The Jets won't finish the season above .500

Iceman88

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it was 7-9, which was actually a lot more optimistic than a lot of people on this board.

Not bad, I say 16-0 this year... if you want my real prediction... well you would have to PM me... Im not saying it in public... LOL

I said 8-8, so I dont think either of us qualifies as "wise prognosticators that don't wear green goggles."

:P

Nevertheless, I think that is a bit more accurate of a prediction considering that a lot of people thought the Jets would have a top five draft pick. The schedule last season dictated the Jets to surprise. This year, it will dictate them to disappoint. I mean, if we got to play the same cake schedule this year as last, I'd be on the 11-5 bandwagon myself.

Well, notwithstanding th LG hole, which is huge, I was looking at this years sked like this:

I wont be surprised to start 0-2, but to me the key is getting to at least 4-4 at the halfway point. i know many will be hiding from the falling sky at that point, but it sets us up to make a run in the second half of the season.

I think they'll go at least 5-3 in the second half. That sets up as 9-7, but I am thinking if they stay healthy like last year, and plug the hole n the OL, they can steal one either in Cinci or Dallas, and/or against NE. So, I'm going with-- 10-6.

Actually, I was wrong about my 7-9 prediction. I searched for it and couldn't find it. I found this instead:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=283716&highlight=schedule#post283716

I think that if the stars align properly, the Jets can make a run at 9-7.

Our schedule is full of cream puffs. Unfortunately, the Jets may be one of them.

How ironic that the word "green glasses" is actually in that thread title.

Nevertheless, I think that is a bit more accurate of a prediction considering that a lot of people thought the Jets would have a top five draft pick. The schedule last season dictated the Jets to surprise. This year, it will dictate them to disappoint. I mean, if we got to play the same cake schedule this year as last, I'd be on the 11-5 bandwagon myself.

There is no way of knowing how tough the schedule is at this point. WHEN you play these teams is the most important thing.

There is no way of knowing how tough the schedule is at this point. WHEN you play these teams is the most important thing.

Bull****.

This year, we face New England (twice), Buffalo (they always beat us once), Baltimore, Philly, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Dallas. I didn't even include the Giants or Titans, who some people think will be good (I don't). The Jets schedule is MUCH harder than it was last year. We don't have the benefit of facing Houston, Oakland and the NFC North (worst division in football).

Bull****.

This year, we face New England (twice), Buffalo (they always beat us once), Baltimore, Philly, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Dallas. I didn't even include the Giants or Titans, who some people think will be good (I don't). The Jets schedule is MUCH harder than it was last year. We don't have the benefit of facing Houston, Oakland and the NFC North (worst division in football).

Have a sip of Kool Ade.. relax

Seriously though.. this team needs to become more physical... or they will lose badly...

Bull****.

Any player could get hurt at any time in the NFL making a tough game into a cupcake not to mention teams coming off short weeks. You never know how good these teams are going to be.

Any player could get hurt at any time in the NFL making a tough game into a cupcake not to mention teams coming off short weeks. You never know how good these teams are going to be.

All I know is that we went from facing the absolute easiest division in football (NFC North) to facing arguably the toughest division in the NFC (East). We also faced the most top-heavy AFC division with complete garbage at the bottom (South) to facing arguably the toughest AFC division (North).

Our schedule will be harder, period. An injury or two is not going to transform Cincinnati, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia into Houston, Oakland, Green Bay, and Detroit.

All I know is that we went from facing the absolute easiest division in football (NFC North) to facing arguably the toughest division in the NFC (East). We also faced the most top-heavy AFC division with complete garbage at the bottom (South) to facing arguably the toughest AFC division (North).

Our schedule will be harder, period. An injury or two is not going to transform Cincinnati, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia into Houston, Oakland, Green Bay, and Detroit.

KYLIE~Kylie-Minogue-Posters.jpg

Huh?

Did you say something?

LOL

I think I said 8-8 to 10-6 last year but I don't know if I can find it. If not on this board I said it on TGG and got flamed for it. This year I have us going 6-10 to 8-8, with a strong feeling more towards 6 :(

I remember going back and forth between 8-8 and 9-7, but then...

kylie%20minogue%20glastonbury.jpg

I forgot what the question was...

This year reminds me a lot of 1998 and not because I see us going 12-4. But I can see us struggling out of the gate then after changing QB's and a few other positions getting on a roll and finishing around 10-6. I predicted either 8-8 or 9-7 for last season I think.

The NFC East isn't CLOSE to being the toughest division. Washington and the Giants stink and Dallas who knows. Baltimore can't score and Cincy is about as up and down a team as they come. This idea that the Jets are over matched by this schedule makes no sense to me.

I know I'm going to get a lot of **** for this but I really don't think that the Jets can repeat last seasons playoff appearance or even finish the season with a winning record.

On offense we have loads of problems starting with the offensive line. Losing Kendall was a big blow no matter what some of you say and the LG position unless upgraded through waivers or a trade, will become a revolving door for defenses on passing plays. The line is still going to have trouble opening holes as well and our running game will not be great even with Jones at RB.

At QB we have Pennington who while some here will defend to the death is not a good starting QB. He doesn't have the arm strength to make the throws neccesary to be a great QB and will leave defenses to dare him to beat him with his arm alone which he can't. The running game will have more problems since nobody respects Penningtons ability to throw a ball more then 20 yards. Pennington also constantly gets our recievers killed on lame duck throws. I'm not saying Kellen will change all this but we need a new QB.

On defense the front 7 isn't going to get the job done. Our rush defense will be one of the worst in the league again and teams will run all over us. While I think our secondary is actually a pretty good unit since we can't get a pass rush going teams will still be able to throw even though they probably won't have to.

Lastly to top if all off we have a much harder schedule this year and teams won't be thrown of from decisions by our coaching staff as much as last season.

I know this look is pretty pessimistic but I honestly don't see how so many people are thinking playoffs on these boards when our team has so many glaring problems. I don't think we will be above .500 this year but I think it will be good year of development and growth cause I think in a few more years this team can be one of the best.

Solution to your problem: Don't root for the Jets....

EXHIBITION.....

Solution to your problem: Don't root for the Jets....

EXHIBITION.....

Why would I not root for the Jets? I don't care if they have a ****ty season, their still my team. My point is I don't understand why some people are coming out with such optimism that they think we can go 12-4. Its completely unrealistic and we lead to pissed off fans at the end of the season.

I know I'm going to get a lot of **** for this but I really don't think that the Jets can repeat last seasons playoff appearance or even finish the season with a winning record.

On offense we have loads of problems starting with the offensive line. Losing Kendall was a big blow no matter what some of you say and the LG position unless upgraded through waivers or a trade, will become a revolving door for defenses on passing plays. The line is still going to have trouble opening holes as well and our running game will not be great even with Jones at RB.

At QB we have Pennington who while some here will defend to the death is not a good starting QB. He doesn't have the arm strength to make the throws neccesary to be a great QB and will leave defenses to dare him to beat him with his arm alone which he can't. The running game will have more problems since nobody respects Penningtons ability to throw a ball more then 20 yards. Pennington also constantly gets our recievers killed on lame duck throws. I'm not saying Kellen will change all this but we need a new QB.

On defense the front 7 isn't going to get the job done. Our rush defense will be one of the worst in the league again and teams will run all over us. While I think our secondary is actually a pretty good unit since we can't get a pass rush going teams will still be able to throw even though they probably won't have to.

Lastly to top if all off we have a much harder schedule this year and teams won't be thrown of from decisions by our coaching staff as much as last season.

I know this look is pretty pessimistic but I honestly don't see how so many people are thinking playoffs on these boards when our team has so many glaring problems. I don't think we will be above .500 this year but I think it will be good year of development and growth cause I think in a few more years this team can be one of the best.

:confused:Sorry, I had to click on this thread to see if you were a Jets fan or some stupid Troll.:rolleyes: Carry on.

The NFC East isn't CLOSE to being the toughest division. Washington and the Giants stink and Dallas who knows. Baltimore can't score and Cincy is about as up and down a team as they come. This idea that the Jets are over matched by this schedule makes no sense to me.

I said NFC divison. What's a tougher division than the East in that conference? The North, which has one good team and three awful ones? The South, which has two teams in it that will contend for the 1st pick? The West, where no one has a defense?

No telling how the Jets will wind up this season. They should be competitive though; bend but don't break, ball control, short yardage, manage the clock, take occasional shots downfield. It's a smart team with confidence. Expect them to clean up some stuff that's fixable. Don't expect LG to go unchecked. Tannenbaum will find a veteran if the current roster comes up short (hopefully), but it won't make or break the season. The team can get by with what they have at LG in Jones and Clarke.

Compared to preseason, I would expect this team to look a lot different opening day.

No doubt the schedule is tougher this year. By a lot. Looking at our team, and the pre-season I'd agree with an 8-8 record. Hopefully the Jets will prove me wrong for the second year in a row.

I like the additions to the team, but we still have zero run-blocking, and the d-line is a joke. We still need a few pieces to stand a chance in the play-off's.

Archived