NY Jets Guy's 53 man Roster

NY Jets Guy

Nearly “Locks” (or as close as you can come with this CS)

Offense:

10 Pennington, Chad QB

6 Clemens, Kellen QB

18 Smith, Brad WR/QB

87 Coles, Laveranues WR

89 Cotchery, Jerricho WR

81 McCareins, Justin WR

83 Stuckey, Chansi WR

20 Jones, Thomas RB

29 Washington, Leon RB

23 Ware, Danny RB

86 Baker, Chris TE

88 Ryan, Sean TE

37 Barnes, Darian FB

74 Mangold, Nick C

68 Clement, Anthony OT

60 Ferguson, D'Brickashaw OT

65 Moore, Brandon OG

61 Clarke, Adrien OG

79 Jones, Adrian OT

72 Bender, Jacob OG/OT

Total: 20

Special Teams:

7 Graham, Ben P

1 Nugent, Mike PK

85 Dearth, James TE/LS… If there was another long snapper half as good on this team, Posiack and/or Kowalewski would quickly fill the 3rd TE spot

Total: 3

Defense:

51 Vilma, Jonathan LB

50 Barton, Eric LB

52 Harris, David LB

54 Hobson, Victor LB

99 Thomas, Bryan LB

96 Bowens, David LB

93 Coleman, Kenyon DE

92 Ellis, Shaun DE

98 Hamilton, Bobby DE

77 Hicks, Eric DE

63 Robertson, Dewayne DT

91 Pouha, Sione DT

95 Mosley, C.J. DT

24 Revis, Darrelle CB

21 Dyson, Andre CB

36 Barrett, David CB

22 Miller, Justin CB

25 Rhodes, Kerry S

26 Coleman, Erik S

33 Smith, Eric S

Total: 20

Team Total: 43/53

Additional backup needs: OL, FB, WR, LB, CB, S

Outside Looking In (to fill those remaining needs)

Offensive Candidates:

15 Wright, Wallace WR – Decent reciever with very good ST’s play

18 Jackson, Frisman WR: Better receiver, but can he needs to show that he can contribute on special teams with the surplus of WR’s

45 Tutt, Stacy FB: His spot is in danger with Sean Ryan’s ability to play in the backfield

82 Pociask, Jason TE

40 Kowalewski, Joe TE

71 Smith, Wade OG/C… he has had major struggles this preseason

70 DeVito, Mike DE/OC… so he can play defensive end AND center… interesting…

8 Tuiasosopo, Marques QB... is he worth a spot?

Likely outcome (IMO):

*WR’s: Frisman Jackson, Wallace Wright; both of these guys add great depth to the roster

*FB: Stacy Tutt; versatile player that is a nice change of pace from Barnes

*OL: Mike Devito/Wade Smith; The O-line "outsideres" will be tricky. Wade Smith and Devito are the only two players capable to be a back up center.At this point I’d say you could flip a coin between him and Wade Smith… only one of them makes the team.. and this week will determine that.

Team Total: 47/53

Defensive Candidates:

53 Spencer, Cody LB

47 Costanzo, Blake LB

97 Wadsworth, Andre LB

67 Von Olehoffen, Kimo DE

94 Haynes, Michael DE

35 Collins, Manny CB

30 Coleman, Drew CB

42 Washington, Rashad S

41 Ventrone, Raymond S

Likely Outcome (IMO):

~I am really rooting for Andre to make the team. I could see them possibly keeping Haynes, and Andre if the cut Kimo & Spencer/Costanzo~

*LB’s: Cody Spencer, Blake Costanzo

*S’s: Rashad Washington, Raymond Ventrone; ST’s play earned it,

*CB: Drew Coleman; Drafted by the FO, good vs. the run and is a slightly better option than Manny Collins

*DE: Kim Von Olehoffen; "leader", "depth", "locker room guy", blah, blah, blah… whatever lesbo.

Team Total: 52 man roster plus Kimo

Most Likely that are left out: Posiak/Wadsworth

Dearth

He is one of the best long snappers in the league.

Have you been around the last few years to see how many games were lost

because of a bad snap??

I don't care if they keep him on the team till he's collecting SS. Just leave well

enough alone.

No, I know he's a great LS... I was just saying that's all he provides. Posiak and Kowaleski are better TE's but, you're right... Dearth's LS abilities are very beneficial; which is why I said he makes the team.

i think you will see a LG make the team who is not even on the roster today.

devito will be cut and maybe added to the ps

tui will probably make the team. clemens is the real deal and it doesn't make much sense to make him the #3 during a game.

i think frisman jackson gets cut - maybe re-signed to the ps

costanzo/spencer/washington - probably all make it

1 of pociaski/kowalewski

i just can't see the team keeping kimo, hick, and hamilton - one of these has to go

mosely may not be a lock either, depends what NG are released by other teams.

i think you will see a LG make the team who is not even on the roster today.

devito will be cut and maybe added to the ps

tui will probably make the team. clemens is the real deal and it doesn't make much sense to make him the #3 during a game.

i think frisman jackson gets cut - maybe re-signed to the ps

costanzo/spencer/washington - probably all make it

1 of pociaski/kowalewski

i just can't see the team keeping kimo, hick, and hamilton - one of these has to go

mosely may not be a lock either, depends what NG are released by other teams.

I know someone said this very recently... but is it 53 plus the PS or is the PS included in the 53? If they are in addition to the 53, remove Frisman Jackson and Posiak/Kowelaski can easily be substituted in. Manny Collins would also be a strong candidate for the PS.

-Good point about Kimo, Hicks, Hamilton... I didn't even think about how old all 3 of them are. I wouldn't want to see all 3 either now that I think about it. I'd like to see them drop Kimo and take Haynes or Andre.

-Mosely is certainly gone if there is an upgrade on the market... so long as he is big and fat and can take up two gaps at once... same goes with the OG's (which I do think they will bring one in)

-I have Costanzo, Spencer and Washington making it

No, I know he's a great LS... I was just saying that's all he provides. Posiak and Kowaleski are better TE's but, you're right... Dearth's LS abilities are very beneficial; which is why I said he makes the team.

Actually I think something was said a few weeks ago that Dearth was not considered

a TE anymore and was strictly the LS.

Also does anyone who went to TC know who the back up long snapper is???

Spencer will make the team. He was on the team last year and is clearly slated to be Hobsons back up/ sub.

That gets us to 7 lbs. The Jets will probably carry 8 (though 9 is not impossible). That really only leaves Trusnick, Costanzo, Kassell, and Schlegel.

Why are so many here convinced that Costanzo will make the team? I dont think he's made a tackle all season, I think he had an ST penalty, and he's undersized for 3-4 ILB. He's destined for the PS as is Trusnick (who I think the Jets are much more interested in developing). That leaves Kassell and Schlegel. Smart money would be on Kassell, but my Ohio State heart says Schlegel makes the team with or without Kassell.

Spencer will make it as the ST LB. Washington played very well for the Jets at the end of last season - he too is a relatively big hitter. I think Kassell will be there too.

I would have thought Tutt for the last offensive slot (backup H-Back, TE and FB) but now I think he may have been beaten out by Pociask.

I think the Jets might add three guys that will have been cut from other teams. They did it last year (Ryan, Hilton, etc) and seem to have some glaring depth problems again this season. I guess one or two O-linemen and a DL/NT.

wallace wright and drew coleman make the team for sure in my opinion.

I disagree re Coleman. I dont think he's very good. I'd rather keep Poteat as our fifth CB or get another veteran. Our top four CBs are pretty good, IMO, with Revis and Miller having serious upside. Their potential development is a real bright spot for the Jets.

Archived