YouTube | Music Videos

rick34125

It is inevitable. All bands "jump the shark" at some point. If you could see one act from today and one from rock history, who would they be?

That is going to be a difficult question to answer. I think I would have to say I would love to see either early Hendrix- pre monterey or early Zeppelin in 69, or early Pink Floyd in the UFO in like 65-66, or Cream. See what I mean by difficult? I start naming one band then another pops in, then another, and it won't stop. Out of today's bands- Mooney Suzuki, the Redwalls (saw them), and the Black Keys (saw them).

What about You or anyone else in here?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny Drums. I like Louis XIV, but the only song I really know is Finding out True Love is Blind. Good song, but I'm betting you didn't post it because of the drum machine sound.

Are you trying to say I'm bias? Haha, I possibly did that subconsciously.. actually the drumming is pretty damn awesome in this song!

sr2qgFHfPXE

That is going to be a difficult question to answer. I think I would have to say I would love to see either early Hendrix- pre monterey or early Zeppelin in 69, or early Pink Floyd in the UFO in like 65-66, or Cream. See what I mean by difficult? I start naming one band then another pops in, then another, and it won't stop. Out of today's bands- Mooney Suzuki, the Redwalls (saw them), and the Black Keys (saw them).

What about You or anyone else in here?

Great choices. Yeah, it's impossible to narrow it down to one in each era. Dumb question on my part. My choice for the old days is easy: Chuck Berry in 1956 performing "Roll Over Beethoven" live in some small club. To have heard that music for the first time--with that iconic monumental riff--back then must have been astounding. A close second would be The Beatles in Hamburg, when they were still a rock & roll outfit. Of the modern performers, probably The White Stripes. I think Jack White is a genius.

Get a black cat and ya place it on your shoulder, say a few spells and baby there ya go

a6jfdHB2qKQ&feature=related

Great, no awesome, posting. The guitar player in a garage band I was in back in the 70s absolutely loved Rory's playing and got us into him. I don't remember if we attempted to cover any of his music. Here's another guitarist from that era that knocked us out as well. His style was really trippy and unique back then.

Robin Trower

Day of the Eagle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkxEaDDTwho&feature=related

YouTube sucks. Leave the videos on.

Here is a video of the Verve live at Oxygen (I was there) last summer. Bittersweet Symphony was simply amazing to see live.

KY5nO1Do5ww

Youtube video's do not do live performances justice at all BTW.

Sounds good to me but I know what you are saying about live performances on youtube.

Keep in mind a lot of youtube stuff is taken off of digital cameras and mobile phones. .

Archived