Official Sox/Yankees thread(Merged 2X)

Gainzo

What's left? 28 games?

I really don't want to see the Yanks in the playoffs. Hopefully they get Detroit or Anaheim in the first round.

The Yankees will get the WC.

You know what this reminds me of? The other day (or about ten days ago) I saw a spot on ESPN where one of the analysts (Tim Kirjan?) predicted that the Yankees would miss the playoffs. Now I have no problem with that prediction. I don't agree with it, but I can see how a case can be made that there are no guarantees and all that. What confused me was that at the opening of the spot they said "right now the yankees are arguably the best team in basebal". So let me get this straight, you're going to say the "arguably the BEST team in baseball" won't be able to make up four or five games in the WC with forty-something games left to play. I don't know how you make a comment like that. Just silly.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yankees had to do what they had to do.

Tampa Bay up next for the Yanks

Baltimore for Boston.

Should be interesting to see if the Yanks can chop another game or two off that lead.

I don't envision that. Although I didn't envision a sweep either. Yankee Stadium is tough. Even tougher without your best hitter. We'll see how things go down in Fenway, as I expect full retribution. Yankees played like a team that needed to win. And they did. I still don't think they take the division, and I think they'll have to work for the WC.

The Red Sox DO NOT want to face the Yankees in the playoff's. That's for sure.

They ware going to struggle to get by the first round. I do not believe a division winner can meet a WC from the same division.

They ware going to struggle to get by the first round. I do not believe a division winner can meet a WC from the same division.

Correct.

If the season ended today the Yanks would face the Angels and the Sox would face Cleveland.

The Angels for whatever reason are the Yankees kryptonite.

And the Yankees want to face anybody but the Angels, thats for sure.

A great sweep completed today by Wang, Cano, Joba, Jeter and Giambi.

The Angels are who the Yankees will face though. Unless they come back to win the division.

You gotta love Crocodile Dundee Josh Beckett talking smack to Joba. Beckett is the same classless POS who complained that he had to stop for God Bless AMerica during the 7th inning stretch the other night. Show some class for the people who fight for this country so you can make millions playing a sport you arse-hat.

And what the heck does he wear aroud his neck? A noose?

You gotta love Crocodile Dundee Josh Beckett talking smack to Joba. Beckett is the same classless POS who complained that he had to stop for God Bless AMerica during the 7th inning stretch the other night. Show some class for the people who fight for this country so you can make millions playing a sport you arse-hat.

And what the heck does he wear aroud his neck? A noose?

What did Beckett say?

Dude is overrated beyond belief anyway.

Archived