Could the 1mil we didn't pay Kendall wind up costing us more?

NIGHT STALKER

The O line we had last season kept Pennington healthy and he was able to play a full season for the first time in his career. Is it possible that the 1 mil that Tanny didn't want to fork over could actually cost us more if Pennington and Clemens go down? They are sitting ducks back there right now and if that line of protection isn't corrected quickly, it will not be a long season, but a short one. Well, maybe a long season for us, but a short season for our QB's.

funny how everyone says Kendall sucked last year..I remember many of Leons long runs were started out with Pete leading the way..hell watch the playoff game vs the Pats again and you will see some things. This move was all about the arrogance of the front office. Right now they are risking the health of Chad and Jones as well as the success of the team with this offensive line.

funny how everyone says Kendall sucked last year..I remember many of Leons long runs were started out with Pete leading the way..hell watch the playoff game vs the Pats again and you will see some things. This move was all about the arrogance of the front office. Right now they are risking the health of Chad and Jones as well as the success of the team with this offensive line.

Agree it had nothing to do about the arrogance of a player calling out the GM/Coach/organization publicly after getting 5 million in guarantees the year before even though there was a good chance he was getting cut.

funny how everyone says Kendall sucked last year..I remember many of Leons long runs were started out with Pete leading the way..hell watch the playoff game vs the Pats again and you will see some things. This move was all about the arrogance of the front office. Right now they are risking the health of Chad and Jones as well as the success of the team with this offensive line.[/QU

Did you see the Patriots playoff game last year? Kendall was invisible!

The O line we had last season kept Pennington healthy and he was able to play a full season for the first time in his career. Is it possible that the 1 mil that Tanny didn't want to fork over could actually cost us more if Pennington and Clemens go down? They are sitting ducks back there right now and if that line of protection isn't corrected quickly, it will not be a long season, but a short one. Well, maybe a long season for us, but a short season for our QB's.

Quite correct. It became a war of wills and the FO always has the power and thus the final say. I've said it before I'll say it again.....This moving of Kendall to DC will cost us plenty. I just pray it doesn't wind up costing us the season. Why spend darft picks, which could have been used to draft OG's (Blalock), to help the defense only to have it cost you your season by putting your QB's in the ICU. Pete Kendall like him or not was our BEST LG and we are a weaker team right now without him. I can see us looking over the waiver wire the next 2 weeks to pick up OL help in the form of a veteran guard.

invisible? that is quite funny..you want to see invisible watch D Brick

That is even funnier! This thread is about Kendall not BRICK. I happen to agree with you about BRICK but in fairness, when an LG is changed almose daily by the staff, it is pretty hard for a LT and LG to get their timing down correctly. What you didn't say was that BRICK seemed to be out=physicaled.

invisible? that is quite funny..you want to see invisible watch D Brick

True that. He looks pretty overrated to me.

:yawn:

Once kendall opened his trap, and the FO didnt give him the money four months ago, the stage was set.

He acted like a real d1ck all through TC, and an unhappy PK was not going to help this team.

If they had quietly resolved this in the spring, and he came to play, yes, he would have helped the OL. He's better than what they've got now. But it just didnt go down that way.

Bender has played LG for about one week or so. He wasnt good last night, but he'd have to be a superman to have done so.

And if he was a superman, he wouldnt have been a sixth round pick.

True that. He looks pretty overrated to me.

:yawn:

Once kendall opened his trap, and the FO didnt give him the money four months ago, the stage was set.

He acted like a real d1ck all through TC, and an unhappy PK was not going to help this team.

If they had quietly resolved this in the spring, and he came to play, yes, he would have helped the OL. He's better than what they've got now. But it just didnt go down that way.

Bender has played LG for about one week or so. He wasnt good last night, but he'd have to be a superman to have done so.

And if he was a superman, he wouldnt have been a sixth round pick.

I recall the Buffalo Bills actually CUTTING superman in training camp one year. ;) (Dean Cain)

Archived