YouTube | Music Videos

rick34125

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The forefathers of pop music....ABBA

eEgYiMkOcZQ

that was really good Steve...I love that friggin song...I know Frieda was supposed to be THE hot one but for me, it's always been the redhead....I like her moves on the "feel the beat on the tambourine" part and the "you can dance you can jive" moves

• 2 weeks later...
The Beatles

Mother Nature's Son

wJ63Qe1isl4

isn't it amazing how good these songs sound, sonically-this song was recorded 40 years ago man-find me something from today with all the digital recording gear you want and I challenge any of it to be this good sound-wise ya know?

isn't it amazing how good these songs sound, sonically-this song was recorded 40 years ago man-find me something from today with all the digital recording gear you want and I challenge any of it to be this good sound-wise ya know?

We can go around the wheel and some will chime in to argue, but The Beatles of this era--especially with Sir George Martin as their producer--will never be duplicated. Both in terms of performance, content and--as you state SFJ--sonically, they are the masters beyond any other group's reach. Stunningly brilliant.

Donovan

Hurdy Gurdy Man

OKCdhd2rL2o

Donavan is a weird story BG...he ended up moving down here and joining some devil worshipping cult out near Belle Glade-I met his daughter while playing a gig at Rosies in Lake Worth--her name is Ione Skye-she did some movies in the late 80's early 90's

We can go around the wheel and some will chime in to argue, but The Beatles of this era--especially with Sir George Martin as their producer--will never be duplicated. Both in terms of performance, content and--as you state SFJ--sonically, they are the masters beyond any other group's reach. Stunningly brilliant.

I just think that digital recording has ruined the art of recording-as much as I love it for convenience and all but nothing beats the sound you get recording onto 2" tape like it was done in the old days-the music always ends up sounding too thin

Nick Drake

Day Is Done

(What could he have accomplished? Another tortured genius.)

Forget it, mate. The record company dunces keep removing videos. Keep holding on to the past, a$$holes. You might actually attract a person to buy Nick's music online. F**k you, for your stupidity and myopia.

I just think that digital recording has ruined the art of recording-as much as I love it for convenience and all but nothing beats the sound you get recording onto 2" tape like it was done in the old days-the music always ends up sounding too thin

I could not agree with you more, SFJ. ProTools and similar technologies have allowed marginally talented artists to proliferate. For example, a "singer" can be a whole step flat, and it can be fixed. Plus, I miss the tone of those old style recordings.

Donavan is a weird story BG...he ended up moving down here and joining some devil worshipping cult out near Belle Glade-I met his daughter while playing a gig at Rosies in Lake Worth--her name is Ione Skye-she did some movies in the late 80's early 90's

Ione Skye was cute. I remember her from a movie with John Cusack. I forget the name of it. First Cat Stevens becomes a Muslim, now this?

Likely true but I'd put the Exile On Main Street and Stick Fingers albums from just after that period in the conversation.

Likely true but I'd put the Exile On Main Street and Stick Fingers albums from just after that period in the conversation.

No question that the Stones--with their darker, bluesier sound--are in the mix. Though, IMO, they are a peg down from the Fab Four. I have always thought that Sticky Fingers was the Stones' masterwork. So much of this album just comes flying out at you, especially the iconic, funky opening riff of Brown Sugar. This one is my favorite, however. If you listen closely, you can hear Keith channel the spirit of the master, Chuck Berry.

The Rolling Stones

Can't You Hear Me Knocking

3fa4HUiFJ6c

No question that the Stones--with their darker, bluesier sound--are in the mix. Though, IMO, they are a peg down from the Fab Four. I have always thought that Sticky Fingers was the Stones' masterwork. So much of this album just comes flying out at you, especially the iconic, funky opening riff of Brown Sugar. This one is my favorite, however. If you listen closely, you can hear Keith channel the spirit of the master, Chuck Berry.

The Rolling Stones

Can't You Hear Me Knocking

3fa4HUiFJ6c

Great tune...my favorite song from that album though is Sister Morphine. Never got it's commercial praise or air time due to it's drug references. The dualing lead guitar work by Richards and Mick Taylor in the song is brilliant IMO.

Great tune...my favorite song from that album though is Sister Morphine. Never got it's commercial praise or air time due to it's drug references. The dualing lead guitar work by Richards and Mick Taylor in the song is brilliant IMO.

If I'm not mistaken, Ry Cooder is playing some slide on that track, as well.

Green Day

Homecoming

(Periodically, I play this album and always marvel at its brilliance. With each listen, I am amazed by their power, songwriting, and--most of all--how this record is the closest to the sound and fury of The Who from their Who's Next period.)

I_hfFfTHc8A

Jimmy don't get me started on digital recording. Me and my friend are as analog as possible and if we had more money we would be completely analog for the most part. Most of the bands I listen to from today use all vintage gear, it just sounds better flat out.

A lot of people know the Beatles are great but they don't fully understand why. The Beatles are on their own level recording wise. Some call the Beatles over rated but they don't know what they are talking about because of what the Beatles did in the studio alone changed everything. People still don't know how they did everything they did. They were masters at recording vocals. I dont think I've heard vocals recorded better than that ever. Just listen to All you Need is Love or Drive My Car.

Here is a great garage band from the 60s.. some of you may know them ( i hope) Question Mark and the Mysterians.. this is them now and they still sound pretty much the same.

KKS_1rXt0OE

Archived