Pedro throwing a no-hitter

Jet/BosoxFan

JonEJinx, for crying out loud...do something!

Let me preface by saying, I dont give a sh*t about the Mets, but I really dont feel like watching Petie throw a no-no after not being able to get the job done in Boston.

So please, I beg of you, predict that he'll throw a no-no and end the misery!

You know you dont want to see him do it either, JonE. You hate him for his time as a Red Sock as well as now that he's a Met.

Jinx him already, dude!

Pete was hit, so that is over.

Clement is just off tonight. He has had success against the Cards in the past, at least that is what NESN is telling me. Perhaps they have seen enough of him to finally hit him.

Sox will get swept in StL, I fear. :cry:

This isn't slamming pedro or the mets, but wow, what a difference switching to the NL can do for a pitcher or visa versa

Seriously though. The National League as a whole, is pretty much a AAAA team compared to the American League. Not saying the NL doesn't have great teams, maybe there are, but the AL is just far better as an entire league in terms of talent.

This isn't slamming pedro or the mets, but wow, what a difference switching to the NL can do for a pitcher or visa versa

Seriously though. The National League as a whole, is pretty much a AAAA team compared to the American League. Not saying the NL doesn't have great teams, maybe there are, but the AL is just far better as an entire league in terms of talent.

Incredible how two AAAA teams in Arizona and Florida managed to send the Yanks home without a ring.

Incredible how two AAAA teams in Arizona and Florida managed to send the Yanks home without a ring.

did you read my post??? :roll:

And way to bring up 2001 and 2003

Vlad, Sheffy, Schilling, Randy and alot of other great players all have made the switch from the NL to the AL from 2003, so your post makes NO SENSE.

And I said as a WHOLE LEAGUE the AL is better than the NL in overall talent.

It's called Reading Comprehension

did you read my post??? :roll:

And way to bring up 2001 and 2003

Vlad, Sheffy, Schilling, Randy and alot of other great players all have made the switch from the NL to the AL from 2003, so your post makes NO SENSE.

And I said as a WHOLE LEAGUE the AL is better than the NL in overall talent.

It's called Reading Comprehension

Your point is stupid and without support.

Pujols

Cabrera

Bonds

Derek Lee

Carlos Lee

Rolen

Edmonds

Delgado

Are just a few NL players.

EB's point is definately retarded. Each league has its own merits and probably has a stunningly equal number of upper echelon players that would and/or have accelled in either league. But EB wont admit that because he has a silly axe to grind as a Yankee homer. He hates the Mets and he hates Pedro so he wants to minimize their respective accomplishments.

Your point is stupid and without support.

Pujols

Cabrera

Bonds

Derek Lee

Carlos Lee

Rolen

Edmonds

Delgado

Are just a few NL players.

WOW :roll:

Bonds - doing nothing in 2005, but still talent

Pujuls - AWESOE player

Delgado - guys done nothing GREAT in awhile now

Carlos Lee - WOW carlos lee, lol

Rolen - Great player

Edmonds - pretty frickin good

Cabrera - great player, not a big fan of his

Derek Lee - what? now he's a bonafide supertar? lets see him keep up what he's doing

AL is far superior in talent, puhleeze

Gary Sheffield

Vladamir Guerrero

Vernon Wells

Derek Jeter

Miguel Tejada

Alex Rodriguez

Ivan Rodriguez

Javy Lopez

Manny Ramirez (puke)

David Ortiz (pukes)

ICHIRO

And thats just position players off the top of my head.

EB's point is definately retarded. Each league has its own merits and probably has a stunningly equal number of upper echelon players that would and/or have accelled in either league. But EB wont admit that because he has a silly axe to grind as a Yankee homer. He hates the Mets and he hates Pedro so he wants to minimize their respective accomplishments.

you're an idiot, so stfu

1st of all, I don't hate the Mets at all. I actually pull for them once in awhile even if it doesn't have any merit on my Yankees. I'm not a pathetic, jealous mets fan.

Being a Yankee homer has nothing to do with this discusiion retard

Even baseball people with tons of credibilty would agree that the AL is far superior in talent than the NL. Hell there was even an article on the front page of espn.com a few months ago talking about this same thing

So again, why don't you just stfu and realize that the red sox are getting their asses kicked in.

you're an idiot, so stfu

1st of all, I don't hate the Mets at all. I actually pull for them once in awhile even if it doesn't have any merit on my Yankees. I'm not a pathetic, jealous mets fan.

Being a Yankee homer has nothing to do with this discusiion retard

Even baseball people with tons of credibilty would agree that the AL is far superior in talent than the NL. Hell there was even an article on the front page of espn.com a few months ago talking about this same thing

So again, why don't you just stfu and realize that the red sox are getting their asses kicked in.

WTF...I cant make heads or tails of EB's previous post. I think he was saying something about The AL being superior to the NL. I agree, the AL has better hitting. I even kid Troll and others about the NL. I've called them fans of "JV ball" on previous threads. But I was kidding, obviously. You seem to be serious.

And stop dissing the Red Sox on this thread. If not for RSN...the NL would have had a monopoly on the World Series titles this century, fool!

WOW :roll:

Bonds - doing nothing in 2005, but still talent

Pujuls - AWESOE player

Delgado - guys done nothing GREAT in awhile now

Carlos Lee - WOW carlos lee, lol

Rolen - Great player

Edmonds - pretty frickin good

Cabrera - great player, not a big fan of his

Derek Lee - what? now he's a bonafide supertar? lets see him keep up what he's doing

AL is far superior in talent, puhleeze

Gary Sheffield

Vladamir Guerrero

Vernon Wells

Derek Jeter

Miguel Tejada

Alex Rodriguez

Ivan Rodriguez

Javy Lopez

Manny Ramirez (puke)

David Ortiz (pukes)

ICHIRO

And thats just position players off the top of my head.

Derek Jeter does not belong on that list. Javy FN Lopez too? Gimme a break. You might as well throw in Sosa and Palmeiro while you are talking about washed up Orioles. And Vernon Wells? You are reaching for straws, dude. Should've at least threw in Chavez...at least that one is debateable.

The AL is no better than the NL. That is why the last four World Series' have been splits. And no, Randy Johnson switching to the AL has not changed that at all. In case you've been asleep, Johnson hasn't even been better than the Gambler Kenny Rogers.

I think EB was on track, but missed the total point all together. The NL and AL play different styles. I really can't say there are better hitters in the AL, it's impossible to say. The NL doesn't have better hitters either. I think they're equal. It's just going somewhere new. Clemens was in the AL for many years. He's still a damn good pitcher, he just went somewhere new. Same thing with Pedro. It's just a different game, and something new.

Eh, I guess he wasn't on track at all. He makes fun of Carlos Lee, yet puts Vernon Wells on his list... they're the same player. Y'all also forgot Bobby Abreu. There is alot of talent in both leagues.

And Derek Jeter sucks.

I think EB was on track, but missed the total point all together. The NL and AL play different styles. I really can't say there are better hitters in the AL, it's impossible to say. The NL doesn't have better hitters either. I think they're equal. It's just going somewhere new. Clemens was in the AL for many years. He's still a damn good pitcher, he just went somewhere new. Same thing with Pedro. It's just a different game, and something new.

Eh, I guess he wasn't on track at all. He makes fun of Carlos Lee, yet puts Vernon Wells on his list... they're the same player. Y'all also forgot Bobby Abreu. There is alot of talent in both leagues.

And Derek Jeter sucks.

Exactly...EB is waaaay off the charts with this nonsense. I believe wholeheartedly in the "career rejuvenation theory" of switching leagues. Clemens anyone? Pedro anyone? Schilling anyone? You'd think a Yankee fan that supposedly pays attention to the likes of Clemens, Vazquez, El Duque, Contreras, Weaver, Rogers, and Lieber would also believe in it. He'd have actually sounded insightful had he said something along those lines. But EB and the word "insightful" dont belong in the same sentence.

And why the hell did he mention Vernon Wells?

And what exactly has Carlos Lee done to illicit laughter this year unless hitting like .385 is funny to EB?

And why the hell does "Da Meathook" get no love on this board? Tiger fans, riddle me that???

Exactly...EB is waaaay off the charts with this nonsense. I believe wholeheartedly in the "career rejuvenation theory" of switching leagues. Clemens anyone? Pedro anyone? Schilling anyone? You'd think a Yankee fan that supposedly pays attention to the likes of Clemens, Vazquez, El Duque, Contreras, Weaver, Rogers, and Lieber would also believe in it. He'd have actually sounded insightful had he said something along those lines. But EB and the word "insightful" dont belong in the same sentence.

And why the hell did he mention Vernon Wells?

And what exactly has Carlos Lee done to illicit laughter this year unless hitting like .385 is funny to EB?

And why the hell does "Da Meathook" get no love on this board? Tiger fans, riddle me that???

Da Meathook? Who the hell?

Just because you say it enough times doesn't make it true. Stormshadow and The Troll are dead-on here. Neither league is "better". They're just different. Both leagues have their superstars, and they move back and forth between leagues, and over the long run, it all evens out.

I could come here and post that the NL is better because they have 10 teams playing over .500 ball, while the AL only has 7. Doesn't make it true.

Or I could say that from 1997-2004, the NL leads the AL in interleague play 988 wins to 959. Again, doesn't mean the NL is better (though its a more convincing argument than listing a bunch of players).

OK, so a perfectly good Pedro thread gets turned into an AL-NL debate?

While I agree that it IS easier for a pitcher to go from the AL to the NL (especially to a pitcher's park like Shea), the main reason it is easier for the pitcher is because of the lack of a DH, not a lack of talent.

And in any case, it should not take away from Pedro's season. Pedro Martinez being the best pitcher in New York isn't even a debate anymore (amazingly enough). The question is, is Pedro the best pitcher in the NL? And even better, the best pitcher in the WORLD right now?

Archived