For Those Knocking The Jets FO for the Kendall Trade...

Smizzy

The Raiders got a 4th rd pick for Randy Moss

The Chiefs got a 5th rd pick for Trent Green

The Jets will get a 4th rd pick for Pete Kendall

A player who did not want to be in NY and a player who was playing like **** to force the hand of the team. Yes it makes the O-line weaker but we got a great deal here.

Should we have kept a disgruntled Kendall? or are you satisfied with this trade?

A player who did not want to be in NY and a player who was playing like **** to force the hand of the team. Yes it makes the O-line weaker but we got a great deal here.

Should we have kept a disgruntled Kendall? or are you satisfied with this trade?

I guess as long as you're content with comparing your organization to the Chiefs and Raiders you did a-otay. :)

I guess as long as you're content with comparing your organization to the Chiefs and Raiders you did a-otay. :)

the patsie troll does have a point.

Look:

was kendall a bi##h in TC that had the capability of infecting the team with this attitude, YES.

did this cancer need to be cut out and tossed, YES

BUT

Did the Jets create this by shafting a solid player, YES

Did they renegotiate a cvontract down, but all of a sudden found a policy on not renegotiating a contract when it was to go up, YES

Did they create the cancer that was Pete Kendall, YES

In the end they cut him not because they didn't want him and not bcause they thought they had a suitable or better replacement, they did it because they screwed the pooch and wanted to save face. They could have used contract trickery to get Kendall the million and not look like a renegotiation back in february or march and nobody would have known or cared. Playing hardball has backfired big time. Nobody here can honestly say "the jets knew what they were doing" and "the fo must see somethn=ing they like in our other options at lg" because we all saw the 7th round aa division rookie nightmare on saturday.

So yeah they needed to cut him, but only because they created a huge mess and that was the only way for them to clean it.

the patsie troll does have a point.

Look:

was kendall a bi##h in TC that had the capability of infecting the team with this attitude, YES.

did this cancer need to be cut out and tossed, YES

BUT

Did the Jets create this by shafting a solid player, YES

Did they renegotiate a cvontract down, but all of a sudden found a policy on not renegotiating a contract when it was to go up, YES

Did they create the cancer that was Pete Kendall, YES

In the end they cut him not because they didn't want him and not bcause they thought they had a suitable or better replacement, they did it because they screwed the pooch and wanted to save face. They could have used contract trickery to get Kendall the million and not look like a renegotiation back in february or march and nobody would have known or cared. Playing hardball has backfired big time. Nobody here can honestly say "the jets knew what they were doing" and "the fo must see somethn=ing they like in our other options at lg" because we all saw the 7th round aa division rookie nightmare on saturday.

So yeah they needed to cut him, but only because they created a huge mess and that was the only way for them to clean it.

guess we should just chalk it up to a coincidence and ole pete had similar problems in phoenix too.

Regardless of why the problem came about,it was here and it was ugly. He was begging to be released and was forcing the teams hand.

We got good value for him is the point.

How do you measure value i guess is the question. For me, measuring value is to look how our team made out overall before and after the trade. If we got better it is good value, if we downgraded it isn't so much. Maybe at some later point, 3-4 years since the pick is for 08 or 09, we will have a good player, but right now we are definitely worse.

But like I said, others may value a trade differently.

The Kendall trade was actually reported as a conditional 5th rounder.

I don't believe like some people that keeping Kendall would be keeping a cancer in the locker room. I think the real issue would be Kendall's reliability and cohesiveness with the OL. Even if I believed Kendall would be a professional and give 100% on the field, I would question what % of the time he would actually make it on the field. He made it known he wasn't going to play hurt and go the extra mile for the organization.

The organization probably would have kept Kendall if they didn't get some value in return for him. A conditional 5th rounder is good value for an aging OG. We're weaker right now because of it, but the future will determine if it ultimately was worth it or not (i.e. whether we find a reasonable replacement and what the draft pick will yield for us.)

Maybe at some later point, 3-4 years since the pick is for 08 or 09, we will have a good player, but right now we are definitely worse.

How did that conditional pick do at guard against the vaGiants?

The FO needs to plug the hole left by their actions.

Regardless of why the problem came about,it was here and it was ugly. He was begging to be released and was forcing the teams hand.

We got good value for him is the point.

i like this front-office, i think they have the team going in the right direction and are trying to build a perrenial winning franchise. the problem is that the kendall situation was completely mis-managed.

this wasn't a problem that just showed up during august. kendall made his displeasure clear early in the off-season. the time to address the LG position was during the off-season or during the draft. the jets had 2 choices - pay kendall (1M is not much considering what other jets get paid) or get another LG. they did neither and were stuck with a disgruntled LG that soured the training camp atmosphere. kendall also took reps away from bender and clarke during TC. this should never have reached this point and to get a 2009 4th rd pick for a starting player is a lousy consolation while chadwick is getting pummeled.

this FO has claimed all along that they have a plan for this team. if the OL is strong this year and the team succeeds then i will believe them. if the plan is to start a rookie 1-AA RT at LG against the pats on openning day then i will seriously lose faith in this team's ability to take the next step forward.

i like this front-office, i think they have the team going in the right direction and are trying to build a perrenial winning franchise. the problem is that the kendall situation was completely mis-managed.

this wasn't a problem that just showed up during august. kendall made his displeasure clear early in the off-season. the time to address the LG position was during the off-season or during the draft. the jets had 2 choices - pay kendall (1M is not much considering what other jets get paid) or get another LG. they did neither and were stuck with a disgruntled LG that soured the training camp atmosphere. kendall also took reps away from bender and clarke during TC. this should never have reached this point and to get a 2009 4th rd pick for a starting player is a lousy consolation while chadwick is getting pummeled.

this FO has claimed all along that they have a plan for this team. if the OL is strong this year and the team succeeds then i will believe them. if the plan is to start a rookie 1-AA RT at LG against the pats on openning day then i will seriously lose faith in this team's ability to take the next step forward.

It seemed like contracts all around were mismanaged this year, Kendall is obvious, but also if they were gonna pay the kind of money to Revis that they eventually did, i would imagine he would have been running for a pen the day after the draft if that was the deal they originally gave him. Part of me thinks that the jets saw there was no real way to get the kind in with a six year deal, but they refused to capitulate after it became a big deal and garnered national attention, so they were forced into a crazy money deal just so that they could save face with their 6 year demand.

I also generally like the FO, they recognized the draft talent the last two years obviously, but it seems they are moving a little quick into the "take no s##t" attitude of the pats. We haven't won enough rings yet to deserve that swagger.

Best kendall post yet. I tried to rep ya, but it said I had to spread it around.

but also if they were gonna pay the kind of money to Revis that they eventually did, i would imagine he would have been running for a pen the day after the draft if that was the deal they originally gave him. Part of me thinks that the jets saw there was no real way to get the kind in with a six year deal, but they refused to capitulate after it became a big deal and garnered national attention, so they were forced into a crazy money deal just so that they could save face with their 6 year demand.

i didn't even include the revis disaster in my post but it is a great point. the revis contract is a complete boondoggle. they should have just given him the "slotted" contract for where he was drafted and got him into camp ontime. 5yrs, 6 yrs, who gives a **** - if the kid can play they are going to tear it up and give him a new one anyways.

tannenbaum really had a lousy off-season. i can understand the jets passing on the overpriced guards in FA but to completely disregard the position in the draft and let the kendall fiasco run until mid-august is unacceptable.

Archived