen picked it out - I had very little imput. :D

it's a woman's world GB-we're only living in it

Mrs Willy,

No way would Joe ever come off as being that masculine. Please adjust your posts accordingly if you want them to be believable.

:character42:

dear max, joe has told me much about you. enroute to leaf peeping, I will ask the pilot to touchdown in nyc long enough for me to bitchslap you with joe's testicles. fyi, this is quite different from being teabagged

regards, mrs willy

I like the Green Mountain Inn in Stowe, VT. Not as expensive as one would think, and it's right in town. Up the Mtn. Road, The Gables Inn. Cozy, and they make a mean breakfast. It overlooks the Recreation Trail.

Stowe absolutely rocks. it's one of my favorite places ever.

get off the interstate and drive up Route 100 from Woodstock to Stowe.

If you are looking to splurge on top o the line accomodations, check out Topnotch at Stowe, and tell 'em Cane sent you.

Catskills are beautiful,,I was just up there and also over in Cairo for a family visit...

Yup, Vermont is BEAUTIFUL during foliage - unfortunately you have to deal with people that actually live there. Think Cambridge Massachusetts but 50%worse. Stick a save the whales sticker on the back of your rented Suburu, be sure to wear your birkenstocks, tie a recycling bin to the ski racks and eat organic only - oh, and make suire your wife doesn't shave - you'll fit right in with the locals. Still, it is a great place for a few days.

Take a Drive to Northwest Massachusetts - an easy enough drive from Vermont. I highly recommend Williamstown. Plenty of fine hotels and B&B's.

NH is a must for foliage. Franconia Notch, North Conway, Jackson. Anywhere in the Mt. Washington Valley area - you will not be disappointed.

Be sure to take out a few Massh0lese on the way up, they drive like maniacs!

Whatever you do ... do not go to ben and jerry's factory, biggest tourist trap in Vermont

another place to consider is the Balsams resort in NH, outstanding food and golf.

Yes the "native" vermonter women do not shave their armpits, but they did do not have mustaches like our neighbors below us!

Be sure to take out a few Massh0lese on the way up, they drive like maniacs!

Whatever you do ... do not go to ben and jerry's factory, biggest tourist trap in Vermont

another place to consider is the Balsams resort in NH, outstanding food and golf.

Yes the "native" vermonter women do not shave their armpits, but they did do not have mustaches like our neighbors below us!

Incorrect, Assmop. The women below that disgusting state of yours tend to be much more vain than those natural gals you have up there. What does that mean? It means they tend to themselves. Manicures, pedicures, waxing, buffing and puffing, baby. Vermont women think tending to themselves is taking a shower every other day.:P

That said, Vermont is pretty and nice to visit for three days maximum.

Balsalms Resort does kick butt. I told Joe to play 18 at the Nrth Conway Country Club - one of the prettiest public courses I've ever played. In the white Moutians valley - playing there in the middle of foliage season is surreal. It's like your part of a postcard picture.

Incorrect, Assmop. The women below that disgusting state of yours tend to be much more vain than those natural gals you have up there. What does that mean? It means they tend to themselves. Manicures, pedicures, waxing, buffing and puffing, baby. Vermont women think tending to themselves is taking a shower every other day.:P

That said, Vermont is pretty and nice to visit for three days maximum.

Balsalms Resort does kick butt. I told Joe to play 18 at the Nrth Conway Country Club - one of the prettiest public courses I've ever played. In the white Moutians valley - playing there in the middle of foliage season is surreal. It's like your part of a postcard picture.

I hear ya, but all the buffing and puffing doesn't hide the mustache

Never banged a 'native vermonter' so i cannot tell you how bad their smell

is. i would hope they would tend to their garden..

BTW how good is Shaker Hills golf course in harvard , mass

I hear ya, but all the buffing and puffing doesn't hide the mustache

Never banged a 'native vermonter' so i cannot tell you how bad their smell

is. i would hope they would tend to their garden..

BTW how good is Shaker Hills golf course in harvard , mass

Waxing - I said waxing......a must for anyone over the age of 18 who is not blonde - and even the natural blondies need tending too.

I've never played Shaker but I've heard it's amazing, Assmop. Honestly, I'm not worthy of playing that course as described to me. - I'm a stinky golfer. My golf skills aren't worthy of most courses, truth be told. :)

Waxing - I said waxing......a must for anyone over the age of 18 who is not blonde - and even the natural blondies need tending too.

I've never played Shaker but I've heard it's amazing, Assmop. Honestly, I'm not worthy of playing that course as described to me. - I'm a stinky golfer. My golf skills aren't worthy of most courses, truth be told. :)

well i get to play shaker next thurs, so it better not rain!!!!!

I'm sure your lack of golf skills are made up for in other endeavors!;)

well i get to play shaker next thurs, so it better not rain!!!!!

I'm sure your lack of golf skills are made up for in other endeavors!;)

I think you told us once, but regale us again. Why on God's green Earth do you live in Vermont?

Archived