Hey Troll

vanDoug

What does the QB situation in Atlanta do to Alge Crumpler's fantasy value?

Is he a top ten if he's healthy?

Think Joey (or whoever) will use him much?

thanks,

d

It isn't so much the quarterback situation, though Harrington is more of a true passer than Vick. It is more that the new coach, Bobby Petrino has stated that he wants to use Crumpler as more of a pass-catching threat than as a blocking tight end. The offensive system he is bringing in uses the tight-end as more of a receiver.

For Peyton Manning, it really depends on the personality of the other drafters. In my league, he went mid-second round, but in other leagues he has gone as high as first. We all just think that he is so good because he is consistent, not because he is miles ahead of every other quarterback. It really depends on you. If you want a guaranteed good quarterback, then take him first round, but if you are willing to take a chance on a quarterback, then let him pass. Look at McNabb last year. Not a lot of people had him highly ranked as a QB, but he still produced very well.

I really don't think Vick's situation affects Crumpler at all. He will still be a solid, top ten TE. I think it will really help their WRs have a bit of fantasy relevance. Harrington isn't a great QB, but he is still twice the passer Vick is. I'm not sure if the situation helps Crumpler, because Vick threw to him whether he was open or not, but it won't hurt him. Having a better QB never hurts you.

As for Manning, I would consider taking him at the end of the 1st round, depending on the league settings. I look at the running backs this year, and I try to rank them for an article, but it's hard. Beyond Tomlinson and Jackson, everyone has major questions. I really can't advise you what to do with Manning unless you post your league settings.

Harrington isnt a better passer than Vick

Completiton totals the last three years*

Harrington: 685

Vick: 599

*Harrington either did not start or played very little in 11 games the last three years. Vick did not start or played very little in 2 games in the last three years.

In 9 more games, Vick had almost 100 less completions.

Completiton totals the last three years*

Harrington: 685

Vick: 599

*Harrington either did not start or played very little in 11 games the last three years. Vick did not start or played very little in 2 games in the last three years.

In 9 more games, Vick had almost 100 less completions.

To say Harrington is a better QB than Vick is absurd. Have you watched Harrington throughout his career? He's awful.

Say what you want about Vick, he certainly isnt a great passer, but he's better than Harrington. Vick won football games, Harrington has proven he cant.

To say Harrington is a better QB than Vick is absurd. Have you watched Harrington throughout his career? He's awful.

Say what you want about Vick, he certainly isnt a great passer, but he's better than Harrington. Vick won football games, Harrington has proven he cant.

Michael Vick was a TERRIBLE passer. His legs made him a better QB than Harrington, but his passing skills did not.

Here are the Falcons leading WRs from the past three years:

2004: Price - 45 rec for 575 yards, 3 TDs

2005: Finneran - 50 rec for 611 yards, 2 TDs

2006: Jenkins - 39 for 436 yards, 7 TDs

Vick was awful. He threw to Crumpler and that was it. I guarantee you they will have a WR that demolishes those totals for receptions and yards this season.

I'm not saying Joey Harrington is Dan Fouts. He's not even David Carr. But he is a better passer than Michael Vick. Almost every starting QB in the league is.

I really don't think Vick's situation affects Crumpler at all. He will still be a solid, top ten TE. I think it will really help their WRs have a bit of fantasy relevance. Harrington isn't a great QB, but he is still twice the passer Vick is. I'm not sure if the situation helps Crumpler, because Vick threw to him whether he was open or not, but it won't hurt him. Having a better QB never hurts you.

As for Manning, I would consider taking him at the end of the 1st round, depending on the league settings. I look at the running backs this year, and I try to rank them for an article, but it's hard. Beyond Tomlinson and Jackson, everyone has major questions. I really can't advise you what to do with Manning unless you post your league settings.

Thanks Troll.

cheers,

d

Archived