Three Positives from Preseason

Johnnybones

Now I know there is alot to be concernd about, but the purpose of this thread is to focus on a few positives. Basically, I need something to help me sleep easier at night.

Positve #1:

Leon Washington's a game breaker. We saw it in flashes last year and it's evident so far in the preseason this year. This guy can score a touch down on any given play. He's a stud in the open field, and once paired up with Jones, he's really going to shine. Like others have said, he's our Reggie Bush. He realistically is.

Positive #2:

Our defensive rookies. Both Revis and Harris are huge additions to our defense. Of course they are rookies, and they will make rookie mistakes this season, but the talent is obvious for anyone to see. They both will be key players in our defensive schemes for seasons to come. Plus, Revis brings potential game breaking ability to the punt return game, but that's yet to be proven.

Postive #3:

Mike Nugent was a good pick. He's constantly improving. Last year, his lack of ability to boom kick offs into the endzone was discouraging, and at times a major handicap given to the opposition. So far, he looks to have tweaked that part of his game, and may even be poised for a pro bowl year. The piece of mind of having a reliable and effective place kicker is invaluable. I'm still not over that playoff loss to the Steelers.

Now I know there is alot to be concernd about, but the purpose of this thread is to focus on a few positives. Basically, I need something to help me sleep easier at night.

Positve #1:

Leon Washington's a game breaker. We saw it in flashes last year and it's evident so far in the preseason this year. This guy can score a touch down on any given play. He's a stud in the open field, and once paired up with Jones, he's really going to shine. Like others have said, he's our Reggie Bush. He realistically is.

\.

Yea, I made a thread acople month ago how Leon could actually turn out to be a more explosive player than Reggi Bush... And Guess what? I GOT KILLED ON JN for my comments. I still think Leon Washington is in the same planet as Reggie

You forgot Positive #4.

No injuries.

so true PF-I listened to Cam Cameron last night on the way home and he was saying how much you learn from adversity over success in these PS games-especially the young guys and how job one is staying healthy through the pre season

not sure what Revis has shown in one preseason game..these guys earn their stripes during the regular season

he showed me he can tackle and that he has a nose for the ball 4H-these are the kinds of things a DB either has or doesn't have...whether he can catch a football or not I don't know yet-but in comparison to say Justin Miller-Revis is a better football player...right NOW-and he cabn catch a punt...Miller's lucky he can run back KO's otherwise he'd be out of a job

Here are some more positives:

Kellen Clemens is showing good stuff, improving, gaining confidence compared to reports early in camp.

No one is panicked by the preseason games, which is good. The players all sound level headed and their confidence has not been shaken. Mentally its a good tough group so whatever can be fixed will probably get fixed.

McCareins is looking very good. Keeping him looks to be a great move. He'll be a good #3 receiver and a deep threat (and yes I think Chad will be able to reach him on the fly although he might under throw him a bit :))

(i will only look at the positive, i will only look at the positive, i will only look at the positive, i will only look at the positive, i will only look at the positive, i will only look at the positive...)

Here are some more positives:

Kellen Clemens is showing good stuff, improving, gaining confidence compared to reports early in camp.

No one is panicked by the preseason games, which is good. The players all sound level headed and their confidence has not been shaken. Mentally its a good tough group so whatever can be fixed will probably get fixed.

McCareins is looking very good. Keeping him looks to be a great move. He'll be a good #3 receiver and a deep threat (and yes I think Chad will be able to reach him on the fly although he might under throw him a bit :))

(i will only look at the positive, i will only look at the positive, i will only look at the positive, i will only look at the positive, i will only look at the positive, i will only look at the positive...)

Wait a minute...Anyone think McCareins for a LG is a possibility?

Archived