YouTube | Music Videos

rick34125

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Who

Young Man's Blues

(From Live at Leeds. Listen to a band at the height of their powers. Townshend's guitar is a snarling juggernaut, Entwistle's bass paying chops are from another planet, Moon is a whirling dervish, and Daltry is, well, the best singer/front man ever, including Plant. "Ain't got s**t...f**k all.")

9g30nwCpyaA

Rush

Closer to the Heart

(Keeping with the Rush motif, this is one of my favorites. Extra props to Mrs. TaborJet for posting the band, usually anathema to females because of Geddy's voice.)

I just got hosed by the no longer available elf, too. It's worth clicking on, promise.

ELP

Lucky Man

(Remember someone bringing in this album when I was in high school. We couldn't figure out what instrument Keith Emerson was playing during his classic solo. Turns out it was my first time hearing a synthesizer, which was not polyphonic in those days.)

cH6BJq7LjxE

Sid Vicious

My Way

(Growing up, Sunday morning's always had much Frank Sinatra playing on the "HiFi". Here's a slightly different take on one of Frank's biggest hits by Mr. Laughs, Sid Vicious. Somehow, I think Jilly would have loved the ending.)

aLC3uT3aCoE

Archived