Phil Hughes- overhyped?

Matt39

Umm...just a tad it looks like.

I like the kid, but he certainly doesnt have the electric stuff we all thought he had.

I think with his season starting/stopping so many times due to injury that it is hard to judge him off of this late season showing. Joba does look to be more electric but I'd give Hughes a fresh start next year b4 giving a final grade.

hes 21 man what do you expect

look at homer bailey this year, another hyped up prospect

tim lincecum is succeeding in the same division where Randy Johnson was able to pitch some quality innings this year lol, if he were in the AL East his ERA would be 2 runs higher

Didnt mbn say a few days ago that they were tinkering with his arm slot alittle bit?

Why would they do that? It seems to me his curve is not breaking nearly as sharp it was pre-hamstring, and his fastball isnt as hard as it was then either. I still think he's not fully back yet, but if they did tweak his arm slot alittle I'd have to say I dont understand why.

Didnt mbn say a few days ago that they were tinkering with his arm slot alittle bit?

Why would they do that? It seems to me his curve is not breaking nearly as sharp it was pre-hamstring, and his fastball isnt as hard as it was then either. I still think he's not fully back yet, but if they did tweak his arm slot alittle I'd have to say I dont understand why.

Because a 21-year old on his 1st major league season has to make his "Pitch to COntact" idiot manager happy. Torre gets a smoke thrower and IMMEDIATELY fills his head with garbage about strikeouts being bad and let guys hit it ,and nibble. Torre would hire DaVinci-to paint his garage. He's got Exhibit#1 in Clemens starting every 5th day that pitching to contact is silliness and Ks are where it's at, he caught Bob Gibson and Steve Carlton and played and managed for 4 decades and stil believes this idiocy.

I think with his season starting/stopping so many times due to injury that it is hard to judge him off of this late season showing. Joba does look to be more electric but I'd give Hughes a fresh start next year b4 giving a final grade.

Tough to get into any training/conditioning rhythm for the starting rotation when your injured. Plus, as someone said, he is all of 21.

Nobody could live up to that hype. Certain Yankee fans had him in the HOF before he ever threw a pitch in the major leagues.

That said, he's going to be a good one.

That was funny.

Archived