We have O-Line problems!

lancemehl

Mangold and Brick are useless when you have 3 scrubs around them.

Yeah, guess we should just trade 'em now, drat.:yawn:

I'll worry about the O-line when we still have the same problems in regular season, until that time it's still preseason, and who knows who's gonna get cut that we can pick up.

Do you know what it's going to take to make this OL come together???........Thomas Jones-that's right our RB...watch when Jones starts putting up a couple of hundred yard games how the confidence level soars-how all of a sudden our O-line starts to play like a unit...all those seasons with Curtis racking up great years-our line wasn't that great individually-but they came together with a leader like Martin....Jones and Pennington are great leaders...we're gonna be alright as soon as we find out who the LG is gonna be

Do you know what it's going to take to make this OL come together???........Thomas Jones-that's right our RB...watch when Jones starts putting up a couple of hundred yard games how the confidence level soars-how all of a sudden our O-line starts to play like a unit...all those seasons with Curtis racking up great years-our line wasn't that great individually-but they came together with a leader like Martin....Jones and Pennington are great leaders...we're gonna be alright as soon as we find out who the LG is gonna be

This isn't Madden. If your O-line can't open holes the RB isn't going to be doing anything. Even LT gets shut down when his line doesn't perform, and that's why he had such a great season last year with the addition and nascent play of Marcus Mcneill.

This isn't Madden. If your O-line can't open holes the RB isn't going to be doing anything. Even LT gets shut down when his line doesn't perform, and that's why he had such a great season last year with the addition and nascent play of Marcus Mcneill.

I don't play Madden so I don't understand the critique serph...what I'm saying is success breeds more success-and when they start to see some of the holes that TJ runs through their confidence will build. You start looking at the guy next to you saying "we can DO this"

I think we if would of drafted Justin Blalock out OL would be just fine. Fine enough to get us in the damn playoffs.

and then who would be our starting CB? Cornerbacks get the most amount of money and are the biggest demand on the FA market-offensive linemen are easier to get

I think we if would of drafted Justin Blalock out OL would be just fine. Fine enough to get us in the damn playoffs.

A rookie guard wouldnt get this team to the playoffs, let alone Larry Allen in his prime. But as for Blalock, hey I'd rather have seen us stick at 35 and draft him then trading for Thomas Jones, but thats just me. Jones is not a long term answer, above avg back nothing more, and he's not going to do jack unless Clemens comes in and lights it up.

A rookie guard wouldnt get this team to the playoffs, let alone Larry Allen in his prime. But as for Blalock, hey I'd rather have seen us stick at 35 and draft him then trading for Thomas Jones, but thats just me. Jones is not a long term answer, above avg back nothing more, and he's not going to do jack unless Clemens comes in and lights it up.

you might just get your wish-let me ask you this Barton;

If it means we have to start out 1-3 or 4 to have Clemens starting or 3-1 or 4-1 to to keep Chad which would you choose?

Mr.Kendall contributed to all this with his contractural issues and attitude. The waiver wire will surely expose a few Kendall replacements in the next few weeks.

So teams were lining up to pay Kendall his $2.7 million salary for this year and the skins at least were willing to kick in a 4th or a 5th for the chance to pry him away from us. Yet we are going to simply turn around and pick one up in the next few weeks off the waiver wire.

Are all the other GM's just that dumb or is it that our front office is that much smarter than everyone else?

How smart was it to eat $3.5 million in accelerated signing bonus cap money on Kendall this year?

So teams were lining up to pay Kendall his $2.7 million salary for this year and the skins at least were willing to kick in a 4th or a 5th for the chance to pry him away from us. Yet we are going to simply turn around and pick one up in the next few weeks off the waiver wire.

Are all the other GM's just that dumb or is it that our front office is that much smarter than everyone else?

How smart was it to eat $3.5 million in accelerated signing bonus cap money on Kendall this year?

Kendall was dogging it all summer EM31-who's to say he would have even been ready to play at top speed that is required in the NFL....remember 2005 when Herm's cake camp made the OL just that much slower and we lost QB's?

you might just get your wish-let me ask you this Barton;

If it means we have to start out 1-3 or 4 to have Clemens starting or 3-1 or 4-1 to to keep Chad which would you choose?

1-3 or 4 to have Clemens starting, no question. He should take over week 3 after we start out 0-2.

btw, there is zero chance we start out 3-1 or 4-1.

It's been said many times by quality posters on this board: I'll take wins, I don't care who they come from, Penny, Clemens, Brooks Bollinger, whoever. The only thing that matter is Ws. And Mangini is going to play the QB who has the best chance of winning us games, and if he thinks it's Penny, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he know's a helluva lot more then any of us do.

It's been said many times by quality posters on this board: I'll take wins, I don't care who they come from, Penny, Clemens, Brooks Bollinger, whoever. The only thing that matter is Ws. And Mangini is going to play the QB who has the best chance of winning us games, and if he thinks it's Penny, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he know's a helluva lot more then any of us do.

that's it M-38 and the good news is we HAVE a coach that doesn't have an agenda-like Herm and his "well, the season is lost we're gonna try and get Curtis his 1000 yards".Mangini is not afraid to play youger players

that's it M-38 and the good news is we HAVE a coach that doesn't have an agenda-like Herm and his "well, the season is lost we're gonna try and get Curtis his 1000 yards".Mangini is not afraid to play youger players

Yup, with Mangini you can always be assured he puts out the players that gives us the best chance to win. There is no bias, or loyalty to certain players.

Can you teach me how to be a true jets fan, sofla? I really need your help, bro.

Yes, dont be a backseat GM... just enjoy the team and the game... regardless of who is playing... dont be like Herm and have an agenda against a player...

Mangini cannot hear you and wouldnt give a **** if he could... so all you do by bitching and whining constantly is piss off other fans and take away your own fun from the game...

Its OK to be objective, but you have taken it to another level... you seem to flat out hate Chad and will wish anything upon the JETS to bring him down and try Clemens... rather than having faith in the coach and team...

Want to be a "true fan" ? Relax, enjoy it... you only live for so long...

Yes, dont be a backseat GM... just enjoy the team and the game... regardless of who is playing... dont be like Herm and have an agenda against a player...

Mangini cannot hear you and wouldnt give a **** if he could... so all you do by bitching and whining constantly is piss off other fans and take away your own fun from the game...

Its OK to be objective, but you have taken it to another level... you seem to flat out hate Chad and will wish anything upon the JETS to bring him down and try Clemens... rather than having faith in the coach and team...

Want to be a "true fan" ? Relax, enjoy it... you only live for so long...

exactly ec...to have no hope whatsoever before a single snap has been played yet is a crappy way to be a fan...POTW nom

exactly ec...to have no hope whatsoever before a single snap has been played yet is a crappy way to be a fan...POTW nom

I dont want to question him being a fan, I know he is... I just think he is ruining it for himself... he needs to sit back and enjoy rather than get all bent out of shape about things... especially Chad... Its not like we have Herm Edwards as a coach... put a little faith in Mangini Barton...

I dont want to question him being a fan, I know he is... I just think he is ruining it for himself... he needs to sit back and enjoy rather than get all bent out of shape about things... especially Chad... Its not like we have Herm Edwards as a coach... put a little faith in Mangini Barton...

no I know the kid's a fan-I just think he's a less than hopeful one-I'd HATE to not believe in my team, and that it has zero chance of succeeding. In fact that's why I'm not watching the Yankees now-they do better when I DON'T watch...when they lose-well, it prolly means SFJ had the game on

I don't play Madden so I don't understand the critique serph...what I'm saying is success breeds more success-and when they start to see some of the holes that TJ runs through their confidence will build. You start looking at the guy next to you saying "we can DO this"

In Madden the RB is more important than the O-line, that's what it sounded like you were saying.

I just don't agree with you that confidence is the missing link here, I think the problem is flat out talent. I am very very concerned about the O-line and I have been voicing my uneasiness about it since even the middle of last season. If I think there are problems, I'm sure opposing coaches definitely see it as something they can exploit as well. I hope Mangini has a solution because I don't think TJ will turn this pack of under-achievers into a Pro Bowl line.

As for the whole fan issue, that is something I've always hated, ecurb and madmike were really bad about it before but I think ecurb has matured. I don't think mike has. If we weren't fans we would not be posting on this board, we just would not care enough about the team. Different people express things differently and think different things are better than others do. Barton believes the best thing for the Jets is a new QB. ecurb believes Chad will do better and it is not a problem. Neither of these guys is not a fan, the opposite is true, they both really care about the team and are passionate about it.

I can personally be a little more objective especially in the postseason, but come the regular season I will also be consumed by what happens game in and game out. Getting an opinion from me right after a game and probably the day after too is kind of pointless because I won't be thinking straight at all. How is that being less of a fan though? That makes no sense to me.

no I know the kid's a fan-I just think he's a less than hopeful one-I'd HATE to not believe in my team, and that it has zero chance of succeeding. In fact that's why I'm not watching the Yankees now-they do better when I DON'T watch...when they lose-well, it prolly means SFJ had the game on

There's a difference between BELIEVING in your team, but KNOWING that your team has weaknesses.

I BELIEVE the Jets will win every game when Sunday rolls around. But I KNOW they won't, of course, and KNOW that there are several serious issues that can be pointed to that can be blamed for it. Lack of a push at the point of attack is a good start.

There's a difference between BELIEVING in your team, but KNOWING that your team has weaknesses.

I BELIEVE the Jets will win every game when Sunday rolls around. But I KNOW they won't, of course, and KNOW that there are several serious issues that can be pointed to that can be blamed for it. Lack of a push at the point of attack is a good start.

Barton wants the JETS to lose because he HATES Chad Pennington...

Archived