YouTube | Music Videos

rick34125

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All right, all right. We get it Drums. The walls may be red and the horn(e)s may be green, but always remember, the flag is black!

The sound quality sucks, but it gives you a decent idea what the crowds were like at the time. Sound quality sucked at the shows too.

Dom, you and Borgo need to pull your weight more around here. You guys are letting me down! I was the only one who posted in this thread for daze. Just kidding.

"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands , hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." H.L. Mencken

Dom, you and Borgo need to pull your weight more around here. You guys are letting me down! I was the only one who posted in this thread for daze. Just kidding.

"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands , hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." H.L. Mencken

Fine. To go along with Borgo's Iggy quote, here is some Fear. First couple of minutes is Lee Ving trying to incite a riot. He's none to successful and is apparently a homophobe and/or blatant self-promotor that is just trying to shock. Too bad I couldn't find the hardcore kids rushing the stage on SNL so that ***** Lorne Michaels pulled the last song. Music starts around 3:30.

CVViiaHovMI

Fine. To go along with Borgo's Iggy quote, here is some Fear. First couple of minutes is Lee Ving trying to incite a riot. He's none to successful and is apparently a homophobe and/or blatant self-promotor that is just trying to shock. Too bad I couldn't find the hardcore kids rushing the stage on SNL so that ***** Lorne Michaels pulled the last song. Music starts around 3:30.

CVViiaHovMI

Thanks for that Fear vid. There is nothing better than a rock show when all sorts of mayhem is going on between the band and the audience. As long as you're not the one getting a "boot to the balls" or your head split open by a beer pitcher. As for Lorne Michaels: go light a candle, bitch. You made your career on the backs of people that actually could make others laugh or feel emotion with their music. Why cut a second song? You had a captive audience waiting to see what would happen next.

Here's a little light hearted fun from our friends The Circle Jerks, with "Red Tape" and other assorted goodies:

cVpv8EvVntM

Vangelis

Pulsar (From Albedo 0.39*)

LZaLkfvQ714&feature=related

*"The reflecting power of a planet or other non-luminous body. A perfect reflector would have an Albedo of 100%. The Earth's Albedo is 39%, or 0.39".

--From album's cover

I don't even have to tell you the name of this song,

5_1RqyNdzbE

One of the best from my favorite band. As I said in the Songs That Make You Cry Thread, though I don't actually cry, this tune always makes me sad because I think of the late Keith Moon, about whom--purportedly--this song is written. Not sure how much of The Who's material you know, but this early one--The Seeker--is a gem. It was covered well by Rush on their 2004 album Feedback.

WsqNqTUl-F0

How could I not know The Seeker. That is one of their best songs ever along with Won't Get Fooled Again, Behind Blue Eyes, and Baba O' Reilly.

Now I know Who you are. Just never sure about the musical knowledge of the young guys here. Most think idiot-boy Fred Durst wrote Behind Blue Eyes.

Okay, if we're stuck on the British Invasion:

W-sbEAwrSM4&feature=related

One of my favorite bands and songs. I saw them a couple of times in the 70s and they were everything you'd expect. Awesome playing, singing, and--yes--Dave and Ray got into it on stage almost ending the show. LOL. Maybe their best tune: Waterloo Sunset.

5J3gX47rHGg&feature=related

Archived